Hitler, Fuhrer of the Third Reich

Probably. At any rate, I read it in part 2 of Kershaw´s Hitler biography. (Thorough to the point of being tedious - if that´s possible.) ;)

In general Germany is as "free" as any other western republic, I think everyone should see why the "Hakenkreuz" is not wanted here, the time of the Third Reich was possibly the darkest hour in human history and "we" germans still feel guilty. If you want to add a great german leader, take frederik the great, this dude was a true hero ;)

We can have Fredrick, Bismark and Hitler in the game as different CIV's because in a sense they were. Hitler makes for a great bad guy to fight hands down. Even though Stalin was a more accomplised Murder and more ruthless Hitler's Nazi Germany is the pefect example of a Lawful Evil Nation (Pardon my use of a Dungeon and Dragons term.)
I mean when your playing the game which Civ would you fear more the Bismark or Hitler. Who would you be more motivaded to destory. Yes the CIV AI is not the best but if I see Hitler I'm gearing for war. Don't change his backgound this just highlights his evil nature.
I also would like to see Stalins Soviet Union as a Civ in the game as well.

Then maybe the USA should have a picture of colonists slaughtering and raping native Americans, since it's historically accurate. How is that in poor taste?

Adding Hitler to Germany as a leader seems overall a very immature choice, primarily for the reason that Hitler was Germany's history's most incompetent leader, (after 12 years of rule Germany had lost millions of citizens, a great deal of land, it's economy laid in ruins and it was ripped into two separate states) but he happens to be one of the best known "bad guys" of history. There's a bunch of much more suitable leaders (out of which Bismark is the best IMO) for a civilization game.

Well I could not disagree with you more about your second point which I addressed a little in my previous post. However your first point would not be a bad idea. Which American leader would you suggest best represents this period in American history? I'm an American and I would have no problem with this.

How can Stalin be tasteful? He was just as much of a monster as Hitler was. Really the only difference is that while Hitler targeted Jews and gypsies, Stalin targeted kulaks, political opponents, and perceived political opponents. But the man killed 20 million people and enslaved Eastern Europe.

Neither Stalin nor Hitler should be portrayed as lightly as Civ portrays its leaders.

Sigh.......Ok lets just have just little cute Ewok Leaders in Civ. Or maybe we can have Winnie the Poo as a leader I'm sure he can't possably be offensive.

Sarcasim off. If a mod offends thee then don't play it. Don't come in here crying that it hurts your feelings or what ever.

Understand the reason for this being pulled, 2k obviously cant host anything which can be construed as illegal in some states. I don't think that there is anything illegal about mentioning Hitler himself though (surely 2kGreg can clarify?), I think it is simply the emblem of the swastika and Nazi membership/promotion which is prohibited in Germany.

Can this be reproduced having been sanitised for the masses. I am genuinely looking forward to playing a scenario/game where I can take it to the beaches against the Germans in WW2!

Where can this mod be downloaded and installed in its finished state (icons and all)?

I was wondering if 2K/Gamespy would do what Wikipedia / Wikimedia Commons do; host everything on an American server and limit access to illegal content on a country by country basis like Wikipedia does with the Nazi Swastika: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Nazi_Swastika.svg

But anyway; I've uploaded the mods (Base mod, Nazi Icon, King Tiger) to the CivFanatics Download section, and it should be showing in a few days.

Hmm "Arbeit macht frei" for me is good though, so one can never forget what an evil bastard one is playing!

What I suggest is to delete the semi-sarcastic two sentences with von Stauffenberg! While your actually absolute right it steels some of the atmosphere imho !

Understand the reason for this being pulled, 2k obviously cant host anything which can be construed as illegal in some states. I don't think that there is anything illegal about mentioning Hitler himself though (surely 2kGreg can clarify?), I think it is simply the emblem of the swastika and Nazi membership/promotion which is prohibited in Germany.

Can this be reproduced having been sanitised for the masses. I am genuinely looking forward to playing a scenario/game where I can take it to the beaches against the Germans in WW2!

OK so where can I down load this MOD?

Only a double post, Meeber? Why not another triple? Since they're all so interesting...

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but I do hope you understand that we just plain cannot host content that is illegal.

What happens if the American civ became illegal in a country, would you take it out?

Maybe just switch the swastika with a red circle, white background and that horrid mustach of his in the middle :p

...But anyway; I've uploaded the mods (Base mod, Nazi Icon, King Tiger) to the CivFanatics Download section, and it should be showing in a few days.

Can you include a readme with the mod that explains how to enable a mod not available thru the hub. I for one have no idea how to do it. Thanks.

I was wondering if 2K/Gamespy would do what Wikipedia / Wikimedia Commons do; host everything on an American server and limit access to illegal content on a country by country basis like Wikipedia does with the Nazi Swastika: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Nazi_Swastika.svg

But anyway; I've uploaded the mods (Base mod, Nazi Icon, King Tiger) to the CivFanatics Download section, and it should be showing in a few days.

It's not outside the realm of possibility for the future, but at least right now, all content on the hub is available in all territories; we have no way to make a mod only show up in certain countries.

What happens if the American civ became illegal in a country, would you take it out?

It would have to be handled on a case-by-case basis.

Can you include a readme with the mod that explains how to enable a mod not available thru the hub. I for one have no idea how to do it. Thanks.

You should be able to place a .civ5mod file in your MODS directory (Documents\My Games\Civ V\MODS) and then go to the mod section in game and click "Install Mods" like normal.

I was wondering if 2K/Gamespy would do what Wikipedia / Wikimedia Commons do; host everything on an American server and limit access to illegal content on a country by country basis like Wikipedia does with the Nazi Swastika: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...ngs) and community self-censorship/vandalism.

You've got it all wrong.

It is legal to use the Swastika in Germany to

Wikipedia flatly and squarely falls within that. Wikipedia or Wikimedia commons do not limit access to illegal content on a country by country basis. en.wikipedia.org is the same wherever you access it from. The German wikipedia de.wikipedia.org (though hosted in Florida, USA as well) uses the image of the nazi Swastika on the article on swastikas, and other nazi/ww2 articles are ripe with them.

Someone from Pakistan can still see the Muhammed cartoons on the muhammed-drawing controversy articles on wikipedia - though clearly illegal by Pakistani law.

It would be a total mess if wikipedia started doing what you think they have been doing. The only censorship on wikipedia is in accordance with US law (which are very few things) and community self-censorship/vandalism.

+ Legal being presented in awesome films like "Indiana Jones". :cool:

I realy appreciate that 2k is respecting the law of the different contries, although I understand that other people get annoyed by this.
I thinks 2k is refering to "Western core values" where the majority can accept that certain people don't like to see the Hakenkreuz.
That's why they would not ban the American society i.e.

Furthermore it is good that this is banned in Germany because some parts of the media in Germany show a tendency to disparage such games as "Nazi games" :>

Top Bottom