Fall from Heaven Phase 2 release list

Kael

Deity
Im trying to plan out Phase 2 so we can have an idea on what to focus on and where things will fall. I also like the idea of "themeing" the versions so that they offer a new aspect to the game (it will also help generate interest).

This is what I have so far. Let me know what you tihnk and if you think things should be pushed back or moved up. Thi is a very high level list, there may be a 100 things that need to be made in the game to accomplish just one of the items on these lists.

Version 1.1 "Light"

Required:

[tab]1. New spell system
[tab]2. 16 New civs (all except Mercurians, Sidar, Svartalfar, Infernal and Illians)
[tab]3. Associated new leaders, civ specific units and buildings
[tab]4. Temple upgrades.
[tab]5. 1 Hero for each civ.
[tab]6. Mana nodes.
[tab]7. Alignments and civ enemies.

Desired:

[tab]1. Add the Conclave of Delos (sun) religion?

Version 1.2 "Fire"

Required:

[tab]1. Fire side of Hell
[tab]2. Mercurians and Infernal civs
[tab]3. Armageddon counter

Desired:

[tab]1. Forest fires
[tab]2. New religion?
[tab]3. Ancient forests

Version 1.3 "Shadow"

Required:

[tab]1. Quests
[tab]2. Equipment
[tab]3. Sidar, Svartalfar and Illian civs
[tab]4. Shadow side of Hell.
[tab]5. Wilderness
[tab]6. Monster resource nodes
[tab]7. Shadow and Sun spheres

Desired:

[tab]1. New religion?

Version 1.4 "Ice"

Required:

[tab]1. FfH Scenerio's

Starting from the top:
Light:
1. I think that you should also leave out another good civ. Currently the good civs outnumebr the bad, and taking away one would leave you with an even fifteen.
2. I personally thinkt hat svaltar should be put in in phase two, so that there are many elven untis out there, and the elf slaying promotion is useful. Take out the mind one, which looks much more complex.
3. A little more flavor on each of the civs would be nice before we started creating units and buildings for them.
4. I'm glad we've convicne you with our temple upgrades ideas.
5. New religion? Yay!!!

loki1232 said:
Starting from the top:
Light:
1. I think that you should also leave out another good civ. Currently the good civs outnumebr the bad, and taking away one would leave you with an even fifteen.

I have no problem with this, lets start working on them and we can push one if it looks like it needs more work or we just dont have an interesting concept for it.

2. I personally thinkt hat svaltar should be put in in phase two, so that there are many elven untis out there, and the elf slaying promotion is useful. Take out the mind one, which looks much more complex.

All the new elven units coming in 1.1 should make it worthwile (maybe to worthwile). I wanted to save the dark elves for Shadow because I think a lot of the work we will do for that stage will help with the dark elves. thats when we will probably write the shadow and death spells. I want to take a closer look at assasination and subtefuge options in shadow, something that is core to both the sidar and the dark elves.

3. A little more flavor on each of the civs would be nice before we started creating units and buildings for them.

Good point. Ill go through the civ post and try to add a line or two about each of them.

4. I'm glad we've convicne you with our temple upgrades ideas.

They are good ideas. We might be stealing a few of them for civ specific buildings too.

5. New religion? Yay!!!

They are question marks! But I thought they might be nice adds if they fit the theme of that release.

*Quickly thinks of religions that fit the themes of the release*

Well the fire release is a good time for the fire/body/chaos religion.
Another evil one might unbalance things, but we need something for the shadow release. Truthfully, I can think of a better religion for the light release (sun/spirit/enchantment)
I feel like we've used all of the evil spheres already except shadow, and it would be hard to have a religion based on that. Admittedly it would fit the release...

EDIT: if we get the good religion set up quickly maybe we could release it and the chaos one in the fire phase.

Added a link to the alpha version of Light to the first post.

loki1232 said:
Um is the 1.59 patch included in the download?

No, send me a pm if you want to try the alpha and dont have the patch.

I'm amazed at how fast you and Talchas can put together a working file. I wasn't expecting anything even remotely functional for weeks yet. Then again, I've not written a program since I wrote code in Fortran 70 in college.

Any particular timetable for when you'd like the techs more fleshed out? The version I have up now has pretty much everything from 1.0 in it except for a few exceptions. So it should be workable with the new version for testing as well, but I have to admit I've not done much with the .xls file than add and change a few techs, and that I don't really know what half of the variables mean.

Lunargent said:
I'm amazed at how fast you and Talchas can put together a working file.
I did get started over a month ago, so it hasn't been that short of a time, although it has been working to one extent or another for a good while now.

Lunargent said:
I'm amazed at how fast you and Talchas can put together a working file. I wasn't expecting anything even remotely functional for weeks yet. Then again, I've not written a program since I wrote code in Fortran 70 in college.

Any particular timetable for when you'd like the techs more fleshed out? The version I have up now has pretty much everything from 1.0 in it except for a few exceptions. So it should be workable with the new version for testing as well, but I have to admit I've not done much with the .xls file than add and change a few techs, and that I don't really know what half of the variables mean.

No timetable. The tech tree is always one of the last pieces because we have to fit it to everything we have created (and right now that list is kinda murky). There is an updated tech spreadsheet in the assets/editor directory. if you have any questions about what the fields are for just throw up questions in the tech thread and ill answer as many as I can.

Uploaded a new alpha version to the first post in this thread. It contains the following changes:

*1. Made disease only applicable to living units.
*2. Added animals to living units array.
*3. Made it so animals cant be slaves.
*4. Made werewolves animals.
*5. Made Kael a Sheaim hero.
*6. Made Maros an Khazad hero.
*7. Gave the Arcane Barge, Hemah and Kael the ability to cast.
*8. Kept units from being able to cast twice ber turn.
*9. Added xp to spellcasting (early very basic form).
*10. Added Animal promotions.
*11. Added the Feed ability (Vampire ability, devour population for xp)
*12. Added the Vampire unit (Calabim only, feed ability)
*13. Added the Burning Blood spell (body 2, divine 1, boosts stats, 50% chance to destroy the unit at the end of the turn)
*14. Added the Moroi unit (Calabim unit, Burning Blood ability)
*15. Added the Enforcer unit (Bannor only, improved city defense)
*16. Added the Beastman unit (Doviello only, improved city attack)
*17. Added the Guardsman unit (Bannor only)
*18. Added the Bannor Paladin unit (Bannor only)
*19. Added the Ring of Flames spell (fire 1 sorcery 1 spell, does damage to all units within 1 tile)
*20. Added the Lifecycle spell (creation 2, divine 1 spell, units death upgrades the tile)
*21. Added the new phase 2 unit combats (Lightning, Water, Orc, Undead)
*22. Granted priests the ability to choose selected spheres (based on their religion) during levelup
*23. Added the Death and Earth spheres.
*24. Added the Orc Axeman unit (Clan of Embers only).
*25. Added flags for all civs.
*26. Added the units file to the FfH editor.
*27. Added the Lichdom spell (death 3, sorcery 3, turns the caster into a lich).
*28. Added the Lich unit.
*29. Added the Raise Skeleton spell (death 1, sorcery 1).
*30. Added the Summon Tiger spell (nature 2, summoning 1).
*31. Added the Destroy Undead spell (life 1, sorcery 1).
*32. Added the Gift Vampirism ability (Vampire ability, make a level 7 or higher unit into a vampire).
*33. Fixed the fact that onCombatResult wasn't being called (kept subdue animal, disease, werewolves and fireball effects from working).

I just fixed my computer so that I can actually play a real game of Civ4 and downloaded the latest version of FFH. Its nice to see how everything is being used. The xml file is really nice - reminds me of homeworld 2. Just playing a game, the lack of any references to spells in the pedia was really annoying, so I might work on that next. Also, a bunch of spells have that Ctrl-Alt-F12 hotkey I used testing, and there are a few other leftovers (like haste using the nuke sound).

talchas said:
I just fixed my computer so that I can actually play a real game of Civ4 and downloaded the latest version of FFH. Its nice to see how everything is being used. The xml file is really nice - reminds me of homeworld 2. Just playing a game, the lack of any references to spells in the pedia was really annoying, so I might work on that next. Also, a bunch of spells have that Ctrl-Alt-F12 hotkey I used testing, and there are a few other leftovers (like haste using the nuke sound).

Yeah I havent spent much time on the aesthetics yet, just trying to get them in and working. We are going to need to go through effects and audio to try to make the spells as distinct as possible.

Im building the 1.60 version now. I will build on that this week and I should have another update available next weekend. Hopefully with more of everything.

Yeah, a spell tab in the Pedia is definitly going to be needed.

Well, I'm working on a spell page for the Pedia now.

EDIT: Ugh, recompile everything again because I changed one thing in CvEnums.h ... I hate C++.

Ok, its done, I've uploaded it as part of the spell system, so same links as before. All the python is based on FFH 1.1, not vanilla, so you can just copy screens/*.py and entrypoints/CvScreenInterface.py over (and the dll) and it works.

Oh, and I currently haven't stuck all the text references in yet.

I was just looking at the list of features:
WOW
great work i can't wait to play it. I really think that we should add a religion worshipping lugus in the light release (when else can we send out a good religion)

loki1232 said:
I was just looking at the list of features:
WOW
great work i can't wait to play it. I really think that we should add a religion worshipping lugus in the light release (when else can we send out a good religion)

It would definitly fit the theme. I'll add it to the maybe list.

talchas said:
I just fixed my computer so that I can actually play a real game of Civ4 and downloaded the latest version of FFH. Its nice to see how everything is being used. The xml file is really nice - reminds me of homeworld 2.

What XML file are you refering to?

Top Bottom