Hellenic Horseman (Dec 07, 2007)

How about a grey-blue tunic like on the Alexander Sarcophagus in combination with a civ-colored cape or saddle? I guess the cape is easier to see in civ scale.

Edit: Crosspost with Kerero... a saddle in civ colors would be sufficient on second thought.

Wow, one hot unit followed in quick succession by another hot unit in the oven. Wow. I have no comments on the colouring, I just love it.

Overhand stabbing with the spear, though, would be pretty much the hottest thing ever, though. :D

Good job on all of the units. His helmet though for some reason reminds me of the flying nun, lol? Keep up the good work.

I'd make the tunic brownish(or light brown) and the cape red, saddle civcolor would be adequate, else maybe, yellowish. These three colors(or rather their variations, like gold, copper etc) and black were the predominant Macedonian colors to my knowledge.

However that doesn't exclude blue as a color of selection(we use it in modern day Greece too). Don't know if the Turks are the experts on that area though, Ares.

You have already known my opinion, Sandris... This Antique kouros is... Beatiful!!! I thing, Hellenic sculptors would approve Your creation!!! :king: Animation of dramatic death and glorious victory simply brilliant.

Тем более рад, что смог оценить твое творение первым. :) :wavey:

Good job on all of the units. His helmet though for some reason reminds me of the flying nun, lol? Keep up the good work.
:lol:

I was going to say the same thing. For those not already in the know: Flying Nun.

Sandris, when it comes to your units, we like them, we really like them.

Don't know if the Turks are the experts on that area though, Ares.

They needn't be... one can see fragments of the color on the sarcophagus.

Yet I can`t decide what colors should we give him.

Here`re some samples, but I need more variations to decide ...

This is a really nice-looking unit. I have to say I don't like the Fortify or Victory animations though, because of the way the horse's feet move. In both animations its feet slide over the ground as if it's standing on ice. It looks especially odd in the Victory - when it rears up its hind feet should stay exactly where they are. Also, with movements like this, you can add extra realism by having the horse bend its forelegs a little just before the jump and again upon landing, to make it look like it's really throwing itself up, and landing heavily, rather than floating into the air. I tried to do this with my Nazgul (where it lands for the Fortify, and then takes off in Attack A) and it helps to give an impression of weight.

Otherwise, looking good!

2nd one is my favorite

Usteros said:
Тем более рад, что смог оценить твое творение первым. :) :wavey:
I agree

Top Bottom