Fantasy Turnovia NES

From R'leyh,
To Zugurai,

We wisssshhh for peace between our people.

To: R'leyh

The die is cast already. There will be bloodshed. You will be forced from the lands that you have taken from those whom you have enslaved in the levant. This will be a just and honorable fight.

To Mines of Hrisgard (Polyblank)
From R'leyh,

Help us?

Glorious and Eternal Elven Empire (Cadellon)
Race: High Elves
Government: Theocratic Monarchy led by the God-Emperor
Stability: 7
Economy: 9/3
Treasury: 5
Strategic Resources:
Military: 1 Elven Samurai Division(Regular)
Draft Pool: 3 Elven divisions(Green)
Navy: 1 Galley Flotilla(Green)
Mod Notes: 2 JPT is made through slavery. Developing Sun Metal (ETA 1 turns)
Wonders: Imperial Capital
Color/Location:Yellow/Japan

Spending:
-2 to fund expansion in Manchuria and along the yellow river
- 1 to call up 1 elven division IF NEEDED
- 1ep to equip the army with sun metal.
other orders:
-Expand in Manchuria and in the Yellow river.
Those who submit are accepted into the Empire and brought into our protection. Otherwise they die. If they put up a fight bring a draft division
-finish researching sun metal and use it ro equip the soldiers
-create twoo new orders of soldiers:
tiger riders that are shock troops and wizards that will mainly use fire and light magic based on sun metal.

To Mines of Hrisgard (Polyblank)
From R'leyh,

Help us?

To: R'leyh
Our people are threatened by Kobold tribes to the south seeking to plunder us. As such, even if we helped you now we would lie in ruins. We hope that you understand and that you may be patient.

Shurak died and his son Varak tried to be Ka-ha-gar, but didn't last long. Nazakosh killed many sun lizards, and the warband called him their leader. They told him they should seize Karr Mepork by force, but he said: "Orcs have a quicker way to settle this." He called out Varak and fought him, and broke his arms and chased him off into the desert, and then Nazakosh was Ka-ha-gar.

Nazakosh he was Ka-ha-gar in fat and lazy times, with no real threats and lots of food, and many more orcs were made in the time. They all trained as orcs should, but there were few enemies worth fighting. Humans were too weak and cowardly to rebel, and sun lizards were driven too few, so few that Nazakosh said: "We would be out of lizards soon, and that would be a waste of good foes, future slaves and maybe food. Let's give them some more of their lands back and let them breed." He himself ate and bred a lot, having many slaves and concubines live with him and his friends at Karr Mepork, no matter whose turn it was to hold the fort. Enemies called him Ka-ma-pash - the Fattest, and the Lord of the Humans too, but none would remove him because he was still loved and feared by many, and Ka-ha-gar.

Varak he wandered all around, saw lizards and goblins and maybe centaurs too. His arms he healed in a secret mountain lake, and he learned to make weapons out of bronze from a small group of humans he kept safe from animals. Finally he told them to come to Karr Mepork, where they would teach other orcs as well and be his favoured slaves, forever fed and safe.

When Nazakosh heard that Varak returned to the fort, he had his slaves pull him up and arm him, and went out to fight. He had a jaguar hide shield and an obsidian-tipped klanth, and much fat to defend him too. He said to Varak: "So the whipped slave crawls back to become reacquainted with the whip once more." To this Varak did not reply. "You shame your father even more now than before, coming back here for revenge or out of madness like some human, like the slaves you've brought with you!" Nazakosh said. Varak shook his head and answered: "I came back here for another reason. I am the Strongest and you are not; so I must lead the orcs instead."

Nazakosh laughed then, and his laughter made the Easy Valley tremble. "Strongest? I have beaten you like a child. I broke your arms; but this time I'll break your legs as well." Varak shook his head again and said: "You should have killed me, but you did not; that is when you've shown yourself to be the Weakest, Su-ha-gar. You lazed around here like a cat and ignored threats to yourself and Orcdom, while I wandered freely and received the wisdoms fiery A-ka-rat threw at me. I will not let you leave here or give up without a fight, but I will fight you and I will kill you." And then he did. Nazakosh charged him, and might have crushed him, as he was still very strong, even if not the Strongest. But Varak leaped aside, then charged Nazakosh with his long bronze-tipped spear. He broke through him and made him bleed, then pierced his belly, then tore out his eye, while Nazakosh missed attack after attack, cutting ground and air in rage. Finally he came after Varak with his shield, to bash him with all of his strength, but the spear bit through the shield and took his other eye, breaking his will to fight.

Some asked that he be exiled now, but Varak refused and swiftly finished him off instead. All said Varak was truly Ka-ha-gar now, and listened to his instructions. Varak for his part heard out the scouts, and told the blacksmiths to take orcs and humans alike as apprentices. He said: "The time for rest is done." And so it was.

To: Gardu

You attack us remember? We not so fast to live with moo men who try to kill us for no reason! But we stay on our side and you yours, and Waaaagh! against the others!

So I was thinking about taking out strategic resources? I put it in to add a little depth, but it seems it's added more headache than depth for myself and others. I think that ages are good enough to represent relative technology and available resources. Civilizations in this world are large enough to have access to whatever strategic resources they want, and to develop them further would be role play for economic benefit and UU creation would be easier without having to develop resources to go with it (Would just cost money to develop, as if researching a specific technology or something).

Also changing the economic aspect of the NES, with the possibility that your investments actually fail.

Also going to cut down on text, as I find myself wasting a lot of time writing mundane nonsense that can be represented in the stats without writing anything in the update. The update text will mostly be reserved for wonder completion and conflicts.

With these changes, and the fact that some people are obviously dropping out (long-lasting NESes sometime come down to wars of attrition), I could actually update once every other day if people wanted. Thoughts?

To Humans in North Africa
From Vespiqvon

Cease your acts of hostility, or you will be crushed by the Vespiqvon army.

OOC: Faster updates would be pretty cool as long as they don't make you more stressed and drive down the quality.

Morthur(Golden1Knight)
Race: Dwarves
Government: Meritocracy of Clans
Stability: 5
Economy: 7/1
Treasury: 1
Strategic Resources: None Developed
Military: 1 Dwarven Division(Green)
Draft pool: 4 Dwarven Divisions(Green)
Navy: None
Description: The Dwarves of the Andes are a notoriously tough and proud people. However, they do not limit their grumpy lives to the mountains: they are more than able to thrive outside their burrows, although their hearts are always with the Cordillera. They really appreciate stone work, preferring to live in large underground cities. When on the surface, they usually build solid stone houses, and their colonies often appear to be a set of stone blocks. The power is in the hands of the clans, which are headed by the most skilled dwarves. The clans elect a King among them, whose office is lifelong but not hereditary. Every dwarf is a member of a clan, and each clan dominates a certain region. The skills that are most valued by these people include the art of creating, shaping and war.
Mod Notes: Devloping Iron as strategic resource (3/4)
Color/Location: Brown/Andes

Spending

The last Jack in my treasure should be used to finish the Developing of Iron as strategic resourse

Orders

The war will be continued, but this time we will try to bring the enemy in the open field in order to crush them.

So I was thinking about taking out strategic resources?
I was actually looking forward to expanding enough to trade for iron, but if it'll streamline the process, then I'm all for it. But, if we're going to be researching technologies, that might be more paperwork in the long run.

Also changing the economic aspect of the NES, with the possibility that your investments actually fail.
Yeah, I guess that's realistic enough. Random number generator in most cases?

With these changes, and the fact that some people are obviously dropping out (long-lasting NESes sometime come down to wars of attrition), I could actually update once every other day if people wanted. Thoughts?

Maybe. I'd probably be fine with that right now because my orders are usually just the same thing I did last turn with maybe a little variance, but when we get deeper into the game, I might like having a couple days to think about what I'm going to do. I'm sure I could deal with it either way, though.

I was actually looking forward to expanding enough to trade for iron, but if it'll streamline the process, then I'm all for it. But, if we're going to be researching technologies, that might be more paperwork in the long run.

Yeah, I guess that's realistic enough. Random number generator in most cases?

Maybe. I'd probably be fine with that right now because my orders are usually just the same thing I did last turn with maybe a little variance, but when we get deeper into the game, I might like having a couple days to think about what I'm going to do. I'm sure I could deal with it either way, though.

1) Not so much individual techs, so much as the ability to build certain Unique Units. (ANd the ability, as the Regne have done, to allow others to build those units too.)

2) Exactly. Random with modifiers, but always with the slight chance to fail. I've already got an easy to use system in mind that will be fair for everyone.

3) THat's kinda the fun of having a fast paced NES, is that sometimes negotiations may take more than one turn to hammer out, meanwhile the world continues to develop in real time. It was a suggestion, anyways. NESes used to be updated DAILY, and I felt that those NESes were hella fun. I guess nobody gets excited about NESes anymore, like they used to? I can understand this, considering the snail's pace you guys have gotten used to, though.

I think at least for now, while orders and diplomacy are rather simple, and updates can be streamlined it would be beneficial to go at a faster rate than what we have been. But as I always say, this is your NES. I just mod. If no one wants to go at a faster pace, then we'll keep our current schedule of Wednesdays and Sundays.

I'm willing to give faster pacing a try. If it doesn't work out, well, we can always slow down.

I would like to see a faster pace, even if that means updating daily.

So I was thinking about taking out strategic resources? I put it in to add a little depth, but it seems it's added more headache than depth for myself and others. I think that ages are good enough to represent relative technology and available resources. Civilizations in this world are large enough to have access to whatever strategic resources they want, and to develop them further would be role play for economic benefit and UU creation would be easier without having to develop resources to go with it (Would just cost money to develop, as if researching a specific technology or something).

Also going to cut down on text, as I find myself wasting a lot of time writing mundane nonsense that can be represented in the stats without writing anything in the update. The update text will mostly be reserved for wonder completion and conflicts.

I'm fine with dropping the strategic resources but I still do think it would be nice to still have a way to "customize" each civilization in the stats .
Changes to investments seem good, it might make it more interesting.
Two days per update seems a bit short. I would prefer sticking to the old schedule as two days is a bit short for diplomacy and story writing. But for now as there is not much happenning yet I am willing to try out quicker updates

OOC: I forgot to put in my orders to spend 2 Jack on the creation of my new UUs

Spoiler :
Vespiqvon (mrrandomplayer)
Race: Beefolk
Government: Confederation
Economy: 5/3
Treasury: 0
Military: 1 Regular Beemen Division(Untrained), 1 Sky Beemen Division(Untrained)
Draft Pool: 4 Regular Beemen Divisions(Green)
Navy: 1 Galley Flotilla
Description: The Beefolk, human-sized, sentient, bee-like humanoids have lived in large, urbanized hives for many centuries, ruled by queen bees. Beefolk can fly for short distances and have stingers (but they don't die when they sting people). Recently, many hives were united into a confederation by Grand Queen Bzzst I, where all of the hive queens vote on national policy in a council and are ruled by the Grand Queen.
Mod Notes:
Wonders: Wzzst Hive [3/5]
Color/Location: Orange/Italy

Spending: 2 Jack on finishing the Wzzst Hive and 3 Jack on Upkeep.
Orders: Continue expanding in Africa, away from the hostile humans. If they do not cease their hostilities, send in the Vespiqvon armies (with additional recruits from the draft pool as necessary) and crush them.

Just give me strill riders you son of a b*tch. And yeah I'm excited for this.

Spoiler :
Euryale (Defacto)
Race: Gorgon
Government: Theocratic Monarchy
Economy: 4/2
Treasury: 2
Military: 1 Gorgon Division(Untrained)
Draft Pool: 2 Gorgon Division(Green)
Navy: Sunked by Testonica
Description: The Gorgon is a serpent creature. The lower half of her body is snake while its upper half resembles a female body of a humanoid. Instead of hair, the gorgons have snakes in their head. These snakes are not equal in all gorgons. - for example, a gorgon who has scarlet snakes instead of "normal snakes" is considered more beautiful. They are mono-gendered race and despite the feminine appearance, there is no differentiation between male and female. Nevertheless, they prefer the term "she" just as the features of their faces resemble a woman.
Mod Notes:
Color/Location: Purple/Greece

Spending
2 Jacks in a "project" in which we are moving families of danger zones (borders) to the inside of our territory. We do not want gorgons who can't serve in the army suffering from the war. In short, we will be sending scouts to those villages and requesting the urgent evacuation.

Orders
We will try to recover our lost territory. Shortly after we will attempt to expand on their territory - "spare the females and their puppies, the male humanoids must die."

Top Bottom