Hi Guys...Strategy Question from a nOOb

a0161613

Chieftain
I have CIV IV already but cannot play it until my new kickass pc turns up.

I have been lurking and got v excited after seeing some of the posts on here, i am very impressed with what I have read, especially in the ALC games.

I really can't wait and as im unlikely to have much of a social life once i start playing, can you guys give me any nOOb advice, to avoid an early ass kicking, such as tech routes to go down and civs to start with.

(my prev experience is CIV III only, but i was ok at that.)

Cheers guys

Hi a0161613, welcome to CFC! :D

There is no one-size-fits-all strategy for this game.

I know that's not the answer you were looking for, but there really is no one answer for winning the game. For civ-selection, a financial civilization might help, as well as maybe an aggressive civ. Branch out though, don't become addicted to just one! The civilization you start with will depend on what techs you want to research - if you're an aggressive civilization, trying to grab a religion early and spread it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Some of the worker techs (The Wheel, Animal Husbandry, Mining) can be important if you have resources that require an improvement from one of those techs. Overall, read the forums! The more time you spend read the War Academy and any kind of thread about the game, the better you'll become.

Good luck!

cheers mate, the sooner it turns up the better, but it does give me more time to lurk and read a bit... pity i dont have the net at home, and i have to come on when im on lunch etc at work!!!

Top Bottom