I just won my first Arab/King victory

Wavebird99

Chieftain
Now Im somewhat new to the whole civilization series, so Im nowhere near deity level, so I just thought Id share my finest game Ive ever played.

This was my first game on King too, and I hadnt used the Arabs before, so I tried them. My plan was just to win, and not really go for a specific victory.

Now, right at the beginning I find Im literally right next to Ghandi and his Indian Empire. Knowing that I am going to want to expand that way, I quickly build some legions and catapults and attack him. (Catapults were before anyone else thanks to the Arabs ability to get Mathematics for free).

Surprisingly, (but not THAT surprising), Ghandi has barely any armies defending his cities, and I roll through a couple of them easily. When I notice hes got two cities left still, I decide to peace for a bit. I wanted to establish my tech and culture a bit anyway.

About 20 - 30 turns later I return to war with Ghandi, and finish up his last two cities, which, again, had one or two defenders in them. This was all done by 1740, and I felt pretty confident that I was on my way to a victory.

Never the less, after conquering the rest of the Indian Empire, I encountered three new Civs. First was the Americans, who my galley found way down south in an Artic Island chain. They had around 4 or 5 cities set up, but they were so isolated I didnt feel they were a huge threat.

Then France came. France was on its own large island, or at least I thought. What I didnt realize until about two turns later was that our continents were connected by a single land bridge that was only one space wide. I set a defensive army at that choke point. (My continent had Germany, India, and myself on it at the start).

Finally, the Germans emerged. They were relatively close to the remains of the Indian empire. About a turn after I encountered them, I culture flipped the city of Sturrag or whatever. Of course, Germany doesnt like this and declares war on me.

The same turn Germany declares, I culture flip Detroit with a great person. Detroit is on one of the smaller islands in Americas island chain. Naturally, Lincoln doesnt appreciate it and declares war on me.

I end up fighting a huge stalemate with Germany in on and off wars throughout the 19th and 20th centuries. I manage to culture flip another one of their cities, and realize that with Cruisers/battleships, I can carry units across the ocean and attack another front of the German empire. One side of it was land locked to my empire, which I attacked with land armies, and the other part I sailed across the ocean to get too. I get combustion from the French in 1925 (The French never declared on me once, and were a great asset), and carry out my cross-ocean invasion by establishing tank armies and sending them to Germany.

It takes awhile to get a foothold, but I finally do, and take one of their mountain cities. At this point, its around 1970 and Bismarck keeps asking me for peace. I refuse, knowing that Im attacking on two fronts and can easily take out his last two cities (Nuremberg and Berlin).

Nuremberg ends up being the harder to take of the two. I take Berlin in the 1990s, and use what remained of my MASSIVE Tank army to knock Nuremberg, and the German empire, off the map in 2010. It was a great victory in my opinion, because I used a great strategy and it paid off.

While all this was going on, I ended up fighting the Americans down south in the Artic island chain. I defended Detroit easily until the 1950s, as Lincoln had a difficult time establishing a good attack force in the islands. I even managed to culture flip Philadelphia, another island. I would have called this war insignificant had Lincoln not been able to land troops with his Cruisers on mainland Arabia. There he did some damage, and ended up getting back Philadelphia down south. I peaced with him in the 1990s, the same time I defeated Germany.

At this point, I realized I could easily get a Domination victory, as I could use my battleships filled with ninja tank and lightning tank armies to attack Paris and eventually Washington. I even began the Manhatten Project, knowing I may need to use the nuke.

I conducted another massive sea invasion in the 2030s. I moved all my battleship/carriers off the coast of France (just in time to see America declare war on France ;)). I landed my tank armies and rolled through Paris easily, then signed the peace treaty. France peaced with America after this too.

Now I had my sights on Washington, which I felt was going to be a much tougher task. Although me and Lincoln hadnt been at war in awhile, I knew he had a tough defense set up in Washington.

So, I loaded my tank armies onto the ships and went to settle relatively close to Washington. At this point, the nuke was ready, and I fired it at Washington. It was great to see the city reduced to nothing, and I rolled my tank armies through, establishing the Domination victory.

In the end, I completely defeated the Indian and German empires, while taking Paris and Washington. I simply used a great strategy, and had all my conquered cities simply pumping tanks to the different ports where the Battleships were.

Great game. It took almost 4 hours total. The last two centuries took 2 hours.
:goodjob:

Sounds like an exciting game. The Arabs are truly a great civilization to play as :D

I had a similiar game with the Arabs, though it was my second time playing as them.

Top Bottom