General discussion thread

I'm probably hopeless but neither 4.30 or 4.30 LEC work for me. BTS crashes upon booting up of the mod with the Microsoft "No longer responding" message.

I have just found this mod, and started to play with it. It is truly fantastic, I enjoy playing it a lot more than Civ5!

I still have to understand a lot, but I am keen on experiencing it!

Congrats for all the efforts and results!!!

Tofe

Hi guys, fantastic mod! Just wondering, is there a version of this that will work for Bts 3.17?

Hi guys, fantastic mod!

Thank you. But it's just me. :)

Just wondering, is there a version of this that will work for Bts 3.17?

Sorry, but no. The CCV 3.x versions were made for BTS 3.17 but those were very different from CCV 4.x and even the last version 3 build included a lot of bugs. And I fear that I've only got some save copies with some experimental stuff that we may see in version 5 one day. :mischief:

I think you will have to update to BTS 3.19 to play CCV. But why are you looking for a mod version for BTS 3.17? :think:

Great, thanks Thomas! Did you include any other changes than the bug-fixes you mentioned?

Edit: Just saw your list in the main mod forum. :goodjob: So, forget this question. :)

Well, as it seems the 4.36 installer from AtomicGamer is damaged. So there will be a new release of CCV 4.36A tonight. Here the log.

Spoiler :

Changelog 4.36 -> 4.36A:

Art:
-

AI:
-

Gameplay:
-

Others:
- removed 102 invisible classes for better performance
- reduced city updates called from onBuildingBuilt for better performance
- fixed two possible zero divisions in CvPlayerAI::AI_foundValue
- moved EnhancedTechConquest from Python to SDK
- EnhancedCultureConquest removed from CCV

known problems:
- maybe still a rare random CTD

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Changelog 4.30 -> 4.36:

Art:
- new greek art set (42 new custom arts)
- new ironclad art and button

AI:
- improved AI handling of upgrading or killing outdated units
- improved AI code for AI_isFinancialTrouble()
- improved AI code for building routes and deleting units if in financial trouble
- improved AI code for improvement construction (better handling of tree nursery and settlements; reduces too fast and unneccessary substitution of existing improvements)

Gameplay:
- spies jump now into the next team city instead of the capital
- allow early units like axeman and swordsman also to be build with iron or copper
- gave mounted units equal bonus requirements to melee units
- stable produces now riding horses from horses and is not just transforming them
- migrants will only move to cities their current city is connected to
- new experience limits (level^2 + 2*level)
- reduced impact of religions on diplomacy relations
- mechanized infantry requires now ammunition (bugfix)
- new terrain: marsh
- workers can terraform marsh to grass after the discover of machinery
- terrain attack and defend mali (-25%/-50%) for heavy units like siege units, mounted units or armored units on marsh
- amphibious promotion gives +25% attack and defense bonus for marsh; protection against marsh terrain damage
- machinery requires now horseback riding
- construction requires now metal casting
- can found no cities in tundra
- can build no improvements on marsh
- bonus of attack submarines against submarines reduced from 50% to 25%
- attack and missile submarine got a 50% malus for coast
- reduced moves of stealth submarine from 8 to 7
- much higher advanced unit support costs
- if playing with mastery victory space ship can only be launched at 100% successrate

Others:
- repaired several bugs in the new bonus system
- removed some unneccessary yield/plot/art updates called from Python to reduce the turn time
- reduced accuracy of the Advanced Invisibility System from 1% to 5% for higher game speed (no gameplay influence with the current unit settings)
- disabled lots of unused python functions and moved some calculations from Python to SDK
- repaired event CLASSIC_LITERATURE again
- update to RevDCM 2.9/687
- fixed some minor problems in events
- fixed bug in migration target calculation
- minor speed improvements
- fixed bug in defender withdraw plot calculation and another one in the after combat routine (cause of CTDs)
- solved bug in Advanced Cargo AI that made the AI not settling over sea
- fixed bug that didn't allow Apo and UN under Mastery Victory
- fixed critical bug in CCV code of AI_militaryBonusVal (division by zero; cause of CTDs)

known problems:
- maybe still a rare random CTD

And maybe you like to hear that the CCV code is now available for you. It's public stuff now. You can find it in the construction folder. :)

I know. Please try the installer of 4.36A from AtomicGamer. It's online now. You can find the link in the database now. Uploading to RapidShare at the moment.

But apart from being corrupted - having those 2 XML errors upon loading - what's the deal? I played into mid-game, without any crashes or so. The religion problem really depended on me having Limited religions enabled ... so it was my mistake - as I didn't know about this mod component. Thanks for helping me out there.

Aaand the file on MegaUpload is corrupted as well. I think I will give this a miss until you are able to validate the uploads yourself.

Aaand the file on MegaUpload is corrupted as well. I think I will give this a miss until you are able to validate the uploads yourself.

I've tested both installers and they are fine! But there is a problem - no doubt. I guess that we got trouble here with a leftover of an old file that isn't removed or overwritten by the installer as expected. I don't know why. That's the only thing I can imagine at the moment. It's the only difference between you and me.
There is even no connetion in the reported file to a battle feature. There is no BATTLE9 in the current CIV4EventTriggerInfos. So if there is something like BATTLE9 in your file it must be an old one.

So please do what I do. Please delete the existing Community Civ V folder in .../Beyond the Sword/Mods before running the installer. And try it again. Please tell me about the result.

But apart from being corrupted - having those 2 XML errors upon loading - what's the deal? I played into mid-game, without any crashes or so. The religion problem really depended on me having Limited religions enabled ... so it was my mistake - as I didn't know about this mod component. Thanks for helping me out there.

No problem. Good news. :goodjob:

Well, all I can say is that all the versions of your installer EXE that I have downloaded so far have failed before they even got started - reporting the file to be corrupted -and I never had any version of this mod installed before anyway.

I haven't had any problems with anything else I have downloaded recently, so unless your installer doesn't run on 64bit systems then I don't see what else could be the reason for the EXE failing.

So ... just to be sure the problem wasn't on my end I decided to download something else and - lo and behold - I ended up with another corrupted file. It seems my router had developed a glith and was the problem all along. :blush:

Anyway, the EXE ran and installed the mod just fine after I reset the router - with one exception ... the "RFC Earth with big Europe 50 civs - " etc. etc. file failed to install, but I suspect that is due to max filename lenght being exceeded (255 chars is max and this includes directory path - you might want to cut down the name of that file ;)).

Btw, I just realized I should probably have posted all this in your bug thread - heh.

Top Bottom