How to get a CD-ROM to work with Windows 95?

Aphex_Twin

Evergreen
I have this old 200 MHz Pentium MMX with Win '95 that serves the purpose of controlling a big printer. It doesn't do a bad job, I can say...

Now, I recently installed a CD-ROM (an LG 52x MAX), that does not seem to work with the OS. I cannot maintain a Win'98 on it as I don't have a license and anything higher would strangle the weakling's circuits.

The CD-ROM drive works when I use a Win'98 boot disk with it, and the BIOS can boot from the CD, only Win'95 cannot get to it.

What I would be looking for would be either a piece of MS-DOS batch code that I can paste in autoexec.bat (I vaguely recall several years ago doing that, but unfortunately I no longer have that file), that could configure it (w/ mscdex and the likex). Or I could get one .inf file that contains the drive specifications.

The only thing I could find was a file named Gscdrom.sys, that I got when looking for LG 52x MAX Win95 drivers. I don't quite know what to do with it, or if indeed it is a driver :crazyeye: (it's not an .inf ).

I don't really need to exploit it to the max, just make the damn thing work. Any ideas?

I fixed it :hurrah!:

Some config.sys engineering. I just feel like the the modern time traveller back in the digital stone age :crazyeye: How crude! :eek:

Top Bottom