I didn't like it

To the op above; I don't think games are childish, I think that they are a great way to improve hand eye coordination, and stimulate the mind.

He's not suggesting that all games are childish, just that the graphics (well, they are kind of childish, in a nice way) and the simplified gameplay in Civ Rev might be considered childish for the core of Civ-fans for the PC.

DS version has nice resource icons they are visible at least, but are generally different gray blobs. The stylus/button combo is taking some getting used to.

DS version has nice resource icons they are visible at least, but are generally different gray blobs.

They're only gray until you learn the technology to use them. When unlocked, they become quite colorful.

They're only gray until you learn the technology to use them. When unlocked, they become quite colorful.

Thanks, im only about an hour or two into my first DS civ game, and hadn't noticed that yet:)

after playing it for a while I don't like it at all,

1). It is illogical with regards to what unit can defeat another. It isn't documented anywhere that a Archer unit can shoot down fighters, how bizarre.
2). The tech tree becomes weird, i.e. if you have an advanced tech it offers you a tech of a lower sophistication, e.g. I have Cruisers and it offers me Galleons. that is just too illogical for words.
3). The tutorial doesn't prepare you for the difficult levels at all, I was quite good in the lower levels but was totally frustrated at the higher levels with the same strategy, defeats the object of the tutorial and renders the game pointless as the outcome is that the player is going to lose, and it's a exercise in frustration if you persevere to the pointless end.
4). Finding the darn tutorials was a mission, (yes I'm a noob at console games).
5). The tutorials are hopelessly inadequate as to what diplomacy can achieve for you, (still don't know after trying several higher games).
6). The AI is far to aggressive at the higher levels, spend most of my time defending and lose. (perhaps my mindset isn't devious enough for this game, or perhaps I don't know the cheats, but cheating to win defeats the object no ?).
7). why doesn't the AI pick wars with other AI's more aggressively and more often ?.
8). why is it that when the AI plays China it'll just expand and expand until it has pushed all my perimeter forces to my doorstep, yet when I play as the Chinese this never happens to my neighbours ?.

The developers have all the cheats and I'm sure they know this game inside out, it is after all their bread and butter, and in the process they lost sight of how to make a good game, they were so involved with the nuts and bolts that they couldn't see the forest for the trees...

Would I recommend this game, a big emphatic NO.....

i said this in another post we should be able to edit the game in an editor on the pc like all the others then copy it over in a map pack making the game for fun cause it could suit our needy demads for a better game i mean heck it would be better if they just took civ 4 made a few slight changes like graphics and audio oh AND AI THEN MADE A CONSOLE EDITION ID LIKE THE OLD TRADE system back and i think customizable controls more options and mouse and key bord support would be amazing

the online rocks everyone can host

Top Bottom