Expanding vs super city

secretbonus

Chieftain
So you can either expand early building lots of cities, or condense a bunch of settlers into one city and take advantage of wonders and buildings such as library and market and temple as well as great people to create a powerful city that can produce enough to assist in the development of the remaining cities. The advantage also we turn every citizen added (not including what they contribute to growth) into 1.5 citizens with use of the hanging gardens... But that is much more effective if you can get your city large first. However, if it takes too long someone else will beat you to that particular wonder.

Anyone have any good tactics towards when to expand, and when to condense to say maximize the rate of increase in gold production and what not?

At least for me, once I notice a city is producing science or gold, I let it grow one and then build a settler. Once I use up most of my space, though, I don't try and squeeze in more cities, because by that time, larger cities are more valuable.

Top Bottom