Terrance Project Thread

Terrance888

Discord Reigns
Welcome to Echoes of Glory!

Introduction

More than a century ago, strange men landed upon these shores beneath their innumerable banners, claiming all for their Emperor from across the seas. Although they seemed to sweep all before them, soon the native tribes organized a resistance and fought them to a stalemate. But the Empire was as crafty as it was strong, and begun playing the natives against each other. Under their watch, they eradicated the Druids who had organized the resistance, and each year it seemed that their armies marched further and further from the coast.

Their strength turned out to be an illusion, a last grasp of an Empire on the verge of collapse. Contact sputtered as plague and revolt rocked the homeland. Legion after legion were recalled by one pretender or another to fight in an endless civil war. Finally, twenty years ago, the last Sea Strider unmoored from these shores, to never return.

The last governors tried their best to maintain control over this colony, this last known patch of civilization. But even under their watchful stewardship, the native tribes grew bold, the colonial magistrates resentful. Finally, disaster struck here as well. A plague ripped its way through the once-bustling capital of this colony, casting away the final chains of unifying bureaucracy.

The magistrates, now left leaderless, jockey amongst themselves, each seeking authority over what remains of the imperial colony. Meanwhile, Generals of the remaining Legions calm their men and wonder how long they can wait for new command, before seizing that right for themselves. Across the pale, Imperial whispers melt away from the ears of Native Kings. Freed from their intricate webs of suggestion and deceit, they could now act decisively to claim what they deserve. The Druids too, emerge once again from the shadowed woods amongst which they hid. As the vernal sun rises over the ruins of the once-proud city, it’s light speaks of opportunity to leaders all across the land. A chance for a new beginning, rising from the ashes of the old. A chance to hear a long lost Echo… of Glory.

Welcome!

Echoes of Glory is a collaborative storytelling game commonly known as a “Never Ending Story” or NES. In this game, you play as a leader amongst either the Imperial or Tribal peoples, and strive to advance your faction and accomplish your goals. Additionally, you could write stories, reports, graphics or other roleplaying posts to describe your faction and it’s place in the world. Together, the game and story combine to tell a tale of the aftermath of an ambitious colonization attempt by a dying empire.

As a leader, you would look on your statistics, or “Stats”, as well as reports, or “Updates” to determine what you want to command your people to do. These orders are sent as one official “Order” to me in a private conversation. I will collect all of such Orders by all the players, as well as those made by non-player factions, and create a new Update and Stats. This pattern will continue, hopefully forever, but more realistically until one definitive ending point arises.

Although this NES is still in development, you can still plan to participate and indeed, help in the development of the final product. Much of the history, religion, and culture are still undefined. Other than your planned faction, there will be many neighbors to create and rivalries to detail. Currently I have 13 slots open.

The Lands of Kydron/Sythram

The native tribes call this land Sythram, but the imperial colonists call it Kydron.

The lands of Kydron can be quartered into three halves. To the south, along the coasts and the lowland riverlands is the Colony. There, imperial settlements survive, and some thrive. To the northeast, the River Kings dwell in the Amber Vale. Finally, to the northwest dwell forgotten tribes of the Ancient Vale.

Overall, the climate ranges from those of Northern France to those in southern Scandinavia.

Beyond these lands to the north lie high mountains and icy plateaus. To the south west, the broken lands, a treacherous archipelago. And to the east, an endless grassy desert.

Currently, this map is but a rough sketch. I plan to edit and change the map according to player's desires and preferred starting positions.

The darker grey box shows an area roughly equivalent to that of England.

Current scale is each pixel is 1 square mile.

The Colony

The Colony is defined by the three rivers, the central lake, and the coast. The western river leads to a rocky, mineral rich valley which could be considered the northernmost part of the Broken Lands. The easternmost river leads into a very fertile valley reminiscent of their homeland. Sheltered by wet hills, its fertility points towards the deep soil of the endless grass desert.

The central river leads north to a central lake. For the Tribals, it holds no small religious significance in the center of their region. For the Imperials, it is merely a convenient terrain feature to anchor their current frontier and, in the future, facilitate intra-colonial trade.

Finally, the coast starts off rather gentle to the east, to becoming increasingly rocky and and broken up to the west. As one heads towards the broken lands, one can find deep pools for pearl diving.

The Amber Vale

The eastern river valley north of the lake is the Amber Vale. A series of relatively fertile valleys dotted with numerous hills, they are known for the precious amber which is traded to the Imperial Colony. The Amber Vale is controlled by several “River Kings”, who rule “kingdoms” of various sizes. The River Kings are tribal chiefdoms who have adopted several trappings of imperial civilization. The Empire keeps them fighting amongst each other, to promote trade as well as make sure no one will dominate the region and levy it’s considerable resources against it. Without the Empire’s divisive influence, the Amber Vale may soon find itself united under a single banner.

The Ancient Vale

The western river travels higher and higher up the mountains, before turning a corner into a half-forgotten valley. This is the half-mythical Ancient Vale, where Druids still roam amongst the tribes that live here. Here, the old ways are still strong. Unlike the valleys below, the Ancient Vale is much colder and less fertile. Every few years, a tribe would gather their supplies and march out, following oft-followed trails to test their luck against the Imperial Border Legions. Every few years, they failed.

Available Slots

Currently, I am looking for players these slots. Depending on interest, I might unlock more slots.

3 Imperial City States: A Naval Port, a Mining Town, and an Agrarian Market Town

2 Imperial Legions

3 Tribal “River Kings”, Semi-Imperialized border Tribes

3 Tribal “Ancient Tribes”, Tribes which still hold onto the Old Ways​

The Tribals allow for greater customization than the Imperials, but there is still a significant degree of leeway available for you to design something that fits the setting and what you want to play.

There are two neighboring regions which are currently “Locked”, but which I might open depending on interest.

The Broken Lands

The Great Grass Desert

Additionally, depending on interest I might allow allow players to play a "Tribal Affiliate", half assimilated allied tribes of the Empire, who live within the Colonia, provide a significant measure of manpower during wars, and whose loyalties are divided between the people they came from, and the people they now serve.

What Can You Do?

Choose a slot and write about the kind of society you envision there, your neighbors, and your leader. As I release more information, you can adjust this submission and even influence what I release.

You can also write suggestions or thoughts or cool concepts you want to see happen. I’m all ears! Or well, half ears half eyes. Actually, I’m a normal guy. Except for the third arm.

Coming Up

More information about the culture, religion, and history of the Imperials and the Tribals. Your suggestions, comments, and such may help in the development of the lore! Additionally, I will me tinkering and posting reports about the ruleset for you to rip to shreds/constructively comment.

Hooray! I'm really looking forward to this, especially as the background gets fleshed out and further developed.

I'm interested in so many things, it's difficult to pick. Part of me wants to wait and see where the interest is greatest so I can fill any holes, but I'll prioritize what I'm thinking of:

1) A River King, or perhaps a prince, technically, born in the Amber Vale to an Imperial mother and a Kydronian (native) father. General attitudes would be a fusion of admiration for the Empire's accomplishments in organization and technology with a hatred for its historical oppression and manipulation of his people. His ultimate goal is the foundation of something greater - to fuse the native and imperial peoples into a new and greater Empire than the one that came before.

2) An ancient imperial noble/merchant family fallen into exile/hard times after winding up on the losing end of a succession war several years ago, and choosing imprisonment in the mines of of the Kydron colony over death. Through a mixture of conniving/intelligence and luck, coming to rise to control the mine and then the mining town and restore their fortunes as local magistrates over several generations. Wealthy, with many allies and spies, but lacking in up-front military power. Goals: Manipulate everyone else into doing their bidding with minimal risk; rise to the top without lifting a finger. Trade trade trade trade trade.

3) An old imperial general filled with regrets, waiting to die alone. Believes that the world is coming to the end with the fall of the Empire, and mixes a blackly depressed view of the world with the desire to allow the spirits of his men to embrace glorious death. Would be focused on exterminating the last of the accursed Druids against all odds. Goals: Pursue extremely quixotic and possibly doomed military campaigns that future historians will facepalm at, and maybe accidentally succeed hard enough to become a legend. Strong believer in gods/magic, believes that fate is pulling him in a direction.

I'll think on/refine these ideas more as I see what other people want to play!

Last edited:
@Thlayli

Howdy!

Glad you're excited, and I'm definitely excited to see what your final choice would be.

These ideas definitely can fit into the theme and atmosphere I am going for. I'll respond briefly to each.

1) Would be interesting because I have a real life friend who has a similar idea, but from an Imperial point of view. He wanted to play as probably the agrarian town noticing that the "backward" agricultural practices of the tribals produce much greater yields than expected than the newly imported crops the colonists brought with them, among other things. The intermingling of the two cultures will definitely be an important theme!

2) Yeah, during the upheavals before the lost of contact, boat loads of political prisoners would be shipped to the ass end of the earth aka Kydronia, where they can be useful without being influence. Definitely will have plans for plenty of neighbors (towns, operations, mercenary bands) which perhaps you can start with some prebuilt influence in compared to other city states and their neighbors.

3) Depending on his age, it could definitely be a heartbreaking journey to the present. At his prime or early career, the Empire would have still seemed superficially supreme, from this distance. Multiple legions were operating aggressively in the Colony under high command, joining the internecine wars of the Amber Vale and assaulting Druidic strongholds. And he would have lived to see it all fall apart. His quest, if nothing else, would be a poetic end to such a life.

On Magic:

Magic does exist...? Or at least, there are things definitely not possible in our world happening, happen. The Imperial Guilds and Ancient Houses have secret rites and knowledge, half religion and half magic, which they claim to produce concrete results. If nothing else, their most priceless armor is irreproducable by any normal smith. Similarly, myth and legend speaks of the terrifying works the Druids can muster, although time and wistful thinking surely has exaggerated those tales, right?

A young, rather idealistic Imperial commander, drawn to the army by family tradition and risen in the ranks through connections. A man with a limited vision, his loftiest goal is to keep the colony united and secure, though he might be unwilling to embark in foolish wars of aggression.

A young, rather idealistic Imperial commander, drawn to the army by family tradition and risen in the ranks through connections. A man with a limited vision, his loftiest goal is to keep the colony united and secure, though he might be unwilling to embark in foolish wars of aggression.

Sounds interesting! Having at least one player who maintains the Imperial Ideals would be great.

For those who intend to play generals, the Legions generally compose of two age groups. One is composed of veterans whose terms of service are nearing its end. After decades of campaigning they would be seeking land grants, retirement, or reenlistment as trainers or elite troops. The second is composed of various hanger-ons the legion has recruited over the decades. Maintaining the loyalty of these two groups within your command structure may be a struggle depending on the vision you espouse.

The chronicles say the druids claimed they could be pierced by no mortal blade. So the imperial magistrates tied rocks to their feet and tossed them into the lake instead.

Drowning them in their very own sacred lake? You monster! :p

@ All

Here's a list of ideas for various tribal possibilities. Please don't consider a restrictive list: instead, consider it as ideas and possibilities!

• Migration: This tribe decides to pull a Helvetii and uproot their entire society in order to claim their share of fertile land and fresh blood. You would need to deal with internal politics and manage weather forecasts and harvests in order to find the perfect time to march. Once you do march, you need to choose your routes carefully, for many have attempted what you wish to accomplish before, and most have failed.
  • Revival: This tribe has been conspiring with the Druids and have been secretly maintaining the old ways. Most likely in the Ancient Vale. With the seemingly inevitable collapse of the Colony, the Druids have revealed themselves and will cooperate with you to make Sythram great again!
  • Consolidation: The tribal system isn't exactly perfect for long term maintenance of power. Each tribe has their own way of passing down leadership, and a tribe that's powerful now may be nothing in ten years. This tribe, however, desires to change things. Although they would be hard pressed to NOT borrow from the imperial systems, they may attempt to forge their tribes into a kingdom that would stand the test of time.
  • Conquest/Unification: This tribe cares less about maintaining power, than achieving it. Conquering and submitting enemy tribes under their control increases their power and prestige, hopefully creating an unstoppable snowballing of conquest which will sear their name into the annals of history.
  • Cultural Flowering: This tribe cares less of politics and war, insofar as they maintain their influence. For this tribe seeks to create a tribal culture able and willing to stand up against outsider influence. Hopefully, they can look beyond the inherent contradictions of Sythramic culture and becoming a unifying force for the decades or centuries to come.
  • Others: Perhaps you have a clever idea of your own? Please share!

Last edited:
I don't think terrance has shared this yet, but he mentioned on #nes that he plans on turns being seasonal; so 4 turns a year. Which will be pretty cool, since the dynamics for spring/summer/fall/winter will all be super different with both income, trading, and campaigning.

One of the things I'm most looking forward to is managing scarce and sometimes irreplaceable resources in limited manpower and extremely expensive equipment. The idea of deciding whether to make a risky and expensive winter offensive and suffer mass attrition, but with a chance of great success thanks to your opponent deciding to dismiss his levies to go home (because he HAS to, there's literally no food). This feeds into things like investing precious funds into a supply train and taking the risks of guarding it, or taking the risk of relying on forage/pillage, saving money but limiting your campaign's effectiveness to the warmer months.

And the composition of levy vs. professional will be interesting too. Like the Imperial professionals could conceivably march through the winter, or reform after a defeat, when a tribal army will be hard-pressed to do such things, but the legionary generals on their own lack the funds and land to pay their troops, which is in the hands of the imperial magistrates/city-state governors. But conversely, the imperial city-states have only pathetic militias to defend their land without the legion's support, and would surely be raped and pillaged if the legions abandoned them. So it's an uneasy co-dependency that both sides might deride as parasitic.

Since tribal fighters march based on blood/name loyalty and loot, they're easier to manage, and presumably their manpower (while more transient) is higher overall, while the Imperial players need to cooperate economically, tactically and strategically to fully leverage their resources. And if the careful co-dependence of all the imperial factions breaks down, the barbarians are (quite literally) at the gates.

I'm hopeful that all these things will be reflected in the stats!

Last edited:
I took terrance's awful, poorly planned out draft map ( ;) ) and gave it a much better coloration scheme. I also labeled it with the current draft locations! Here you go:

TerraNES Better.png

The affiliated tribes location was kind of a guess, they might be spread out/in other places.

Looks fun, maybe a legion leader would fit me, WAR.

If you're just looking for war, I would suggest you to look at some of the Tribal options! War can be a much less "All or Nothing" for them.

I don't think terrance has shared this yet, but he mentioned on #nes that he plans on turns being seasonal; so 4 turns a year. Which will be pretty cool, since the dynamics for spring/summer/fall/winter will all be super different with both income, trading, and campaigning.

That is true! Each season would have it's own unique dynamic in terms of harvesting food and other resources, armies and attrition, trading and other income. In the deep winter, for example, all the rivers north of the Lake freeze over.

Two dynamics I would like to preview would be 1) At the end of every winter update, both the Druids and the Imperial Cult would give a weather forecast. For the sake of gameplay, they would be more accurate than not. 2) The Imperials and the Tribals have different agricultural packages, which have only intermingled slightly by the start of the game. This means their agricultural income reacts different in response to different seasons and weather conditions.

One of the things I'm most looking forward to is managing scarce and sometimes irreplaceable resources in limited manpower and extremely expensive equipment. The idea of deciding whether to make a risky and expensive winter offensive and suffer mass attrition, but with a chance of great success thanks to your opponent deciding to dismiss his levies to go home (because he HAS to, there's literally no food). This feeds into things like investing precious funds into a supply train and taking the risks of guarding it, or taking the risk of relying on forage/pillage, saving money but limiting your campaign's effectiveness to the warmer months.

Managing scarce resources is definitely an important part of the economic and mercantile game. For example, Legionnaires require special "Legionary Equipment" to be trained. Legionary Equipment is the end step of a chain of resources extraction and specialized workshops. Even Militia above skirmishers require access to refined metal. Comparably Tribals can run their armies on Iron, or even more antiquated Bronze, Stone or Wood. For another example, war horses is a pretty rare resource which requires careful husbandry to grow, and can easily be expended in a misjudged campaign. I won't use actual numbers for most of these resources, but I will send you warnings when your availability/stockpile might go down from your actions. For a less militaristic point of view, Pearls from the Broken Lands is a very valuable trade good for the Tribals, similar to Amber for the Imperials. The Pearls and Amber trade route is pretty important, especially since it starts cut.

On Manpower: I man to have 1 manpower be roughly 10 people. This represents 1-2 families/households and is a very rough estimate of how much you can recruit into your forces. A subjective stat would qualify how strained your manpower is. HOWEVER, with seasonal turns it would take 15*4 = 60 updates for the new generation to replace the old. All out war can be very costly to your manpower, especially if mismanaged. No one has an endless supply of manpower, and it should be carefully husbanded and spent.

And the composition of levy vs. professional will be interesting too. Like the Imperial professionals could conceivably march through the winter, or reform after a defeat, when a tribal army will be hard-pressed to do such things, but the legionary generals on their own lack the funds and land to pay their troops, which is in the hands of the imperial magistrates/city-state governors. But conversely, the imperial city-states have only pathetic militias to defend their land without the legion's support, and would surely be raped and pillaged if the legions abandoned them. So it's an uneasy co-dependency that both sides might deride as parasitic.

Precisely.

Since tribal fighters march based on blood/name loyalty and loot, they're easier to manage, and presumably their manpower (while more transient) is higher overall, while the Imperial players need to cooperate economically, tactically and strategically to fully leverage their resources. And if the careful co-dependence of all the imperial factions breaks down, the barbarians are (quite literally) at the gates.

I'm hopeful that all these things will be reflected in the stats!

I took terrance's awful, poorly planned out draft map ( ;) ) and gave it a much better coloration scheme. I also labeled it with the current draft locations! Here you go:

View attachment 458273

The affiliated tribes location was kind of a guess, they might be spread out/in other places.

Mostly right. The Affiliated tribes would be interspersed within the Colonia, and be of various ranges of assimilation. Where the Affiliated Tribes are located now, would be a bunch of very small and scattered tribes in the "Long Valley". Don't really have a name for that valley right now lol. But the tribes there are much smaller and less influential than those in either the Ancient Vale or the River Kings, and have no significant resources [other than excess manpower, perhaps]. They are a prime recruiting ground for would-be conquerors with great prestige. I plan to have most of the tribes there be NPC, unless there is a lot of interest in them!

Religion Overview!

So these are my current thoughts for the basic set up of religions in Kydron/Sythram. Two are Imperial and two are Tribal. As you can see they can definitely use some fleshing out! Feel free to add to them or ask questions about them!

Imperial Religion

The Celestial Bureaucracy - The official religion of the Empire. Also known as the Imperial Cult. The Celestial Bureaucracy places all existence in a great ladder of authority. The Emperor is simultaneously the highest worldly authority, and the lowest divine authority. Part of Imperial policy is to place the gods of conquered peoples within the Bureaucracy as part of assimilation. Comparable with: Confucianism/Traditional Chinese Folklore, Roman Polytheism (and Mystery Cults). The Spiritual World underlies both the Physical and the Divine world, and is also the world of dreams.

The Cult of Ascension - An underground cult which has managed to transplant itself into Kydron. It’s a Christianity-like religion, in the sense that…
It threatens the imperial hierarchy and status quo…
It speaks of a personal relationship with the divine, salvation, and afterlife…
It is a populist movement…​
I haven’t detailed the specifics yet, and indeed, without a Constantine-style figure there may be many branches of the church with their own interpretations or “heresies”. However, I can see that this may become much more popular in these uncertain times.

Tribal Religion

The Druid Circles - The Ancient Circles of the Druids led the old ways of the Sythram natives. Preserving a spiritual faith and opaque oral culture and serving as non-partisan authorities amongst the warring chiefdoms before the Colonial era, they helped unite the Tribals to fight the Imperials to a standstill. However, over several campaigns and coups they were overthrown from much of their strongholds Central Sythram, forced to flee, go into hiding, or die. Although they hold the central lake sacred, few Druids risk visiting it for rituals these days. Druids are said collectively to wield ancient and powerful magics in the name of preserving some vague balance. Although the wars targeting them seemed successful, rumors afloat that the Plague which struck the Colony and their capital so heavily was their work.

Majstromka - The Imperials played their cards carefully, turning one Chief after another against the Druidic machinations. Through their actions they have granted some commonly known spirits greater, and more physical, powers than Tribal traditions would dictate. These new gods form the Majstromka, a young but vibrant pantheon followed by many Tribals, especially amongst the River Kings. The Majstromka led to an even greater importance placed on honor and prestige amongst the Tribal peoples, and it's growing strength and cohesion may prove to backfire on the now weakened Imperials who installed it originally.

How applications/interest are shaking out now, based on the thread and #nes:

Tribal Interest:
ork - Druidic Revival / Ancient Vale warlordism / Religious movement starter
Iggy - Ancient Vale Druids
thomas.berubeg - River/Lake King
Omega - (Unknown tribal, I heard this from terrance)

Imperial Interest:
Bombshoo - Mining Magistrate
Johanna - Legion
erez - Legion
Terrance's friend (?) - Agrarian Heartland

I'm officially interested in both the River Legion and being one of the River Kings, my options 1 & 3, but I'm going to continue to wait to see who joins in which areas before I make an official application. Ceding the mining town to bombshoo, since he loves that kind of thing.

Last edited:
I would be interested into joining as a River King who wants to end the tribal system permanently and instead move onto a more centralised monarchy. Perhaps alter the currently existing religion to make his rule easier, as well.

Hey. This seems interesting, epecially the tribal lands. I'm interested in something in Ancient Lands-if too crowded-maybe in the great grass desert all hail Crom

Vastya is One,Vastya is the Earth and the Sea and the Sun, Vastya is Heavenly, Vastya is Supreme.

The Druids once knew him, in the old days of the forest, they knew him as one in hull and vale and brook. But they lost their deer-track, they strayed through the brush and called him a thousand times a thousand names, they rejected his unity for a million falsehoods. And they fall, and now are nought but petty magicians, using his unity for spite.

Those of the true works, their true path, may still be saved. But they will never be our equals

For we know truth.

The ascendants, who call to the sun from across the Sea, they know him too. But they too are lost, fragmented into a thousand sects who cannot see.

They too may yet be saved, they too know how Vastya the Earth protects all his folk. But they will never be our equals.

For we know truth.

And the pagans, who corrupt our hills and pollute our cakes, whose claims to power rest only on deceit, whose terrible yoke has too long cursed Sythram...

Well, they too can be saved. They can be saved by the fires of the sun, the dark wet depths of the earth, the cold hard steel of the righteous.

Or, indeed, the name of Vastya One, He Supreme.

All who know truth will be saved. All who choose apostasy will perish.

And for it the world will once more be right.

For we know truth.

Vastya is love, Vastya is life. :p

Terrance, what's the plan going forward? Are you going to start confirming people for spots, and then getting us to fill out a template? Or template first, confirmation later? Given that a lot more support has come on the tribal side, I'm going to officially throw my lot in with the Imperials, and apply to be a legion commander to keep things balanced. (KYDRONIANS, WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION? AHOO, AHOO, etc.)

I can also confirm Terrance is working on a blown up version of the draft map.

Updated List of Interested Players:

Tribal Interest:

---
Ancient Vale
ork - Ancient Vale religious movement
Iggy - Ancient Vale Druids
Defacto - Ancient Vale / Great Grass Desert
---
Amber Vale
thomas.berubeg - River/Lake King
Tolni - River King

Other
Omega - (Unknown tribal, I heard this from terrance)

Imperial Interest:

---
Civilians/City-States
Bombshoo - Mining Magistrate
Terrance's friend (?) - Agrarian Town(s)
---
Military
Thlayli - River Legion
Johanna - Legion
erez - Legion
Luckymoose - Mercenary Company

Other

flyingchicken - Cult leader (?)

Since we have more people interested in legions than we have legions to play, some options include opening up the plague-stricken capital legion for a player who doesn't mind being weaker, allowing some players to play lower-level characters within the same legion, or convincing one of the legionary applicants to play the military port instead.

Last edited:
...And so we fell upon them at sunset, when the soothsayers assured us the druidic magic was at it’s eb. The full might of the imperial legion pouring into hellish catacombs and labyrinths, where drunken barbarian shriekers would leap out at us, half naked and in a frenzy of madness and blood. I lost many brothers that night, but by the time the sun broke over the distant horizons, we had pushed our way into the central stone circle. They stood chanting, there, those hoary old men,and the rising run threw into relief their shadows, which I swear to all the gods writhed in the shapes antlered demons and serpents crawling over each other, wriggling away like cockroaches away from the rising sun. The druids had promised their followers that no blade could kill them... and so we drowned the bastards in their own holy waters. It was with vengeance in our hearts, the screams of the dead tribals still echoing in our ears that we tore down their unholy sanctum, the sergeants gleeful orders followed with more fervor than they likely had ever seen. Within days the great stones had been pulled down, the bones of long dead druids ground into cement, and the heart of Edge was taking shape. Half a mile between the shores, on that boundary between river and lake, on an island built with the earth taken from the tumuluses, we built our outpost. The walls of the fort were powerful, strong, the druids had taken great care to build their holy shrines with only the best of materials... and it was that strength, shackled and enslaved, that would come to represent the Might of the Empire in these, the nether regions of the Empire...

Top Bottom