Fall Further Credits

Vehem

Modmod Monkey
Credits

Fall Further Team
Vehem - Modmod-Monkey - Responsible for starting this whole mess
Xienwolf - Code Tinker-Monger - Responsible for engine development and creating a host of new features
Tarquelne - Scion Sympathizer - Responsible for the rise of Undead Patria
Jean Elcard - The Flavournator - Responsible for maps, mini-mods and general flavoursome fun
notque - Artificially Intelligent - Responsible for hammering the AI into something that can play FfH (on leave)
WarKirby - One Man Art Team - Responsible for making things pretty

Archos Civ
Unit Art - Modified from existing FFH Artwork
Leaderhead - "Thomas Anlauf" (Posted on Elfwood)
Music - Posted previously by Stoik (DiploWar music)
Original Suggestion and Flag - Slvynn
Palace Art - Woodelf and Winddelay

Chislev Civ
Unit Art - bernie14, sepamu92 (From Civfanatics FileDB)
Leaderhead - Kirby Sattler (Website here)
Music - White Buffalo by Native Amazonas

Dural Civ
Unit Art - danrell (From Civfanatics FileDB)
Leaderhead - Patron Wizard (Magic: The Gathering)
Statues of the Seven Virtues Art - Woodelf and Winddelay

Mazatl Civ
Unit Art - From Dragonia Mod (Woodelf, Winddelay and Darque)
Hero Art and Wyvern Guard - remodeled and reskinned by Winddelay

Cualli Civ
Unit Art - From Dragonia Mod (Woodelf, Winddelay and Darque)
Leaderhead - Saurus Warrior (WHFB - property of Games Workshop)

Kahdi Civ
Initial civ concept, concept artwork and original lore: Slyvnn
Unit Art - NikNaks, Slyvnn and Varietas Delectat
Music - Ambition (louisfoxfire.com)

Scions of Patria Civ
Concept, lore, development: Tarquelne
Building Artwork: woodelf

Jotnar Civ
All work by ArcticCircle with a few graphical tweaks by Vehem

Diverse Citysets
Woodelf, Winddelay and Darque (Dragonia II mod)
GeoModder, asioasioasio, Chamaedrys, C.Roland, Ganart, Sevo, White Rabbit, Woodelf and "the FfH art team" (Ethnic Citystyles Mod)

FFHBUG

Ported to FfH by Falc.
BUG mod by "The BUG team"
Component mods by Emperor Fool, SimCutie, Impaler[WrG], TheLopez, AsioAsioAsio, Ruff_hi, Alerum68, eotinb, Dr Elmer Jiggles, Taelis, Cammagno, Sevo and Chinese American

Other
It goes without saying, but this modmod is only possible because of the FFH2 mod itself, which I have spent far too many hours enjoying and for which I am grateful to all members of the Modteam.
Swamp artwork adapted from Marsh terrain by Rhye
Explorable Lairs - original by Marnok
Broader Alignment - original by Grey Fox
Worker Promotions - original by Xienwolf
Seven Pines Artwork - Psychic_Llamas
Main Menu Image - Wojciech ( Voytek ) Nowakowski (without permission - will be removed if requested)
Main Menu Soundtrack - Phoenix Chronicles (Draqo)

Special mention must also go to those who work on ModModMods derived from Fall Further, from whom I've shamelessly lifted many ideas to incorporate into the mod - especially Valkrionn and Iceciro :goodjob:

Great team, thanks to all of you. I suspect a lot of gamers don't realize/appreciate how much time and effort you guys have had to put in to make mods like FFH2 and Fall Further.

I do, so I just wanted to thank you all. I'm fairly new to both mods, but I foresee countless hours of fun ahead of me. :D

So, here it is indeed where the Credits go! I was reluctant to use it because I couldn't believe such a modmod would not have any other credits :confused:

So, one more time, you people are great! A job well done. You have taken something great and make it even greater. :goodjob:

Great team, thanks to all of you. I suspect a lot of gamers don't realize/appreciate how much time and effort you guys have had to put in to make mods like FFH2 and Fall Further.

I do, so I just wanted to thank you all. I'm fairly new to both mods, but I foresee countless hours of fun ahead of me. :D

So, here it is indeed where the Credits go! I was reluctant to use it because I couldn't believe such a modmod would not have any other credits :confused:

So, one more time, you people are great! A job well done. You have taken something great and make it even greater. :goodjob:

It's mostly just a place to credit the work we've borrowed from other places (of which there is plenty) - but we're certainly not adverse to hearing that people enjoy the mod, it just didn't occur to me to make a thread for it :D

Worth remembering though that the community as a whole is due credit - I've modded a few games over the years (started off on DooM in fact...), but CivFanatics is pretty much the best community for it that I've encountered. Work is shared freely between modders so that projects can be improved and the players provide excellent feedback :goodjob:

Worth remembering though that the community as a whole is due credit - I've modded a few games over the years (started off on DooM in fact...), but CivFanatics is pretty much the best community for it that I've encountered. Work is shared freely between modders so that projects can be improved and the players provide excellent feedback :goodjob:

I couldn't agree more! This community is the only reason my mod is as far along as it is as well. :)

DooM modding? Wow. I'm old enough to remember when that game was new (and when castle Wolfenstein was lol), but I didn't know there was a modding scene for it. Very cool.

I couldn't agree more! This community is the only reason my mod is as far along as it is as well. :)

DooM modding? Wow. I'm old enough to remember when that game was new (and when castle Wolfenstein was lol), but I didn't know there was a modding scene for it. Very cool.

Aye - editors distributed on PC-Magazine covers, and a map/graphics/sound sharing network on the old BBS's or on Packet Radio. Was pre-internet days for most people, and the biggest problem was finding a way to get the WAD files onto a 1.44 floppy before PKZip supported disk-spanning...

Check out this site for a chronological list of some of the more famous mods...

That's awesome, thanks Vehem.

From that link-

"UAC Labs - Eric Harris" - :help: :help: :help:

Worth remembering though that the community as a whole is due credit...

Hear hear! I started not long after that, and I agree. I've been modding another game recently and I'm continually amazed at the stark differences between CivFanatics and the other community. I'd gotten used to the good life. :)

does anyone of you guys have any experience with the Oblivion modding community? I've heard AWFUL things about that and it'd be nice to have some first-hand experience about that...

Not me. Morrowind's was fine, but that game attracted different people. Those who could read and follow directions, perhaps...

/still have trouble believing most players had trouble finding the first contact in Balmora./

eh, they both have their ( huge ) strengths and flaws. Oblivion is indeed more appealing to the casual gamer. but then again, that's the direction the industry is moving towards. which explains why most games nowadays suck. :lol:

[to_xp]Gekko;7675578 said:
does anyone of you guys have any experience with the Oblivion modding community? I've heard AWFUL things about that and it'd be nice to have some first-hand experience about that...

I actually dabbled with it for a day, but never really got into it. I was somewhat surprised to find out that the very first version of a leveling mod that I tinkered with and posted to one site had been mirrored and downloaded a few thousand times when I went back to look at it again last year (Balor Leveling - Vehem Edition - turned out to be buggy with training, failed somewhat at higher character levels and was utterly unsupported after the first couple of days, but it's an interesting look at the power of the internet).

The communities are fairly developed, but quite partisan and far less open than CivFanatics.

From that link-

"UAC Labs - Eric Harris" - :help: :help: :help:

It's the same one I'm afraid - it was a big part of what started the media campaign against "computer games turning children into cold hearted killers". Can't say I ever played the mod, but I think it predated the shootings by a fairly long time and was quite well known for being more graphic than most others.

That's right, I remember all that media BS now.

yeah, "partisan" seems like the perfect term to describe it. for example, there seems to be quite a lot of hate between FCOM "fanboys" and Giskard's Cyrodiil Overhaul...

( what a guy, Giskard. GREAT modder, with a TERRIBLE attitude. :lol: )

I have extensively modded Morrowind, I created a new set of skills - like fletch, butcher, skin, find water etc- and there were a few good lads out there that were indeed friendly and willing to share. Unfortunatelly, I cannot say this for the majority of the modders. Not to mention that very few modders really cared about supporting their creations... And as for the petty quarrels, well, too many...

I hadn't really looked at Fall Further before, but a friend's praise of it made me take a look at the "Scions documentation" thread. Clicking open the spoiler tags, I was floored by the flavor texts. You won't believe the images that writing created in my mind. I was enthralled. Not even anything in basic FfH has had that kind of an effect on me.

And now I'm wondering... there's a fantasy novel I'm trying to nudge a certain person into co-writing with me. Who came up with the Scions, and would they mind if we lifted that civilization more or less straight into the novel in question? I'd like to give those images the respect they deserve, and fleshing them out in writing is the best way I know how. (I'd promise you a free copy of the book in case it ever actually makes it to print, but we'll likely be writing in Finnish. Well, can give somebody a copy anyway, in case they want one regardless.)

Of course, at this point it's still rather speculative whether or not we'll actually get the novel written, let alone published, and the other person hasn't yet seen those descriptions and told me whether or not she likes them... though I'm pretty convinced that she will. So this is more like a "in case we happen to get it written, can we use this" instead of a "when we get it written" -type of request.

Sure.

And the two main works I drew on (rather heavily) were the "Godstalk" series by P.G. Hodgell and "Succession" books by Scott Westerfeld. "Godstalk" is a fantasy classic, IMO, and "Succession" shows that space-opera *can* be smart. A lot of fun, provocative stuff in both.

Sure.

And the two main works I drew on (rather heavily) were the "Godstalk" series by P.G. Hodgell and "Succession" books by Scott Westerfeld. "Godstalk" is a fantasy classic, IMO, and "Succession" shows that space-opera *can* be smart. A lot of fun, provocative stuff in both.

The Succession books were fantastic. I'm still holding out hope for a third...

Huh. I'm not surprised other people have modding experience in the Oblivion community at all. Though I'll say it'd be a massive boon if they operated like Civ Fanatics in the calm/open/assistance departments...

Top Bottom