Hobbits (14/02/08)

:hmm: Did you do the worker & settler in another thread? Shouldn't they be here with these guys? :confused:

I didn't make a settler or worker, because Kinboat made an excellent Hobbit unit some time ago which has animations for both of those functions (all far better than I could ever have done). The LOTM guys are recolouring the different animations of that unit to turn it into several different ones (I believe). So the ones I made here are intended to complement that unit and also aaglo's Hobbit units and plug what I think are the biggest gaps in the unit line-up they've currently got for the Shire.

Weasel Op said:
Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

Likewise! And I think it will be now that my better half and I have reached the end of the what-film-to-watch negotiations, the final settlement being Comedy rather than Romance. Luckily we have pretty similar tastes.

Really cool units. I like the Outlaw's victory anim. Very Ninja-esque.

I didn't make a settler or worker, because Kinboat made an excellent Hobbit unit some time ago which has animations for both of those functions (all far better than I could ever have done). The LOTM guys are recolouring the different animations of that unit to turn it into several different ones (I believe). So the ones I made here are intended to complement that unit and also aaglo's Hobbit units and plug what I think are the biggest gaps in the unit line-up they've currently got for the Shire.
I remembered those. I put the two smilies down low hoping you would get the humor - the joke being the frequent requests to you for very specific workers/settlers. I did not know about the LOTM recoloring project. I really look forward to playing the finished version of that mod.

Time you spent on the cloak was well spent, it's indeed a level of animation we haven't seen here before, and that bar certainly was not low to begin with. Bravo!

:thumbsup: One thumb for all, to save space:mischief:

Thanks! Now I have something to use for the Taru-taru flavor unit lineup in the FF mod (Basically, I'm using the Spearman as a taru Shaman, the Outlaw as a Taru Mage, The Burglar as a taru Conjurer, and the mayor as a Taru Summoner), although I'm debating about whether or not to add magical attacks to their attack animations, since they are going to be more or less placeholder units....

I agree with everyone else. These units are great. Hate to be the last one to gives a thumb's up but it's been a busy couple weeks. Bravo, and yes, the cape animation is absolutely amazing. Hope your nerves recover!

Ok, this may fall into the "Doh!" category, but what is the difference, really, between an Archer and a Bowman?

Regardless, these units are superb.

Ok, this may fall into the "Doh!" category, but what is the difference, really, between an Archer and a Bowman?

Regardless, these units are superb.
Archer leaves Spade behind to solve his murder whilst looking for a dark figurine of a bird, whereas Bowman survives the machinations of an AI only to succumb to the headgames of a vanished ET. :p

:worship:
I am in awe of you, Plotinus. I can't think of anything to say here that hasn't already been said.
Absolutely beautiful units.:goodjob:

Top Bottom