Favorite Settings

I generally have a large army nowadays, and the early units are it's promoted core.

Of course with Limited XP you build the XP producing buildings in every city eventually. If you don't your border cities Must have the harden units. Which means they have to travel the length of your empire to the frontier in some cases. Otherwise those young cities will have the weaker defenders. I really like balanced cities but early game those are your 1st 3 cities and they also end up serving as the Mil producing cities too. Not that I necessarily want them to be but that's how the mod forces me to play.

JosEPh

I generally have a large army nowadays, and the early units are it's promoted core.

Of course with Limited XP you build the XP producing buildings in every city eventually. If you don't your border cities Must have the harden units. Which means they have to travel the length of your empire to the frontier in some cases. Otherwise those young cities will have the weaker defenders. I really like balanced cities but early game those are your 1st 3 cities and they also end up serving as the Mil producing cities too. Not that I necessarily want them to be but that's how the mod forces me to play.

JosEPh

It certainly does because you need enormous populations (ie 6 and above) to build some basic military buildings and 13 or above to build national and great military wonders. This means you have to build them in your early cities before someone else does.

Quick question - I know a long while ago the AI couldn't handle Great Commanders, so I was wondering if the AI can use them effectively now (i.e. puts them in attacking stacks, makes use of their bonuses, etc.)?

Quick question - I know a long while ago the AI couldn't handle Great Commanders, so I was wondering if the AI can use them effectively now (i.e. puts them in attacking stacks, makes use of their bonuses, etc.)?

The AI did get some help with that last cycle, so it should use Great Commanders better now.

Another quick question - what exactly does the 'Minimize AI Turn Time' option do? In particular, if selected, does it impact AI performance as well, or just the speed that turns take?

No better AI, it

just lowers the time the little guy is running around between your turns on behalf of your ability to do anything else than to watch him run.

Btw check out this 6 inch large 'human' that was found in chile and lived up to the age of 6 years in sometime in the last 100 years^^

Just saying, little man running around :D

Spoiler :

Another quick question - what exactly does the 'Minimize AI Turn Time' option do? In particular, if selected, does it impact AI performance as well, or just the speed that turns take?
It suppresses the waiting for graphic display during AI turns by doing more or less everything in one time slice (note: not a good idea if you intend to play simultaneous multiplayer).
So it does not impact how well the AI performs.

No, all it does is force the engine to not show animations during the end-turn, which saves considerable amounts of time. It doesn't impact the AI in any way.

Months ago i've read here that Surround & Destroy and Great Generals were still not recommended because of the AI not be able to use them properly, is that still true nowadays? And anre there some other (also new) options not recommended for an efficient AI?

Months ago i've read here that Surround & Destroy and Great Generals were still not recommended because of the AI not be able to use them properly, is that still true nowadays? And anre there some other (also new) options not recommended for an efficient AI?

The ai is better with great generals now (though not great admittedly), but still does not yet understand surround and destroy.

Was fiddling around in WB and found a whole lot more options in there than when you start a game. Some are self explanatory but some I have no clue what they do. Finding an in-depth explanation of them has been rather difficult. Some help would be appreciated.

Was fiddling around in WB and found a whole lot more options in there than when you start a game. Some are self explanatory but some I have no clue what they do. Finding an in-depth explanation of them has been rather difficult. Some help would be appreciated.

Most of those are hidden because they either aren't appropriate for C2C or because they are developer/advanced user options that normal players don't want to use.

If your have never tried tectonics with the 30% water n option as a map generator for your games, give it a try, its rather good and my current fav map style to play on.

I usually play it like a sandbox game with all the victory conditions turned off though i am starting to enjoy the whole concept of the Mastery Victory Condition.

I'm just about to start a new C2C game and wonder if it's better to leave 'No technology trading/brokering' on or turn it off. From a balance and AI effectivness - what's the pros and cons on leaving both on ?
In Realism Invictus I was mostly using only 'No technology brokering' option set to on.

I'm just about to start a new C2C game and wonder if it's better to leave 'No technology trading/brokering' on or turn it off. From a balance and AI effectivness - what's the pros and cons on leaving both on ?
In Realism Invictus I was mostly using only 'No technology brokering' option set to on.

I always ALWAYS have both no tech trading and no tech brokering set to on. It cuts out all the annoying proposals from leaders clamoring for your techs. Also makes research more rewarding to me, since you have to do it the ol' fashioned way rather than buy your way up the tech tree. Anyways, I believe there's options to toggle them in the BUG menu if you change your mind mid-game.

Eventually I started a new game with Tech Brokering to OFF and Tech Trading to ON. Hope it's still fine as for the game balance in general.

Top Bottom