Fall Further on Hiatus

Is there a quick way to disable ranged combat, a minimod ? for multiplayer's sake. It's too much, right now, the OOSing.

Which, as far as I'm aware, should still work just fine.

Speaking of, just popping in here for a sec or two. Status reports? Still unstable? Still being reworked? I'm curious.

Still being reworked. I am cleaning up a lot of basic Firaxis level code, then going to go through some of Kael's stuff and rework it. Learned a lot about how to write the code smoother/quicker and so I am taking the time now to try and optimize things so that we have more room to play with tricky code that slows the game down while still managing to (ideally) seem faster than other mods.

Good to hear the projects still moving even if in unseen ways.

:) I eagerly await Super Fall Further.

I love this mod, the levels of proffesionalism and creativity are simply astounding. It made me think, do any of you modders get contacted by Firaxis or similar to do contract work or even get offered full time careers?

Are you guys still on Haitus or did the mod die in the Hiatus, perhaps a status update.

Yo, Any new on the Hiatus? I have noticed that lots of activity seems to be going on in Rife forums.. Do you guys also work on that?

RifE is separate from us completely. I offer some suggestions sometimes, and some advice on code, but other than having a bit of access to private information regarding upcoming projects, the FF team has as much access and influence as any normal forum member.

As for our own progress, it still hasn't gotten very far. We may be sliding into full retirement at the current rate, with Civ5 potentially being our death bell.

RifE is separate from us completely.

RifE is a separate mod, yes, but is only as popular as it is because it is based on FF; Without your work, I'd have never gotten started, much less produced RifE. :goodjob:

I offer some suggestions sometimes, and some advice on code, but other than having a bit of access to private information regarding upcoming projects, the FF team has as much access and influence as any normal forum member.

Lies. Any member of the FF team that wants it has Team Forum access to RifE, and honestly, your opinions are highly valued. :lol:

So you have much more influence than a normal forum member, even if not part of the team. ;)

As for our own progress, it still hasn't gotten very far. We may be sliding into full retirement at the current rate, with Civ5 potentially being our death bell.

That would be unfortunate... So many things to look forward to in your plans. :(

If nothing else, you could always work on the Aspects and know that they'd be used by RifE. :lol:

Still being reworked. I am cleaning up a lot of basic Firaxis level code, then going to go through some of Kael's stuff and rework it. Learned a lot about how to write the code smoother/quicker and so I am taking the time now to try and optimize things so that we have more room to play with tricky code that slows the game down while still managing to (ideally) seem faster than other mods.

What Firaxis code are you optimizing? Any specifics or places I can see your current sourcecode?

Mostly it is just making single-entry fields into multiple entry ones, like the free resources you can get from a building and assorted items along those lines. The majority of other optimizations I have attempted profiled out to be a waste of time (though some of them might be worthwhile if applied in EVERY location possible to optimize, but that'd still quite likely not be worth the initial time investment).

Unfortunately that means that the end result might be making things even SLOWER for a net lack of gain, as we may not even use any of the tags for multiple entries anyway once it is all done.

Well xienwolf, for two cents from a total stranger, I absolutely love Fall Further. So even if you stop working on it altogether, you should be proud of what you have accomplished. You have given me and many others many many hours of fun.

Well xienwolf, for two cents from a total stranger, I absolutely love Fall Further. So even if you stop working on it altogether, you should be proud of what you have accomplished. You have given me and many others many many hours of fun.

Strong agree!

To toss in a 3.cent:

The last version of FF was incredibly fun, so even one small patch to fix the biggest bugs (esp. immortal not working and the AI workers beeing crippled by lumber mills) would go a long way. And if you managed to improve the performance in some areas that's even better.

While RifE sports much more features and classic FFH2 has no performance issues on bigger maps, Fall Further offered a very nice compromise between those two.

Supposedly the next version of RifE will address performance issues.

Top Bottom