Graphics degredation

slackjaw3

Chieftain
Hello, I have a quick question/issue

Installed the game and am having these strange graphics problems.
Mostly lines coming from moving onscreen objects (see attachments)

I have tried everything
Updated geforce drivers, mobo drivers, even flashed my graphics card (GTX 460) with a new BIOS
Updated everything, tried all different graphics settings in game, through nvidia control panel and tried the DX10/DX11 and DX9 start ups. all to no avail

I played civ5 a couple of years ago with no problems on basically the same rig (new SSD HD and win 8.1 now)
Thought 8.1 might be the problem, so I installed a win 7 dual boot and same exact problem on Windows7

at my wits end on this one. really want to get back into it and play BNW.

only thing I can think of is possibly the power supply and the voltage/wattage being too low to the card? I am swapping out HDDs and so forth but no help so far.

Never have this problem with movies or any other applications

I am attaching two screenshots and DXdiag.txt if anyone has had or has an idea about this issue it would be appreciated.

on a separate but equally as frustrating note, the ReCaptcha on this (maybe any) site is totally out of whack and I had to try it literally 30 times before getting through.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    60.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 2013-12-29_00002.jpg
    2013-12-29_00002.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 196
  • 2013-12-29_00003.jpg
    2013-12-29_00003.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 155
In my experience, these effects are usually due to out of date graphics drivers. Windows Update may say they are current, but check your OEM's site or video card manufacturer's site for updated drivers.

That is what happens when they push out updates. I would keep doing the file verification option in steam until it says all files successfully verified. If that does not work, you may have to manually delete the files under Windows Games folder, minus any saves you may want to keep. That should repopulate those files. Especially if those files were just transferred from another drive or windows was installed and kept them in tack from a different version.

thank you, but unfortunately neither of these suggestions worked.
I guess it's time for a new graphics board

I have this trouble and some other stuffs since my video card (GTX 670) burn. I run Civ V with my integrated graphic card, Intel HD 4000.

What is your configuration ? If you bought a new card, do you still have this problem ?

looks like a defective graphics card if you have ruled out drivers and file corruption.
might wanna test it with furmark and see if it overheats.
you can test if its calculation correct by using cuda version og dnetc c (but even does nto fail it still might be bad)
there are also a graphics card memory testing program which name eludes me

Same problem here, and I've updated my card pretty recently. Never had this issue before, but that was a long time ago.

Found a solution: the bug disappears if you start up in Directx 9 mode, rather than Directx 10/11. No idea why (this is with directx 11 installed).

looks like artifacting and DX9 mode would solve this as the GPU isn't being pushed as hard in DX9 but if I where you I'd start saving for a GPU now, this one won't last more than a month or 2 before it starts artifacting on less demanding settings

It could be that the Directx files or related registry settings could have been corrupted and that would involve re-setting the directx parameters, which is not a very easy process.

At least in cases of personal experiences the next patch solved such issues. I have never updated the GPU driver in two years. If that is what fixed it for people, it may have corrected the Directx issue in the process, because the newer driver may have forced the OS to address an affected directx parameter. That is my theory, although no one has really proved it one way or the other.

Top Bottom