How to PBEM

Classic Hero was there for a couple of my talks with fe. A lot of the chats happen around the weekend anyway and there will be plenty of them since there are 4 other teams to talk to.

We don't. The teams voted to let Rik Meleet the mapmaker have complete authority to make what he likes. The starts and such will be balanced but we don't know what kind of terrain we're going to look at.

Maybe even some wails from the Welsh. ;)

Wailing Whales from Wales:D

you people are clearly bored and can't wait to start the game, am I right? :D

you people are clearly bored and can't wait to start the game, am I right? :D

You're absolutely right! :p

Just so you understand the whole joke here, in the last game Rik Meleet hand made the map and, way out in the middle of the ocean, there were a group of whales arranged in the shape of a letter M. ;)

Rik is very partial to Orcas. (commonly known as killer whales) He made the map for Cage Match II as an almost totally symmetric map, and gave all 4 of the players about 10 whales each as bonus resources. :)

2.8 - Build Sequence
Teams cannot break into the build sequence to change anything, including actions such as hurrying production of a building/unit, changing prebuilds to the desired build, changing city laborers around to prevent a riot, and changing any build to another build (say, from a factory to a rifleman due to nearby enemy units). Instead of taking these actions during the build sequence before your turn, please make these changes during your turn. If a team is wondering whether something would be considered breaking into the build sequence, please contact the administrators.

This rule about not breaking into the build order means we have to be very careful about Luxury resources.

If any unique resource is threatened we need to remember to bump up the lux rate or we will get all our cities rioting.

Same is true when a GA ends I often have to cycle through to prevent riots if I don't keep an exact count or pay attention to this.

Not sure how ending deals works If another player declares war on us do we then lose all the traded luxuries? In that case a suprise declaration of war could also cause all cities to riot at exactly the wrong time.

You all who have played with this rule before may be used to it, but it is new to me. Did it effect the previous game?

no breaking into the build order was ok for riots last time. So it didn't really effect anyone. But you are right. Once we start trading and when we are near the end of our GA, we have to run some numbers and be a little cautious.

In hindsight, it did impact us at the end of the last game and it's why I've been so adamant about "renegotiate all deals" and barb fixes. I went into the big picture a few times and cycled because "renegotiate all deals" was on during that game because Donut would send a lux that ended its 20 turns but the unhappiness hit before the lux was sent in pbem.

I am surprised the rule left the 'to prevent riot' inside. This will be tricky really. Might end up with plenty of riots, if e.g. the supplier of a lux gets his resource pillaged (which we wouldn't even be able to anticipate). GA end is of course an issue too.
These days, I break into the building sequence a lot, but not to exploit this commerce/shield issue. I would get the big picture once I research a new tech and change from palace prebuild to finish the wonder the same turn. Or change builds as well...well, must relearn the habits

guys, I tried to access our team gmail and got the error message about our password:

has it been changed, I thought it's 'combover'

@ThERat... make sure you use team.babe@gmail.com don't forget the .

Top Bottom