Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zedd

Chieftain
I am also a frequent user of Apolyton's site which most of you are familiar with. The suggestion has been made on that site that we attempt a Multi Player Democracy Game. The idea was to use closed forums but it seems that idea may not work, however it was also suggested that Apolyton and Fanatica go one on one in a democracy game.

Who would be up for something like this, and do you think it a good idea?

Not until we finish this game. If you go to Gamecatcher you will see a multiplayer Demo game in progress. The link to Gamecatcher is here:
http://www.civgaming.net/gamecatcher/index.php

The game ended up taking alot of players from this demo game so it makes sense to wait until this demo game has been completed before deciding what to do next. It could be a nice idea to play Apolyton and it might get some more new people to play.

The only way that it would work is for Gamecatcher to host it. Or a similar site. Otherwise it would be far too easy for people to read the other site's threads. Gamecatcher (and maybe here or 'poly too) has a locked thread system that means you can't even open it unless you are registered with the administration.
With the number of people who post on both sites then it would be difficult to stop people registering for both teams. All the MP demo game members at Gamecatcher were well-known beforehand and then the team lists were officially confirmed so that other people couldn't read all the threads. I think this is how it works but Dell will confirm. That would mean everyone would have to be vetted beforehand though, which is a bit Big Brotherish but if all participants don't mind then that's fine. :)
Also, the penalty of being banned from both sites for cheating and passing information would be a severe one for anyone who cares at all about Civ! :)

We could make it work by having separate forums at each site to talk about the game but there will need to be a general forum where we can all talk to each other. You never know, Gamecatcher may also want to join, to make it into a three civ game.

Originally posted by Ren

Traitors...:mad: :p ;)

Well if Apolyton do not realise then GC may be more likely to ally with us so that we can both destroy Apolyton and then see who is the best out of CFC and the CFC traitors

We would never do such a thing.

It would have to be the three sites. :)

This game will require much discussion and planning.....so don't worry about it interferring with the current games yet.

Now...many people at GC will play for CFC. And we have no problem with that. But TF has told me HE WILL NOT allow a private forum for demo game participatants as he hates these types of "forum wars". I explained it wasn't a war...but anyway....his mind is made up.

So we could host a private CFC player forum at GC. That is no problem.

Now.....we have two options. Either Apolyton would hold their own forum....OR GC could host a forum for Poly players. This will make management of DL and cheaters MUCH easier. But again....Poly may not go for it. (I will post this idea there next)

If we have multiple sites..then we will need a neutral group of mod(s) from each side checking IP's for DL's. Soda (aka Unknown Soldier) has said he would do this job from GC. And from his work in the GC MP Demo Game....he is an excellent choice. Since TF won't allow it here...we don't need a CFC mod.....and depending on what Apolyton decides....well...we will wait and see.

Anyway.....lets start discussing it!

Yes... We would probably have to get an IP database to assure a player won't join 2 teams... A common registery would be necessary. Just like corn said I have no problem with doing that job, since I'm already used to it... But we would have to get someone from polly to do it too if they agree to host it in a private forum there. Obviously there should be strict rules, like the poster must already have posted somewhere if he wants to join a team, so someone can look at his IP before he is allowed... Severe restriction would be necessary... But anyway I guess this is far from being played, so I guess I may be too much enthusiastic. And we'll wait for this one to be concluded before also...

Originally posted by CornMaster
Now...many people at GC will play for CFC. And we have no problem with that. But TF has told me HE WILL NOT allow a private forum for demo game participatants as he hates these types of "forum wars". I explained it.
Indeed. I really dislike this kind of "us vs. them" ideas, even if it's only a game. :rolleyes:

Sorry guys... Closing this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom