Firetuner from Civ 5 seems to work for Civ 6

notque

Artificially Intelligent
The panels to load once you are in game are in the debug folder.

Autoplay works, but it crashes for me after so many turns. Need to sort out why.

Still going through the other ones.

You're testing the LTP from the Civ6 debug folder ?

there is a Civ6TunerPlugin.dll in that folder, no idea if it can be used with it.

Yeah, lots of them work. Some of them, I don't quite understand how to use. Making progress though.

The unit animations one is fun. I'm making guys dance, rotating them. A settler is 4 individual items, an armored guy, 2 back packers, and a donkey.

I think I figured out why the autoplay was crashing. Testing my theory now

I think I'm right! woohoo.

Streaming an AI vs. AI match on twitch, because reasons!

I think I figured out why the autoplay was crashing. Testing my theory now

I think I'm right! woohoo.

Streaming an AI vs. AI match on twitch, because reasons!
Have you had any luck getting any of the unit ploppers to work, or even just the Unit panel? It doesn't seem to populate, even if you select a unit in game :/

Have you had any luck getting any of the unit ploppers to work, or even just the Unit panel? It doesn't seem to populate, even if you select a unit in game :/

I have gotten many of the things to work. will try that after this ai vs. ai game

I too have gotten Firetuner v 1.0.4206.18846 to work with Civ6. You have to load each panel independently from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Debug and as mentioned above, some of them don't work.

What works:
Player (fully functional as far as I can tell).
Unit UI (what notque was referring to when he said "unit animations". Not very useful unless debugging mods, etc)
Leader (fully functional as far as I can tell).

What doesn't:
Unit (As Ataru mentioned, it doesn't even populate).
City (same as Unit - doesn't populate)

I've tested a few others and they mostly work, but they aren't interesting to me. I'm mostly interested in Unit and City.

Like Gedemon said, I bet that dll has something to do with the functionality. There's also a default panel XML file that must be usable somehow. It appears to just load some key panels like what is loaded for Civ 5 when the tuner is first launched.

Hopefully someone with more understanding about LUA and the tuner can answer these questions.

My intention is to take the lua from Unit AI, and try to fit it into the panel for Unit, and get it to work.

I concur with McKenning on which panels work. It would be nice if I could get the city or plopper to work. The most useful panel is the Player.

If anyone is able to get these to work, please post details here.

Did anyone get the map reveal to work? I got it to autoplay, but I can't actually see anything. The map tab 'reveal all' and 'explore all' dont seem to do much,

Hi gyogen2! Can you elaborate on what you need to do to change CompatibleStates and where to read the one in the tuner that we should match to?

Hi gyogen2! Can you elaborate on what you need to do to change CompatibleStates and where to read the one in the tuner that we should match to?

The files are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Debug
Open w/ editor such as notepad++
Change the string under <CompatibleStates> and loadstate if applicable

Spoiler Examp :
<CompatibleStates>
<string>GameCore_Tuner</string>
</CompatibleStates>

in firetuner, if you click the dropdown while in lua console, you can see all available states
I just assumed which ones to match.

Last edited:
This is insightful because the default entry in the lua files are "TunerCityPanel" and "TunerUnitPanel" which don't seem to exist. The GameCore_Tuner state doesn't work (I'm guessing) because of functionality that is added to the other states. These states must be part of new dll, which probably won't load until the official tuner is released. Thanks for that, guogen2.

After decompiling the Plugin, its not very interesting. Basically exposes some global settings like graphics and audio. Probably not what most people want to tweak right now.

I've written my own versions of Units and City and have come to the conclusion that Tuner is useless to anyone trying to make raw changes (ie changes not possible via user interface, like instant heal) to Units or Cities. (BTW, I use "InGame" context for most things right now) I still use it to monitor my civ and created some quick navigation buttons but not really made for making changes at this time. Basically any functions which would modify either things directly apparently disabled and cannot be called from the tuner. I notice that some functions are used in lua scripts in the tutorial so perhaps they can still be called just not from the tuner.

The tuner is still useful for some things. I was going to see if I can create/modify the worldbuilder tuner and use it to tweak maps. Its really hard to find player starting positions for instance and there is no way to create rivers from what I can tell. Also some natural wonder placement seems very touchy and mostly doesn't work but I wonder if it would via tuner scripts.

Regarding revealing all plots I used the following on an action button on modified "Player" screen using InGame context. Seems like this is faster than the other button. The script expects g_TunerSelectedPlayer to by a selector control. You can use 0 instead if you want just for the player.
Spoiler :
Code:
local pPlayer = Players[g_TunerSelectedPlayer]
local pCurPlayerVisibility = PlayersVisibility[pPlayer:GetID()];
if(pCurPlayerVisibility ~= nil) then
   pCurPlayerVisibility:RevealAllPlots();
end
Also you want to use Locale.Lookup() a lot to get the friendly name of items in the list rather than the IDs.

Edit: Additionally "Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\Tuner" has a number of lua scripts which the screen seem to need. I created a button call Init on the screens and paste these into that button and run it when trying to get them to work. Guessing next version or the dll will help load this. (Is there a way to load loose lua files from lua on init of the panel otherwise?)

Last edited:
After decompiling the Plugin, its not very interesting. Basically exposes some global settings like graphics and audio. Probably not what most people want to tweak right now.

I've written my own versions of Units and City and have come to the conclusion that Tuner is useless to anyone trying to make raw changes (ie changes not possible via user interface, like instant heal) to Units or Cities. (BTW, I use "InGame" context for most things right now) I still use it to monitor my civ and created some quick navigation buttons but not really made for making changes at this time. Basically any functions which would modify either things directly apparently disabled and cannot be called from the tuner. I notice that some functions are used in lua scripts in the tutorial so perhaps they can still be called just not from the tuner.

Did you get the to see the buildings in cities in the City view? If so, mind sharing how to get that to work?

I can though I removed buildings in the version I was building for myself since I was interested in build queues states more than the already built themselves.

The main issue with some of these screens is that the pCityBuildQueue functions don't work as expected. I think maybe they changed the functions after they built these screens or I have the wrong context selected or something. Maybe they disabled some functions because they can be used to cheat (though isn't that accepted as part of using the tuner and why achievements are disabled).

I'll spend some time cleaning up some of the screens and release what I have in an as-is state in case it helps anyone. Don't expect that they will work much better but they at least won't show 20 errors on startup and marginally work if only for display. I found the Tuner to not be very powerful so sidelined some of that investigation for later.

Edit: Attached my testing screens. Also I did find that context matters very much. InGame context cannot change units but the GameCore_Tuner context can. InGame can focus the map using Map but GameCore_Tuner cannot.

If you want to use the worldbuilder stuff, TZ Mod has a simple button to help.

Attachments

• Civ6_TZ_Tuner5_Debug_v1.7z
    20.7 KB · Views: 527
Last edited:
Top Bottom