Ideas for Total War games after Empire.

Some silly ideas could be Space: Total War, Fantasy: Total War, and Lego: Total War

Space would be like a futuristic game, with multiple planets and stuff :scan:

Fantasy would involve magic and monsters and stuff

Lego could even be a Mod where Everything is Lego :lol:

David Hasselhoff: Total War?

Zombies: Total War?

Gorillaz: Total War?

Zombies: Total War has some serious possibilities! :D :mischief:

There's no current RTS/BI mod for it, someone make one! :p

Total War Korea to Empire in Age of Discovery Timeline
Global Empire

should there be heroes or historical accurate people in the game: like Richard the Lionheart or Napoleon.

and zombies of course

Rome 2, Renaissance (mostly Mediterranean), or Three Kingdoms China would be good. Alternatively an official LoTR might be plausible, at least to tie in with The Hobbit movie release (if that is ever made).

I'd probably look forward the most to Rome 2.

Z-day might be very tempting too.

I think copyright payments and permissions, etc., and legions of LOTR fans being dissatisfied with the (typical of CA) level of detail of such a game prevents some kind of LOTR from being created. Plus, you know, it would require... creativity.

Just get Barbarian Invasion and the Fourth Age Total War mod(when it eventualy is released).

All the Lord of the Rings fun you could ever possibly want with just about everything possible worked in. (Including the departure of the Elves from Middle Earth represented by population losses in the Grey Havens and a limit on their population.)

Colonial period would be interesting ...

Rome 2, Renaissance (mostly Mediterranean), or Three Kingdoms China would be good. Alternatively an official LoTR might be plausible, at least to tie in with The Hobbit movie release (if that is ever made).

I want Warring States China. It's a very interesting time and the different state ideologies would allow for more customization and different tech trees.
They can do a Three Kingdoms expansion later.

Just get Barbarian Invasion and the Fourth Age Total War mod(when it eventualy is released).

All the Lord of the Rings fun you could ever possibly want with just about everything possible worked in. (Including the departure of the Elves from Middle Earth represented by population losses in the Grey Havens and a limit on their population.)

FATW has already been released years ago and I enjoyed playing it, along with the much more anticipated Third Age Total War for MTW2.

They are currently working their way through the final release which will include all of the North, including the dwarves, elves, Dale, and many other factions.

My ideas are Renaisscance Total War which would span history in the game from the 14th to 17th centuries. I say this would be a nice game to fit before Empire Total War. Medieval Total War II does this, but Renaisscance TW would have naval battles as well. You could replay the Battle of Lepanto, for one.

The second idea I had would be a game called Imperial Total War, which would cover history after Napoleon to say 1905 at the end of the Russo-Japanese War. Have it end before the onset of wide aircraft use. I believe the Total War engine could portray these conflicts quite nicely. Steam, iron and artillery, replacing, sail, wood, and cannon, it could work. And if its not the case to go all the way to 1904-05, then surely to 1902 to the end of the Boer Wars. The Wrights make their famous flight in 1903, so 1902 would be a good year to end the campaign. Although, I would love to see the Battle of Tsushima and the Battle of Port Arthur in game as well. With this an an American Civil War expansion would be an awesome standalone addition to Imperial Total War. Just as The Fall of the Samurai will be for STW2.

I like these ideas better than a Rome Total War 2, but I'll take what I can get. RTW2 will be quite interesing, because of the addition of being able to play out early naval battles, which were quite intense affairs. RTW2 also opens a door to a possible expansion for the earlier Greek Wars, or a better second Alexander the Great campaign. Anyway with these three games, RTW2 along with my two ideas, they'd be busy for some time to come. I wonder how I could get a hold of Creative Assembly and tell them about my humble thoughts? Hopefully they have thought of those two ideas themselves, they are obvious choices, which would work using the Total War engine.

My ideas are Renaisscance Total War which would span history in the game from the 14th to 17th centuries. I say this would be a nice game to fit before Empire Total War. Medieval Total War II does this, but Renaisscance TW would have naval battles as well. You could replay the Battle of Lepanto, for one.

The second idea I had would be a game called Imperial Total War, which would cover history after Napoleon to say 1905 at the end of the Russo-Japanese War. Have it end before the onset of wide aircraft use. I believe the Total War engine could portray these conflicts quite nicely. Steam, iron and artillery, replacing, sail, wood, and cannon, it could work. And if its not the case to go all the way to 1904-05, then surely to 1902 to the end of the Boer Wars. The Wrights make their famous flight in 1903, so 1902 would be a good year to end the campaign. Although, I would love to see the Battle of Tsushima and the Battle of Port Arthur in game as well. With this an an American Civil War expansion would be an awesome standalone addition to Imperial Total War. Just as The Fall of the Samurai will be for STW2.

I like these ideas better than a Rome Total War 2, but I'll take what I can get. RTW2 will be quite interesing, because of the addition of being able to play out early naval battles, which were quite intense affairs. RTW2 also opens a door to a possible expansion for the earlier Greek Wars, or a better second Alexander the Great campaign. Anyway with these three games, RTW2 along with my two ideas, they'd be busy for some time to come. I wonder how I could get a hold of Creative Assembly and tell them about my humble thoughts? Hopefully they have thought of those two ideas themselves, they are obvious choices, which would work using the Total War engine.

You could pitch your ideas at totalwar.com, or better yet, at the Org; several devs frequent those sites rather often (or at least did when I was over there; then again that was several years ago), although both these ideas have been pitched so many times (I remember fervently pushing for a 1500-1700 TW around the time E:TW was announced), I don't think you'll get anything more than a few canned responses and some trolling.

You could pitch your ideas at totalwar.com, or better yet, at the Org; several devs frequent those sites rather often (or at least did when I was over there; then again that was several years ago), although both these ideas have been pitched so many times (I remember fervently pushing for a 1500-1700 TW around the time E:TW was announced), I don't think you'll get anything more than a few canned responses and some trolling.

Thats what I figured. So I'll sit back and see what they develop after RTW2.

Top Bottom