How to win. A short guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never build serlers huh? I see... so how do I gain control of far of Iron deposits? And I doubt its goin to be pretty when an enemy rallies 3 more civs around you and crushes you. I find that if I betray someone, I get a 4-civ alliance vs me.

Small and tiny maps are truly easy to achieve conquest victory. The area is not large, the amount of cities is small, the resources are just stacked up near starting locations -- yeah!
Playing Deity gives you surplus score.
Yesterday I was playing a game for Indians, and I destroyed Chinese, Japanese, French, Zulus, and Persians after 150 turns.

This strategy is completely undeniable stupid and would drain my treasury with in a matter of turns.

Originally posted by Ari
I build better than any of you. Anyone can build. Winning is the challenging, fun part of the game.

I will play large perhaps the next. I just don't like that much moving around, it's boring. But I still believe the DID principle will bring victory.

Umh, I have a question? How can you claim to build better than any of us if you nothing more than a barracks in your one city? Perhaps you build your build your barracks with added skill and flair? :D

BTW It is easier to win by conquest on tiny maps, even at higher difficulties. Even I can do that and I am certainly not good at the warfare aspect of Civ3. ("I make war worse than any of you". :crazyeye: ).

If I may say so, it seemed to me that you are setting up your worlds to support your strategy. I took this one step further and set up a world to support a conquest strategy which will work under any circumstance. I just set up a map with all starting locations just next to mine with numerous modern armour for me and I destroyed all other civs in 4000 BC. :D They deserved it. :goodjob:

mannn all Im saying is all u cheapos and exploiters who think your real good would get worked real quick on Multiplayer...ppl know how to play there and you actually need diplo and tactical skills not a few tricks and exploits that cheat the dumb AI

I tried this strategy and it works to me on tiny& small maps. My choosen civ was not the persian but the aztec.

It should be modified when you play on larger maps. When you play on continents you can rush your continent& defeat the other civs on the other continent with some building strategy(till yhe diplomatic victory)

I was quite pleased. I can win on deity large with aztec and then...

Then I changed the version to 1.29. I cannot win. The cities cannot be traded, the AI won't ask for peace just rarely.
You cannot rush the other's.
Then I tried to build more but it was useless as I waited.
The AI civs was too fast for me they traded their technical development fast.
What can I do? Could someone help me?

People this thread is old and outdated, dating back to unpatched vanilla civ3... I doubt much of it is accurate anymore...

wilbill said:
Another somewhat narrow view. There are plenty of ways to fight corruption, but they involve building things other than swordsmen/Immortals.

You mean there are problems in life that can't be fixed with swords? :confused:

Wowza, the name fits the man. Mega huge bump.

Anyways, good strategy for victory, bad one for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom