German Panzerfaust 29/6/2006

Plotinus said:
Thanks, Mosca. If I get a problem like that again I'll definitely let you know.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I'm a complete fool....
I've been busy and yesterday I decided to play with my unit, when I reach to industrial age and decided to attack Byzantines with a huge army of panzerfaust and panzers I discover another bug, there is a square arround the smoke... it only visible when the unit is on dark terrain... and I noticed a small delay at the beginning of the attack...
Now it's fixed, I used photoshop and works fine (I've tested it a lot). Using Flicedit for the firts animation and using it as base for the others works fine, but as you said it add a little delay if you use it directly...
Sorry, I'm a newbie....
Un saludo

P.D. I've updated the zip.... the link is the same.
download

Stormrage said:
Oh, you can spot those if you check the unit withuot the Magenta background in Flicedit ;)
I did it, a lot of times, I used the land background and the grey background... but I didn't notice anything :( . A dark colour is needed to see the bug clearly.
Now I've used a dark green to test the unit, and then I tested it ingame.
I'll take more care at further smoke effects :cry:

You english is very good :) Perhaps they are waiting for the modders to put the unit in their favorite mods with WW2 thematic? I voted for the Chaos Halberdier but I haven`t tested it in game yet, only checked it out in Flicedit to see how other directions and civ-colors look like.

Wow, there are so many great unit-makers that don't have English as their first language! Don't worry, man, your English is way better than some other people's (la_dav comes to mind, :D).

la_daivian is fun to speak. you can use obscure words with a similar, if distant, meaning to portray your post... its really fun..
yeah, your English is better than my Irish at any rate (although thats really not too hard, but still. maybe my german would be a better example.. meh..)

i very eccstatic that you to my aforementioned internetpost responed me to Rager of Storms.

ok, enough of that for now..

Quinzy said:
la_daivian is fun to speak. you can use obscure words with a similar, if distant, meaning to portray your post... its really fun..
yeah, your English is better than my Irish at any rate (although thats really not too hard, but still. maybe my german would be a better example.. meh..)
I've chatted with both poeple online, and yes la_dav is very hard to understand, that's why I had to use as simple words as I could find to communicate with him. Mosca speaks just fine. Btw, Senior SuperflyDynomite... I'm getting some new toys for you.

Wyrmshadow said:
I've chatted with both poeple online, and yes la_dav is very hard to understand, that's why I had to use as simple words as I could find to communicate with him. Mosca speaks just fine. Btw, Senior SuperflyDynomite... I'm getting some new toys for you.

Toys!! :king:

I've looking for la_dav posts and... I'm english language professor now :p

Very well mosca, the panzerfausten are coming! Goodbye T-34s!

MoscaTnT said:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I'm a complete fool....
I've been busy and yesterday I decided to play with my unit, when I reach to industrial age and decided to attack Byzantines with a huge army of panzerfaust and panzers I discover another bug, there is a square arround the smoke...

This is probably due to the material settings for the squares of the smoke prop that you used. I was having the same problem with the Rocket Team. i couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then, I noticed that the Transparency Falloff was set to .6 or something. I set the Transparency Falloff to 0.0, and the white square disappeared. I would imagine this is the same thing that was happening with you.

utahjazz7 said:
This is probably due to the material settings for the squares of the smoke prop that you used. I was having the same problem with the Rocket Team. i couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then, I noticed that the Transparency Falloff was set to .6 or something. I set the Transparency Falloff to 0.0, and the white square disappeared. I would imagine this is the same thing that was happening with you.

Thanks a lot, I'll check that issue for further units, the square is a very boring bug. I fixed it directly using photoshop, not a good way...

utahjazz7 said:

Yeah, Poser 5 defaults to .6 for transparency falloff, so when I create custom material presets, I allways make sure that the transparency falloff is set to zero before I save the preset......

BTW, Utah, I have you thank... I've been having problems getting a GOOD civ color material in Poser, so I decided to read your tutorial, and sure enough, it had the color settings you use, and so I made a preset, and now I have no more problems with the civ coloring looking washed out or flat like it did before.

Top Bottom