Game crashes when William makes demand

Marzipan

Warlord
In 590 AD William makes a demand for horses. Immediately after the diplomacy screen comes up, poof! the game crashes completely and I'm back to the desktop. I went back and replayed the turn before this and pillaged my only connection to horses to see if I could get past this turn, but alas William demanded 23 gold instead and the game still crashed. So it looks like because of whatever this bug is I won't be able to finish my first game of Conquests. When is the first patch coming out "Atari"? Anyone have this problem and know of a way around it?

If you don't post your save, it is not likely to get fixed. (This was the first thing they told us in beta testing).

You can use the File Upload. Read the announcement. ;)

Here's an update about this: yesterday I discovered that I have had a bad spot in RAM for about 6 months, that may have been responsible for this crash if it can't be duplicated on other machines.

Try that save again and see if you can duplicate it.

I know it's a bit late, but just in case.. I loaded the savegame and got past William's demand without problems. I tried both accepting and rejecting his demand, and neither caused a crash.

So I think you should probably reinstall Civ3 and C3C from scratch, if it wasn't the RAM block giving you trouble :)

Top Bottom