Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Indeed - I started on it but there were some DLL work neccessary before that could be done.

<looks pointedly at Valkrionn>

It seems weird to me that Korinna leading the Scions(supposedly in the Risen Emperor's name), can adopt a state religion. In my current game she is the AV founder.

Korinna has always been able to adopt religions.

But it doesn't make much sense to me because she is basically the second in command of the Emperor's cult in her lore, and being able to commit heresy and go off with a "mainstream" religion just doesn't seem right to me.

Eh. She's always been able to, and I like the mechanic itself (that way not all of the civ is agnostic, which gets old fast IMO). Lore comes second, and can be adapted if it even needs to be.

It helps with her being an angel herself; She may be loyal to him but knows he's not as powerful as the original Angels.

Eh. She's always been able to, and I like the mechanic itself (that way not all of the civ is agnostic, which gets old fast IMO). Lore comes second, and can be adapted if it even needs to be.

It helps with her being an angel herself; She may be loyal to him but knows he's not as powerful as the original Angels.

Could the mechanos have a leader like that then, only limited to adopting either RoK, Empyrean, or Council of Esus?

But the Emperor's cult(and the Emperor) are the premise for the existance of the Scions; how is that any different?

Simple; The entire Mechanos culture is based on rejection of the religions, whereas The Emperor's Cult is simply another religion... One that can be followed even under Korinna, since you can still build some of the buildings/units.

The difference between rejection of ALL faiths and allowing specific faiths, is far larger than the difference between allowing ONE faith, and allowing all faiths.

Simple; The entire Mechanos culture is based on rejection of the religions, whereas The Emperor's Cult is simply another religion... One that can be followed even under Korinna, since you can still build some of the buildings/units.

The difference between rejection of ALL faiths and allowing specific faiths, is far larger than the difference between allowing ONE faith, and allowing all faiths.

Could there be machine temples allowed then? Or machine universities/schools of thought? You know, to give a slight culture/happiness bonus.

I don't know how easy this would be to do, if at all, but thought I'd suggest it anyway.

The 'pedia entries for units show you what the units upgrade to. Would it be possible to also show what the units upgrade FROM?

Obviously this is relevant only for mid-tier and late-game units, but could be helpful, I think. It would be most informative for units like Paladins and Eidolons, which can be upgraded to from a wide variety of lower-tier units, but would be useful for other late-game units as well.

Again, don't know if this is doable, or how easily, but if it is, would be a nice addition, so hope you'll consider it.

I don't know how easy this would be to do, if at all, but thought I'd suggest it anyway.

The 'pedia entries for units show you what the units upgrade to. Would it be possible to also show what the units upgrade FROM?

Obviously this is relevant only for mid-tier and late-game units, but could be helpful, I think. It would be most informative for units like Paladins and Eidolons, which can be upgraded to from a wide variety of lower-tier units, but would be useful for other late-game units as well.

Again, don't know if this is doable, or how easily, but if it is, would be a nice addition, so hope you'll consider it.

well ... it would be computing-heavy, since the only way how to get those units would be to go through all units and pick them one-by-one, but if some dll function like "pUnit.canUpgradeTo(int iUnit)" is made, i don't see why not - civilopedia isn't something you use all the time and it's quite slow already, so i don't see why not

( maybe except for the design/layout reasons and our laziness )

Hey Rife Team,

I've read through a lot of the forums and am PRAYING that 2012 is a good 1.4 kind of year! Everything sounds so great!

I have ONE big request: I know you are tight-lipped on the particulars of 1.4, but I want to ask you to comment on stability issues of the game. If one thing that 4 years at Sun Micro and Oracle have taught me, it's that complex programs ALWAYS have bugs requiring constant tweaking.

So many people have been screaming blue murder in the various forums about CTDs (and OOS errors in MP). I can usually get through a SP game with only a handful of non-fatal CTDs, though sometimes they come once every 5-10 turns after turn 500 on huge maps with 20+ civs. Furthermore, some of the Rife team in the forums have commented on not knowing how it all affects MP gaming as they rarely do it. MP adds so much to it, I hope you don't ignore it!

My deepest, heartfelt request is that you inform us minions (who often don't realize that you guys are doing all this work in your free time) of how these stability issues (like OOS'es by barbarian archers) have been coming along. I can never complete a MP game lasting more than 4-500 turns (often much less) due to the problems above, and we tried to go back to FFH and BTS for MP.... but we couldn't leave our dear Rife behind. However, stability is the one thing that really could end the playing experience for people like me as MP is more stimulating than SP and we have 3-5 people into it, but we have forestalled more games due to never being able to finish, even with just two human players.

A post here, and maybe in the bug thread and on your other (Official Rife) site would be much appreciated as there are a lot of us worried about this aspect!

Thanks, keep up the good work! :goodjob:
M

PS: I'm downloading the svn now, here goes nothing!

why dont the mechanos have their own cult such as cult of the machine? maybe a cult and not religion because instead of choosing this as a religion and adopting it, there are fanatics within this society who feel that 'flesh machines' are inferior and by attrition, god made man who replaced god and man made machine - who is to replace man. thus, it would function more like cult of the dragon.

anyway, i look forward to 2012 and i hope erebus has good tidings in the future.

this is images for Lenora Captain of Pirata from rise of legends

Spoiler :

i hope mechanos can change the worker into Clockwork man as like vinci from rise of legends

Clockwork Man
Spoiler :

First created by Giacomo, the Clockwork Man was originally intended for mining and other useful tasks. However, he soon discovered its usefulness as a weapon of war. Since then, others have copied his designs. The Clockwork Man is a ground unit with a melee attack. It heals itself when other Clockwork units are destroyed and gains attack power when other Clockwork units are nearby.

Mechanos Barracks​

enable to train gunpowder infantry unit such as musketeer

Mechanos Steam Fortress​
it changes from siege workshop to steam fortress

its add 2 :hammers: bonus

Well I had mentioned a great many a post ago that "if" Rise of legends models could actually be ripped and converted the DaVinchi stuff would be perfect for the Mechanos.

Unfortunately that hasn't been the case to date, though one does hope it might be possible one day to rip and extract the games models. In the mean time I can make somewhat similar stuff.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=362182

Top Bottom