Frederick II of Prussia leaderhead (3d-era-anim)

There's not much "distant future" about CivArmy's work habits, I wouldn't worry!

On losing the "n" in German names, might one reason for that be the fact that English is from the Low German linguistic family? I do notice the Dutch speaking people around here (Flanders) tend to drop the "n"s off the ends a lot of their words, even though the spelling clearly indicates them. For instance, "Mechelen" is often pronounced "Mechel-uh" (and pronounce that "uh" like an American, eh ;)). This is only speculation, but perhaps that's why us silly Anglophones say "Hesse" instead of the High German "Hessen"??? (By looking at my dialect map, folk in Hessen speak Rheinfränkisch, a Western Middle German dialect. Kassel seems to be at the lower limit of Low German, and, apparently, Middle German is considered Hochdeutsch. Plus, the best standard German is spoken in and around Hameln and Frankenberg, so my guess is that Hessians don't drop their "n"s! :))

Corn Shucker said:
By someday do you mean someday soon, or someday in the distant future? :)

Well, I have maybe 8 civilization to be done first, the Mod of Brazil (states and regions of Brazil like real civis) and maybe after this I can do the pack ;) I don't know how many time ecxactly. BTW, I'll finish my creations to Civ3 when I start do creations to Civ4, so, I have a lot of time to create more to Civ3, including the Prussian units pack :)

After have read the comments and have seen the pics, I choice Jäger as the Prussian UU and I'm doing the unit. Maybe we could call this unit Schützen, since I didn't see this unit yet and my unit could look like a Schützen :) If someone would like to suggest another name for this same unit, please, tell me.

Icon

Death

Victory

Attack

Fortify

Run

I hope u enjoy :)

Dan my friend... I ALWAYS enjoy your creations! Looking forward to that Schütze/Jäger!

Aluminium said:
wow, that is a nice generic 18c shooter too.

Could you make the attack animation without smoke? Because i can the smoke easy include afterwards. I could also do the palette if you want. :)

U mean I do the storyboard and u add the smoke and ake the pellete? Cool!
Friends, when I have the other animations I post for comments ;)

Aluminium said:
Sure. Smoke and palette.

:wow: We're gonna get a unit done by two of the best unit creators in CFC!!!
This is gonna be good! :goodjob:

Just one thing, though... He REALLY looks like Napoleon!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aluminium said:
Sure. Smoke and palette.

cool! :goodjob:

HolyEmperor said:
We're gonna get a unit done by two of the best unit creators in CFC!!!
This is gonna be good!

thanks man! :)

@all: in the unit post u can check the death and victory animation, now I have to sleep :sleep:

This is very promising work, CivArmy! :goodjob: However I have some suggestions:

About the LH:
Overall quite good :) . If you decide to do still something about his face, maybe his eyes could be bigger and his nose a little bit more prominent.

Ancient era looks really good. I like the hair, and it's a quite good generic Germanic tribal leader.
Medieval: This looks nice too, but what do you think of the idea of having him dressed as a Teutonic knight? IMHO that would look cool, and it's historically correct BTW as the Teutonic Order ruled over Prussia during the middle ages.
Industrial: Looks quite much like him. So the hair cannot be changed to white? That's a pity. Otherwise very good. Maybe the colour of the uniform and the hat could be darker? Just nit-picking, though.
Modern: Now comes the serious issue. To be honest, I don't like the modern era very much. The uniform is nice, but I don't like that Der Führer look he has. Is he supposed to represent Hitler? IMHO that's no good idea. And what's the background supposed to be?

About the UU:
Wow, very well done! :goodjob: An excellent unit. The choice of Jäger as UU is IMHO also quite good.

About the cities:
This is my suggestion for a city list. I concentrated on the Prussian mainlands of Prussia and Brandenburg, and took only major cities from the areas they annexed later. I also think Berlin should be the capitol.

Berlin
Königsberg
Potsdam
Breslau
Cologne
Danzig
Hannover
Brandenburg
Posen
Stettin
Thorn
Braunschweig
Elbing
Kassel
Dortmund
Memel
Wiesbaden
Münster
Kiel
Magdeburg
Greifswald
Erfurt
Flensburg
Bonn
Halle
Tilsit
Frankfurt
Oppeln
Stralsund
Torgau
Wittenberg
Hamm
Troppau
Swinemünde
Liegnitz
Kulm
Braunsberg
Goldap
Glogau
Allenstein
Halberstadt
Osterode
Küstrin
Wittenberge
Marienburg
Kolberg
Gumbinnen
Schönhausen
Marienwerder
Köslin
Schwedt
Rügenwalde
Glatz
Prenzlau
Cosel

As to comment on that confusing Hesse/Hessen issue: The Hessian dialect is notorious for leaving out the final n, so they themselves will pronounce the German word Hessen as 'Hesse'. :)

Finally a rather funny fact: :)

Here you can see Frederick the Great depicted on a bottle of Rex Pils, a beer from Potsdam :beer:

Aion, thanks for having enjoyed the LH, but the artworks were already export, r in the CFC server and I'm just waiting Thunderfall give me the links to post here to people download. So, I can't do changes right now. In this first act people can download just the *.flc files, the other ones (unit, *.pcx, texts...) r not ready yet.
Other posters alerted about the modern era is looking like Hitler, but it was not my wish, I'd like him looks like this reference

The hair and the uniform of IIWW make him a resemble Hitler. The background of this era the new Parlament and a modern building as that ones that r (were) under construction in Berlin :)

Oh, I thought you were still in the preview period :blush: Anyway, I like it already now. The other eras are very nice, I just don't like the modern one. The idea of using that reference was quite good, but it's mainly the hair that makes him look like Hitler. And maybe his angry expression, but that will look different when animated.

I think the UU is coming along nicely. I guess since this is probly the best fit for the UU i wont complain :D lol

I do think that he's a little stiff while falling in the death flc... mabey its just me? (im just saying what i think again, it would be absolutely fine w/o any changes to the death flc)

Corn Shucker said:
I think the UU is coming along nicely. I guess since this is probly the best fit for the UU i wont complain :D lol

I do think that he's a little stiff while falling in the death flc... mabey its just me? (im just saying what i think again, it would be absolutely fine w/o any changes to the death flc)

If I use a faster speed for this animation the problem could be solved, I do that in game.

Top Bottom