How To: Download and Install a Mod from the steam hub

Status
Not open for further replies.
ainwood, yes, thanks for making the process analysis for downloading mods through Steam, as so many of us don't really understand the logistics of programming etc,. Now to address my problem. I did each step you laid out for us, and it worked perfectly; the list of all the mods show up in the files where they are supposed to be, but after I first loaded a mod from my list on the steam into to the game, it crashed not long after it sputtered to a start getting me into an actual game using some of the new leaders etc,. Then after this when i tried to go to the mods section in the game to set up a game, the list no longer shows up. The only item in the list is under 'Custom Games" which is what appears after I hit the mods icon. I dont know what I've done, but perhaps it relates to my saving game programs on an external drive so I dont fill up my harddrive on the Vaio laptop I use. This computer is more powerful than my desktop computers and i use it for my teaching career etc. which involves some usage of graphics and showing movies, etc. Now let me add that the actual software is stored on my Vaio laptop too, so the files for the mods is stored where it is supposed to be stored, yet maybe there is some contradiction happening because of the extra files on the external drive?????

Is that possible or have I merely missed something that is peculiar to Steam, etc.? Should I delete the whole list and do it all again? IT wanted to play but like all things Civ, it also likes to contradict itself. Thanks for any help on this issue.

I have problem in step 9. I follow all the intructions i read in this forum.After i install the mod, no mod appear in my installed list to enable it.

ps: I have the file *.modinfo in C:/My Documents/Mygames/Sid meier's CIv 5/ MODS

Any idea ? :D

I download a mod, the mod server says the download is "Completed" but it doesn't appear in the Install tab, so I can't download it.

Anyone else have this problem?

Moderator Action: ATTENTION: This thread is outdated and with the latest Civ5 patch not longer relevant in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom