Front Page News

That writeup on the CFC home page is very good. It will doubtless send more citizens our way! Good job DoM & Kev....

I asked TF to post a blurb on the main site page about our game. He said he would post a brief message for us. :)

Since Kev has taken the game so far, I asked him to write something up. Below is what I sent to TF. (sorry to have to edit it so much Kev, but he wanted it to be rather brief. ;))

The first Civ2 Democracy Game was a great success.

In 4000 BC United Fanatica began with the small village of Olympia. A government was created to oversee different aspects of our new society with the president being the one to put things into action. Over the years, as we colonized our small island and began to explore the world about us, we discovered other civilizations. Our nation grew, and it was soon time for war; for United Fanatica would always need to expand.

The conquest began slowly, but each victory made our nation stronger. Along with the taking of cities, we continued to grow in population as well as expand our nation's knowledge. In the end, United Fanatica was the first (and only) civilization to develop space travel. We decided to settle a distant world near the star of Alpha Centauri and sent 40,000 Fanatics to settle there.

In 1907, with a score of 4,213 (421%) and a rating of Mr. President the Magnificent!, the first ever Civ 2 Democracy game was won. Share in the victory and take a look at the saved game.

We are now putting together a second Civ2 Game of Democracy. If you are interested in joining the newest Civ2 Democracy Game, you can start by visiting here. You, along with everyone else, will be able to shape how the game is played. All experience levels are welcome.

Hope to see you there.

Well this forum has to be archived and a new on started and I think we will wait some days for more people to have a chance to join and vote on what kind of game to play. Then it shouldn't be long before we start having elections for president and ministers and then we're off!

Top Bottom