First Science goal

Once we have a capital, what shall we research?

• A) Monarchy

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • A) Philosophy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A) Iron Working (Legions)

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • A) Republic

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • B) Pottery (Hanging Gardens)

• B) Masonry (Pyramids;Great Wall; walls)

• B) Writing (Diplomats)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • B) Warrior Code (Archers)

• B) Horseback Riding

• I have a different idea...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leowind

Emperor
Okay, I know there are some inquisitive minds among those 20,000 swarming primitives. To what end shall we direct their inquiries? All ideas suggested in the "Straight to Monarchy" thread are included here, plus any additional I may think of in the process :D

Three parts A) vote for our first tech goal; B) vote for the individual tech you would want should something in the path to our goal not be available. Should that tech be taken and we need another, we'll just take the next down the list. Make sense?

Note: The poll is not a multi-poll, so you can only select one item to vote on. Pick the best option for now.....

First off, 2 things..
What about Bronze working, shouldn't that be in part B?
And aren't the radio buttons supposed to be those checkbox kinda things, so you can choose 1 in each catagory?

Well anyways, i choose Republic..
I kinda like an early republic because of the nice amount of trade it gives, and it's rather challenging imo..

The individual tech would be either pottery or bronzeworking, depending on the situation (good spot for ssc -> take bronze working for colossus, otherwise go for pottery for hanging gardens)

If alphabet is chosen as first alternate tech, then i'd go for writing (as it leads to republic)

Well anyways, that's just me..

Woops, my bad.. didn't see DoMs' post with the starting info..
So that leaves Pottery for part B

I voted Republic - for a bit of a change, maybe a challenge?;)

I would go for B) Pottery and C)Writing

I believe that the crown should come before the conferance room! The republic, although challenging could damage early expansion in the game and make it more difficult to raise the necessary production. Once the ground work is in place then republic would be nice. Monarchy and Pottery should be the key points. An early Hanging Gardens is most beneficial.

What about trade? I would suggest trade after the above suggestions, followed by republic. With trade we can build Marco Polos, trade with all civs, reduce science time with key civ gifting and reveal massive portions of the map!!

Monarchy, with the extra tech Bronze, then Trade, then Hanging Gardens, as I explained in the earlier thread.

Leowind, this is a fine poll, don't worry. Next time you'll get it. I would always check the odd little boxes first, Multiple, Expire, before I got lost in thought on the poll itself. And if you Update Options or something, it forgets so we must remember to recheck the odd little boxes. My 0.02.

I agree we should go Monarchy, Pottery, Trade. This is a beneficial queue for our nation. Let us use it. ;)

I love militaries. I should have voted for Monarchy but silly me voted Iron Working! :crazyeye:

DoM: Vote changed

Originally posted by Zelig
However, if the game is saved in 2.42 this would be unnessecary because we can go straight for whatever tech without any detours.

Yes, it is 2.42, but I believe even 2.42 has the 'hidden tech' aspect. Only if the game is saved as a scenario does it allow direct techs. The last game was also in 2.42 and I believe it also had 'hidden techs'.

Monarchy is my goal ;
write, trade and pottery is my way.

Originally posted by GaryNemo
Leowind, this is a fine poll, don't worry. Next time you'll get it. I would always check the odd little boxes first, Multiple, Expire, before I got lost in thought on the poll itself. And if you Update Options or something, it forgets so we must remember to recheck the odd little boxes. My 0.02.
I distinctly remember clicking the multiple choices box, so I dont' know what went wrong. Then again, I was working very late and was getting pretty sleepy :need a yawn smiley here: :)

Originally posted by Duke of Marlbrough
Open a new poll if you like. :)
I thought of that, but there really isn't time for everyone to vote again, so I figured this flawed poll would be better than an incomplete one.

Also, I tried to clean up the poll since we started with Alphabet as well.

Top Bottom