FiRe! - Fall into Revolution

Ok, my programming skills are like...level 1. I change Cartography (meant that when I wrote Exploration) that is in green into what?

"SAM - Settled barb civ %s now has Cartography"

becomes

"SAM - Settled barb civ %s now has Cartography, Writing"

?

Ok, my programming skills are like...level 1. I change Cartography (meant that when I wrote Exploration) that is in green into what?

You didn't make your changes at the right spot. To get what you really wanted you will have to change this line ...

Code:
		if( gc.getTechInfo(iTechType).isOpenBordersTrading() or gc.getTechInfo(iTechType).isTechTrading() ) :

... to ...

Code:
		if gc.getTechInfo(iTechType).isOpenBordersTrading() and teamI.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString("TECH_WRITING")) \
		or iTechType == gc.getInfoTypeForString("TECH_WRITING") and teamI.isOpenBordersTrading() \
		or gc.getTechInfo(iTechType).isTechTrading():

In plain English this means: If you discover Cartography and you already have Writing or if you discover Writing and you already have Cartography or if you discover Trade you'll lose you minor civ status.

Hmm... Looks like you'll be able to make breakaway civs Minor Leaders of the same civ now, rather than some completely random civ, thanks to FfH .40 :D

:D:D:D Can't wait!!

Also, you could create some generic leaders that could run any empire except Infernal/Mercurian.

I would think that this mod is going to require a little more help from those out there that can actually do the coding. I say this because I've notice many a Civ player out there must have some powerful machines because they are all playing on huge maps with 15-18 races. (I have an older HP desktop replacement laptop w/XP and I have to keep to standard with only 6-8 Civs).

My point is if many folks out there are playing with lots of races, there are fewer races the AI can 'expand' to when rebels and the like.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I think what might work would be a class of leaders of all factions that would be mostly the opposite of the current leader. As I've posted before, Alexis is Agg/Phi so a potential rebel leader might be Chm/Ind to represent a charismatic leader of the human working class that rises up to do a 'French Revolution' and inverts the normal order. (One could quibble that now a Vampire Lord is more of a Vampire Gladiator and the Manor is a Vampire Cage)

Again I think it's important for these sort of 'anti' leaders because there are lots of times when the AI changes leaders of a faction but really, what is Flauros going to do that much different than Alexis? Or the AI could be set up to change leaders among the 'main' leaders of a faction and if that doesn't fix things, the next rebellion would the 'anti-leader'.

Of course I've always felt the screwy thing about this mod (due to the mechanics) is that the cities farthest away (and usually closer to another Civ) are good to go because they're small and can't generate many :mad: and it's the mature cities that go nuts even when you'd expect them to do better because they have more stuff. I mean I'd think that if you build too fast, a rival (like Flauros to Alexis) might use that opportunity to rally disaffected cities in the outer part of a kingdom to put him on the throne.

Guys, I have some bitter news for you. I'll stop any further developement of FiRe!. The next version will be the last one (change log in the first post). It won't be compatible with 0.40 either. I'm very sorry.

I'm pretty buisy with real life stuff at the moment and the few time I have for modding I want to spend on Fall Further (maybe you know that Vehem asked me to join the team some weeks ago and I gladly took the offer).

I hate to abandon an unfinished project, but I can't do everything at once. My nights are short already on a regular basis. But don't worry, I'm working on bringing FiRe! to Fall Further step by step. This time it won't be "just" a merge. We want to tailor it to our specific needs and skip parts we don't really want. This means, that I face a major rewrite and it'll take some time till everything we want is in. I'm almost done with the Dynamic Civ Names for Fall Further. I know, it's not the most important feature, but it's a start.

The suggestions from this thread won't be forgotten. TheJopa's list of state names was already a big help again. And Arkham, I promise to keep an eye on speed. Doing less things in Python for example. The new dynamic names component is almost completey done in C++ and XML for example.

Guys, I have some bitter news for you. I'll stop any further development of FiRe!. The next version will be the last one (change log in the first post). It won't be compatible with 0.40 either. I'm very sorry.

Any chance some of this mod might make it into FF? I would think (not being a coder myself) that the part of this mod that would allow Barb cities to mature into Civ's would be semi-easy to put in. Since this function is what I've always wanted, I'm crossing my fingers.

Plus, it seems to me that many of the FF races (like the Dural and the Kahdi) would make better split-off Civ's than starting Civs.

Any chance some of this mod might make it into FF? I would think (not being a coder myself) that the part of this mod that would allow Barb cities to mature into Civ's would be semi-easy to put in. Since this function is what I've always wanted, I'm crossing my fingers.

Plus, it seems to me that many of the FF races (like the Dural and the Kahdi) would make better split-off Civ's than starting Civs.

Barb cities becoming real civs will be one of the first features I'm going to adapt after I'm done with the state names. Revolution itself will be the last feature.

Although it means we won't be able to play with cool mechanics soon, it IS a good news, FF with Revolutions would be awesome!
Good luck!

I think, considerering the fact that most civs are human, something should be done to avoid ocs turning into the Elohim or Hippus. Maybe the barbarians that build cities should be humans like the doviello and just the spawing barbarians could be orcs?

I think, considerering the fact that most civs are human, something should be done to avoid ocs turning into the Elohim or Hippus. Maybe the barbarians that build cities should be humans like the doviello and just the spawing barbarians could be orcs?

One could argue that the 'orcs' just represent a generic barbarian of any race. I'm sure during the Age of Winter there were bands of dwarves, elves and humans that got cut off and regressed to a barbaric state.

Sure it would be great to have a random barbarian generator which could spawn different barbarians (same unit, just different race) but maybe the Powers That Be(tm) don't think it's worth the hassle. :p

This all sounds great, but we should walk before we run.

I would like to see the mechanics for the revolution functioning first, then look at tunning it for the nice features that are more aligned to the world.

Great merge, hope revolution gets merged into the Main FFH2 game :)!
Yeah, but only as a custom option. Otherwise it'd be difficult for new players to grasp straight off the bat.

Also, I cant see this working currently. As it stands, there are only a certain number of leaders, and as you have it, its a drastic revolution if the Sidar suddenly stop being shades and become Grigori. It'd make more sense if a second Sidar leader would step in.

Notque released a bunch of minor leaders (and he's still coding them), and it'd make sense for alot of situations. Like above, Sidar dont really mesh with the Grigori. Just like with the Illians, I dont see the group adopting a whole new culture and becoming Doviello instead of Illian, I see a second Illian leader taking hold. The only problem is that notque's leaders are .40, and the mod is .34. Really, it could happen in some cases (Bannor to Malakim, Luchiurp to Khazad, Ljos to Svart, ect.) but for alot of cases, a second or third leader may be required to maintain the "We're still Amurite, we're just a theocratic/militant/pacificstic/arcane/idiotic sect"

The best part is that the leaders that notque has coded are minor leaders. as such, it would be rather fitting for a minor empire to have a minor leader of the same civ, no? That way, as the player is playing a major leader, say, Dain the Casswallan, and Tyra Kir (the minor leader for the Amurites) leads a revolution, I think it would be a rather epic switch. Just like with the Illians, Auric Ulvin could have to stomp down Rurios from taking his cities so he can complete The Draw and then preform the Ascension.

Now, I tried adding leaders, into the mod, but I kept getting XML errors that dealt with pedia entries and such. So perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I love the concept of this mod. Its just the lack of leaders makes it seem a bit... less flavorful. Perhaps thats because I play 18 Civs on a 240x176 map, but that doesnt change the fact that seeing one civ with radically different cultural beliefs just revolt out of your civ.

Top Bottom