Game of Thrones / ASOIAF Mod (v 0.1)

Hello everyone,

Now that my exams are over I'm considering taking over the project. I don't know anything about modding, XML or anything like that, and my programming skills are limited (only some caml and a little bit of java, not even C or C++). That was the reason why I couldn't help TheBeast with more than advices when he made the scenario and the mod. But I think that by learning some of the basics and by borrowing a lot from other mods (copy pasting the concepts and changing the specifics, of course crediting them for their work) I can go a long way.

I think there are two main problems for an ASOIAF mod for CIV : first, doing a mod this big is a tough job, and there are not many people who can do it by themselves (more credit to them). TheBeast was mostly by himself, and I tried to give him my impression on his work but in the end I think it was too big a project for him ; he hasn't logged in since January 2013. Comrade Yeshi tried to take over the Scenario/Mod last fall, but in a similar way he hasn't been on the forum since last January.
That's why I don't think I can do this without help from other members of the community ; if they can help with the modding we can share the workload which would be great, if not they can at least give their opinion so I can have someone to discuss my ideas with.

The second problem is about technology. The game of Civilization is based on civs acquiring new technologies in order to defeat their rivals. The core of the game is cities, units and research. But in the time of the war of the 5 kings (which is, IMO, a good choice for a scenario/Mod) there is no technological advance, no superior unit that you could unlock. Actually things are far worse at the end of ADWD than they were at the beginning of AGOT because armies have been decimated (most armies are now composed of green boys and old men, as is seen in the northern war's description) so arguably units should be worse, not better than the ones available at the start of the war, and because winter is coming (and because of the wars) the land should be less, not more fertile than when Ned rode south. The realms are less stable as well, so I don't consider that unlocking civics with technology would make any sense.

If anyone has any idea about how to incorporate research into an ASOIAF mod, in any way, to represent anything related or unrelated to technological advance, please give me your idea. That is where TheBeast stopped working on the mod, and my intuition tells me that this issue is part of what made him quit.

I'm posting this on both the mod and the scenario's page. I intend to redo the map as soon as I have time, because whatever happens I really look forward to making it even better than TheBeast's current (inherently very good) map. Then I'll modify the scenario (with the new map), and then finally if some good Samaritan answers my call I will start the mod development.

Having only just started reading the books I can't comment on any detail but I have downloaded both versions of this mod to have a look. There seems to be a lot of bloat at the moment;). edit I have not been able to get either to load. :(

Currently there is the tech tree and the thing called research. You want to replace this with something totally different since these concepts are not useful here. Is there some time line that you want to enforce? If so, you could have the research and technologies do that. Only certain buildings provide a set amount of research per turn and each technology represents a stepping stone along the way.

I am not sure that promotions go obsolete but you could work it so that in the beginning units get the elite promotion then as "technology" advances that promotion is no longer available so that at the end only the green promotion is available. This could be done using buildings that give the promotion free to units when built and have the buildings go obsolete with the technology.

I thought about having technologies represent book events (actually after researching through the forum this idea is as old as 2007) but I think it streamlines things too much. You're supposed to control your civ, why should you have to follow this or that character's decision ? Maybe it should represent how complicated it was for factions to make alliances and negotiate, but then it would completely bypass the diplo screen.

Your idea for unit decaying is good, I also had one concerning them : maybe when you build a unit its strength is capped at the level of population of a city (and with a max level depending on the unit, else King's Landing would be abnormally strong). Also units should cost 1 pop point to create, and be resettleable afterwards for 1 pop point. That way unless you regrow your cities (which should be slow) if many men have died you can only get strength 4 or 5 units.

Hello everyone,

Now that my exams are over I'm considering taking over the project. I don't know anything about modding, XML or anything like that, and my programming skills are limited (only some caml and a little bit of java, not even C or C++). That was the reason why I couldn't help TheBeast with more than advices when he made the scenario and the mod. But I think that by learning some of the basics and by borrowing a lot from other mods (copy pasting the concepts and changing the specifics, of course crediting them for their work) I can go a long way.

I think there are two main problems for an ASOIAF mod for CIV : first, doing a mod this big is a tough job, and there are not many people who can do it by themselves (more credit to them). TheBeast was mostly by himself, and I tried to give him my impression on his work but in the end I think it was too big a project for him ; he hasn't logged in since January 2013. Comrade Yeshi tried to take over the Scenario/Mod last fall, but in a similar way he hasn't been on the forum since last January.
That's why I don't think I can do this without help from other members of the community ; if they can help with the modding we can share the workload which would be great, if not they can at least give their opinion so I can have someone to discuss my ideas with.

The second problem is about technology. The game of Civilization is based on civs acquiring new technologies in order to defeat their rivals. The core of the game is cities, units and research. But in the time of the war of the 5 kings (which is, IMO, a good choice for a scenario/Mod) there is no technological advance, no superior unit that you could unlock. Actually things are far worse at the end of ADWD than they were at the beginning of AGOT because armies have been decimated (most armies are now composed of green boys and old men, as is seen in the northern war's description) so arguably units should be worse, not better than the ones available at the start of the war, and because winter is coming (and because of the wars) the land should be less, not more fertile than when Ned rode south. The realms are less stable as well, so I don't consider that unlocking civics with technology would make any sense.

If anyone has any idea about how to incorporate research into an ASOIAF mod, in any way, to represent anything related or unrelated to technological advance, please give me your idea. That is where TheBeast stopped working on the mod, and my intuition tells me that this issue is part of what made him quit.

I'm posting this on both the mod and the scenario's page. I intend to redo the map as soon as I have time, because whatever happens I really look forward to making it even better than TheBeast's current (inherently very good) map. Then I'll modify the scenario (with the new map), and then finally if some good Samaritan answers my call I will start the mod development.

Hello AdrienIer,

I have been looking at many of the same issues you have brought up. I really want to finish this mod. I have been trying to solve the tech tree issue as well. I was thinking something similar to Future Techs, things that give access to things, such as mercenary groups, alchemy, or just straight gold bonus or something, not realyl sure. The one thing that needs to be fixed for sure is the tech tree needs to be broken. Musketmen, Grenadiers and Riflemen, and even Marines do not belong in Westeros.

I have been familiarizing myself with the XML, and have downloaded the XMl Editor from the forums. I have dabbled a bit, renamed the Followers of R'hllor to Red Priest, and am currently trying to figure out why the changing of the temple names never took hold in the original mod. TheBeast renamed the temples, but they do nto show up correctly renamed in the mod.

Anyway, I would be happy to discuss and assist with reworking some of the stuff. I would prefer to chat in a Ventrilo or TeamSpeak environment to see if we have similar ideas, it would be much quicker. I am currently off work and taking care of my newly arrived twins every night between 10pm and 4am (Eastern Standard Time) while my wife gets her sleep, and I think this would be a good project. It was either this or I was going to try and develop a War of the Lance\Dragonlance mod from scratch. I may still do that and just aid you here a bit if that is all you are looking for.

I have not gotten the Tech Editor tool available for download to work but I am capable of fixing the Tech Tree in the XML editor if we come up with something.

Thanks.

Some ideas:

Tourney Grounds (Building) or Hold Tourney (Tech) Repeatable as a Tech
-Unlocks building Freeriders in your cities, which are a less than a bannerman, but do not cost gold. Bannerman would be increased to have a gold cost associated with them, as I agree the number of units should be limited. If we went with the Tech instead the unit would be given on tech completion instead of being built, much like a great person. Freeriders could be upgraded to a Bannerman for a cost.

Black Market (Building) or Mercenary Contact (Tech) Repeatable as a Tech
-Unlocks the different mercenary groups, which are limited to a certain number much like spies and missionaries, would also have a high cost of gold. I think we can even limit the number of these units in the entire world. As a tech this would grant the unit automatically instead of having to build it.

Anyway these are just some ideas I was thinking about, on how we could make a Tech Tree that is workable in the current mod.

Hello AdrienIer,

I have been looking at many of the same issues you have brought up. I really want to finish this mod. I have been trying to solve the tech tree issue as well. I was thinking something similar to Future Techs, things that give access to things, such as mercenary groups, alchemy, or just straight gold bonus or something, not realyl sure. The one thing that needs to be fixed for sure is the tech tree needs to be broken. Musketmen, Grenadiers and Riflemen, and even Marines do not belong in Westeros.

I have been familiarizing myself with the XML, and have downloaded the XMl Editor from the forums. I have dabbled a bit, renamed the Followers of R'hllor to Red Priest, and am currently trying to figure out why the changing of the temple names never took hold in the original mod. TheBeast renamed the temples, but they do nto show up correctly renamed in the mod.

Anyway, I would be happy to discuss and assist with reworking some of the stuff. I would prefer to chat in a Ventrilo or TeamSpeak environment to see if we have similar ideas, it would be much quicker. I am currently off work and taking care of my newly arrived twins every night between 10pm and 4am (Eastern Standard Time) while my wife gets her sleep, and I think this would be a good project. It was either this or I was going to try and develop a War of the Lance\Dragonlance mod from scratch. I may still do that and just aid you here a bit if that is all you are looking for.

I have not gotten the Tech Editor tool available for download to work but I am capable of fixing the Tech Tree in the XML editor if we come up with something.

Thanks.

Hi,

I hope we can work together to build this. 10PM to 4AM means 4 to 10 here (unless you're still in daylight saving time ?), so it should be possible to talk around the time I wake up. I'm looking for more than just a little help, because since I posted my initial message I've been dragged into a huge, totally unrelated project, so I won't have as much time as I initially thought.

I've managed to take a look at the map and redo Dorne (it probably still needs polishing but I think it's more interesting, and the city placement will be reasonable with not a lot of good unused tiles and strong-ish cities overall). I have some problems with the global size of some parts of the land, with some cities being too far from each other when compared to the GRRM map (I had to stop my modifications at the dornish marches because the distance between Wyl/Yronwood and Stonedance wasn't right).

I liked your ideas about techs, giving you the possibility to research "raise your banners" or "hire mercenaries" or maybe other things. That way we can control what kind of units the players have.

What do you think about integrating these mods :
Strategic rivers http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=468148
Surround and destroy http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=341550
and Castle Improvement http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=325263

The last 2 are for Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn so they might be difficult to merge, but I think they fit perfectly with ASOIAF.

I am going to focus on doing some tech tree stuff. I am going to compile a list tonight of all the tech that are staying, such as the basics that everyone already has to build granaries, and such.

Then I will work on a list of the ones I want to add, as discuss previous.

I am interested in integrating the other mods, but that is something for the future. Although I did have some ideas for castle ones on my own already, which could easily be added as new buildings. Such as a moat, and stuff similar to what the castle mod has, but not as indepth.

Great. I may have time to work on the map again sunday and next week but unfortunately not before that. Keep me updated if you can (via PM would probably be better)

re: Techs - that certainly is an interesting issue. Here are a couple of ideas

- change the focus to gold - ie, you want the players to be trying to amass gold for the most part rather than tech. This would require allowing the gold slider to be set from the start of the game. You may also consider increasing maintenance costs for cities and troops as well as creating various things for the players to spend extra gold on (mercenaries for example)
- remove the whole tech tree and start from scratch. Decide what it is that players might be researching (probably more along the lines of magic rather then new weapons) and build from there
- perhaps even disallow tech research unless the player has a Maester (can be a building or a unit)
- maybe change terrain and improvements so that they give gold directly rather than the generic commerce

Some brainstorming I have done, I am open to suggestions.

All Civs start with all the techs up to Divine Right, Paper and Guilds. All the civs are this advanced already. This will allow for all the basic buildings of a civ. So they will not have to research any of those, the new techs are as below. I have included the buildings and units, and as much detail as I could come up with. This will of course all need to be balanced, but I think it is a good start.

Techs
Purchase Valarian Steel (Gives a great general or something military)
Hold Tourney - Provides a Freerider Unit (Repeatable)

Master of Coin Techs ?? Toll Collectors, Mints (Not flushed out)

Investigate Magic
Seek Skinchanger - Provides Skinchanger Unit, Gives +2 Spy in Capital (Unlocks Seek Greenseer)
Seek Greenseer - Provides Greenseer Unit, Gives +5 Spy in Capital
Seek Maegi -

Mercenary Contracts - Unlocks Basic Sellswords, Brotherhood without Banners, Unlocks Contact Mountain Clans of the Vale and Moon
Contact Mountain Clans of the Vale and Moon-
  • Send Goods to The Black Ears (Requires Contact Mountain Clans of the Vale and Moon)
    Unlocks The Black Ears Unit
  • Send Goods to The Burned Men (Requires Contact Mountain Clans of the Vale and Moon)
    Unlocks The Burned Men Unit
  • Send Goods to The Milk Snakes (Requires Contact Mountain Clans of the Vale and Moon)
    Unlocks The Milk Snakes Unit
  • Send Goods to The Moon Brothers (Requires Contact Mountain Clans of the Vale and Moon)
    Unlocks The Moon Brothers Unit
  • Send Goods to The Painted Dogs (Requires Contact Mountain Clans of the Vale and Moon)
    Unlocks The Painted Dogs Unit
  • Send Goods to The Sons of the Mist (Requires Contact Mountain Clans of the Vale and Moon)
    Unlocks The Sons of the Mist Unit
  • Send Goods to The Stone Crows (Requires Contact Mountain Clans of the Vale and Moon)
    Unlocks The Stone Crows Unit

Overseas Envoy - Unlocks Overseas Mercenary Contracts, Overseas Embassy Building
Overseas Mercenary Contracts -
  • Contact Brave Companions (Requires Overseas Mercenary Contracts)
    Unlocks Brave Companions Unit
  • Contact Second Sons (Requires Overseas Mercenary Contracts)
    Unlocks Hire Second Sons Unit
  • Contact Golden Company (Requires Overseas Mercenary Contracts)
    Unlocks Golden Company Unit
  • Contact Windblown (Requires Overseas Mercenary Contracts)
    Unlocks Windblown Unit
  • Contact Stormcrows (Requires Overseas Mercenary Contracts)
    Unlocks Stormcrows Unit
  • Contact Company of the Cat (Requires Overseas Mercenary Contracts)
    Unlocks Company of the Cat Unit
  • Contact Iron Bank of Braavos (Repeatable) (Requires Overseas Mercenary Contracts)
    Provides 1000gold
  • Conact Ancient Guild of Spicers (Requires Overseas Mercenary Contracts)
    Unlocks Ancient Guild of Spicers Unit
  • Contact Tourmaline Brotherhood (Requires Overseas Mercenary Contracts)
    Unlocks Tourmaline Brotherhood Unit
  • Contact Thirteen (Requires Overseas Mercenary Contracts)
    Unlocks Thirteen Unit

Acquire Dragonbone - ??

Dragon Tactics -Unlocks Dragon Slayers (Requires Overseas Envoy, Overseas Merc Contract, Acquire Dragonbone)

Seek Dragon Egg -Unlocks Dragonpit (Requires Overseas Envoy,Overseas Merc Contract, Contact Iron Bank of Braavos, Contact Ancient or Tourmaline or Thirteen, Contact 1 Land Merc , Seek Greenseer)

Dragon Theory - Unlocks Dragon (Requires Purchase Valarian Steel, Seek Dragon Egg)

Seek Alliances - Unlocks Defensive Pacts

Defensive Changes
Walls 25%
Castle +25% (Requires Walls)
Moats +25% -1 Health (Requires Castle)
Dungeon +4 Spy -1 Happy (Requires Castle)
Keep +10% +3 Culture (Requires Castle)
Castellan +15% (Requires Castle)

Buildings and Units
Maesters Citadel +2 Science, +2 Culture
Black Iron Maester +2 Spy (Requires Maesters Citadel)
Silver Maester Defensive Units get Medic I (Requires Maesters Citadel)
Pale Steel Maester +2 Hammer (Requires Maesters Citadel)
Copper Maester +2 Culture (Requires Maesters Citadel)
Electrum Maester +2 Science (Requires Maesters Citadel)
Yellow Gold Measter +2 Gold (Requires Maesters Citadel)
Iron Measter +1 XP (Requires Maesters Citadel)
Valyrian Steel Maester - This would be the equivalent of a Wonder (Requires Maesters Citadel and Purchase Valarian Steel Tech)

Alchemists Guildhall -1 Health - Build Alchemists Fire (Alchemists Fire dmg units but no bombard, like Guided Missle)

Barracks - Build melee units, Sellswords, Mountain Men
Archery Range - Build Crossbowman, Archers, Longbowman, Dragon Slayers (Requires Barracks)
Stables - Build Knights, Mounted Archers, Mounted-Men at Arms (Requires Barracks)
Siege Works - Build Catapults, Trebuchets, Ballistas (Requires Iron Maester)

Dragon Slayers - 10str, No Attack, Interception 2, Siege Unit, (3 per Civ) (Requires Dragon Tactics, Archery Range)

Tavern +1Comm +1Cult +1 Happy/Wine

Brotherhood without Banners - 6str Guerilla 3, Woodsman 3, Sentry, Immune to First Strike, March, No Pillage, Melee Unit (1 Global) (Requires Tavern and Mercenary Contracts)

(1 Global of Each Clan) Requires Sending Goods to the Clan in Tech Tree
The Black Ears - 5str, Guerilla 2, Pillage Change 50%, Combat Limit 98%, Melee Unit
The Burned Men - 5str, Guerilla 2, Pillage Change 50%, Kamikaze 75%, Melee Unit
The Milk Snakes - 5str, Guerilla 2, Pillage Change 50%, Melee Unit
The Moon Brothers - 5str, Woodsman 2, Pillage Change 50%, Melee Unit
The Painted Dogs - 5str, Guerilla 2, Pillage Change 50%, Melee Unit
The Sons of the Mist - 5str, Guerilla 2, Pillage Change 50%, Melee Unit
The Stone Crows - 5str, Guerilla 2, Woodsman 2, Pillage Change 50%, Melee Unit

Overseas Embassy +2 Spy, +2 Culture (Building) (Requires Overseas Envoy Tech)
Brave Companions - 8str +10 Mounted, +10 Melee, +10 Defense, Commando, Leader, Melee Unit, Cost 10g (1 Global) (Requires Contact Brave Companions)
Stormcrows - 8str +25% Melee, Commando, Guerilla 3, Leader, Melee Unit, Cost 10g (1 Global) Requires Contact Stormcrows)
Second Sons - 10str +50% Melee, Commando, Guerilla 3, Leader, Melee Unit, Cost 15g (1 Global) (Requires Contact Second Sons)
Golden Company - 15Str +25 Defense, Flanking, 3 movement, +15 Mounted, Tactics, Leader, Mounted Unit, Cost 50g (1 Global) (Requires Contact Golden Company)
Windblown - 12Str +25 melee, +25 mounted, Flanking, 2 movement, Leader, Melee Unit, Cost 25g (1 Global) (Requires Contact Windblown)
Company of the Cat - 12str +75% Melee, Tactics, Leader, Melee Unit, Cost 25g (1 Global) Requires Contact Company of the Cat)
Tourmaline Brotherhood - ? str, 1 Carry, Privateer, Cost 15g, Ship Unit (3 Global) Requires Contact Tourmaline Brotherhood
Ancient Guild of Spicers - ? str, 1 Carry, Cost 15gold, Ship Unit (5 Global) Requires Contact Ancient Guild of Spicers
Thirteen - ? str, 1 Carry, Cost 15gold, Ship Unit (4 Global) Requires Contact Thirteen

Skinchanger - 7str, Guerilla 2, Woodsman 2, No Pillage, March, Hidden Nationality, Animal Unit (2 Global) (Requires Spinchanger Tech)
Greenseer- 10str, Guerilla 2, Woodsman 2, No Pillage, March, Hidden Nationality, Animal Unit (1 Global) (Requires Greenseer Tech)

Dragonpit +2Culture
Dragon - Equivalent to Fighter (1 per Civ) (Requires Dragonpit, Construct Dragon Horn Tech)

Freerider - Weaker version of Knight or Bannerman, granted each time Hold Tourney is researched, (25 Global Max)

Ballista -Siege weapon that can only dmg units in a stack not city walls

Shipyard - Required to build ships, only present at start in a few cities

Trading House - Replaces Custom House (Requires Overseas Envoys)

Great work, I'll have a closer look at it tomorrow

Thanks for your support !
I hope you'll be able to stop by every now and then to give us your opinion.

Gildurath I've read your ideas (don't think I've forgotten you or this project ;) ), I think it's the way to go. There could be one time techs like "contact overseas mercenaries", and other techs that would be long branches like "raise the banners 1". I think the tech rate should be slow though, so that by raising the banners you are really slowing down other kinds of growth. There would be a "raise taxes" series of techs as well and a "collect crops" one. In ASOIAF there's very little growth in population so I don't think that we should let cities grow (or at least they should have a very high food limit to grow), but the stored food could be used later in the game. We could implement a winter count, that would give -1 food to the tiles north of a certain row of tiles, and maybe even -2 food in the late game, so that if you didn't store enough food before winter your cities will starve.

I'll be working on the map today, I hope to finish the stormlands and the reach.

glad to help,

ok heres some tips on the mod build:-
1. i like to start a mod from its tech tree, in my opinion, its the guide line for the mod.
never mind the tech names - just fill in techs and build the structure - after - name them.

2. write down the unit structur
e - i suggest by classes:

- light footman - support/counter units
- heavy footman - attacking units for cities
- light ranged - archers - for defensive (on cities)
- heavy ranged - battlefield supporters - with some nice bonuses
- light mounted - horsed units - counter units
- heavy mounted - horsed/other - counter and attackers
- attcak naval
- support naval
- transpotation naval
- siege devised - siege units , cata, trebs and such
- barrage - units that have ranged attack mainly for support - using the air ranged

after you decide on the unit class, start filling up the classes throught the tech tree - build the unit upgrade tree on the tech progress and fill up their powers and purposes.

3. building, those are easy, barrow for all the other fantasy mods their buildings and models copy paste, change the names, and edit the attributes a bit and ajust them to progress with the tree.

4. uus, ubs, unique stuff to each civs.

5.civics, corps, religions

6. balance stuff last.

I agree with you on mod building in general, but in this case all units will be unlocked at the start and technology will be used for other things.

I agree with you on mod building in general, but in this case all units will be unlocked at the start and technology will be used for other things.

I agree with AdrienIer. We have most of the units, I will touch them up a bit, but this is a mid start mod. So most units are unlocked, with the excpetion of the unique units such as mercenary groups, and the dragon and dragonslayers, which are end game units.

The issue with this mod is the ASOIAF world is already developed and established. So a tech tree is not really useful. I am trying to leave the original techs in and still build a complete tree with all techs being granted already in the mod, so you can play it from scratch if you like, but it is not my focus. My focus is developing a mod that takes place in the War of the Five Kings.

AdrienIer, I have been thinking of the food issue too. I think it is fine to let cities grow for 100 turns or so, but then I was thinking winter is setting in, and food tiles would be struck kinda like pollution or fall out and would reduce them. It would be random and hopefully decrease the random fail rate based on latitude. This is something down the road, I am still working on the techs and basic buildings and units. This would then work on reducing the cities and dropping the production of them.

I basically have all the XML files figured out, it is the edits of existing things that have other references in other XML files that is slowing me down. I change the name of something and it breaks other XML files. I should probably just build new ones from scratch instead of editing existing ones, but I am already into it now.

Anyway. I will edit my existing message with stuff I have done. Going to focus on the techs tonight. I have been messing with buildings and units for fun.

Basically everyone knows most techs, and most stuff buildings on other buildings existing and such.

AdrienIer,

I have been thinking about the winter is coming part, and the decay of food supply. I am trying to figure out the timeline for everything.

The current series, has gone from 298 to 300, which as far as I can tell from westeros.org, is 2 years, which is the same as our 2 years. So 52 weeks.

I am trying to develop a timeline. I am currently thinking of using weeks, so 100 turns or so would bring you to where Tommen Baratheon is King. Winter has not started yet in very much, so considering that I am thinking 150 turns is where Winter starts to take hold, that would be another year, which is just a projection I am making. Consider I have still not read Dance of Dragons, so if Winter is in more full effect in that case then correct me.

Well this is the timeline I am shooting at for construction time and research timelines currently, roughly 50 turns will be a year.

Input is welcome from everyone.

The question is rather how much should the cities grow before winter comes ? Honestly in 2 years I doubt that many cities should grow more than 1 pop, so we should make the food bar bigger. But of course this shouldn't be the first issue we tackle ; I'd like to implement other unit types as well using the skins available on the forum, but this should come in later as well. Right now we have to make a playable scenario with your tech tree, and then build more stuff from that.

How fast do you think ships should move ? I'll try to find the exact time needed for a ship to go from King's Landing to Eastwatch for example, which is somewhere around a month IIRC. Of course it would break the game if it took 4 turns to travel that far, but it shouldn't take a year either.

I think winter should start to strike after turn 100 (there is a snow storm in ADWD), slowly at first with a few tiles getting struck and maybe a random snow storm, most if not all of it happening in the north, and after turn 150 with bigger effects on all of Westeros.

I am open on the timing, but I also think we need to err on the side of play. I think people do enjoy a little bit of build up and such. So that is kinda why I am looking at dragging the timeline out a bit.

Well I found the Modwiki last night, which I had no idea existed. So things will move a lot faster now. Going to tackle Techs tonight, see if I can get some into the game and start doing some minor testing. Also civchecker works great too, to know if my XML is going to work without having to load up the game.

Top Bottom