If you miss a huge wonder by 1 turn do you reload, quit, or accept/continue?

A re-load is (imho) valid when the player used a Great Engineer to rush a wonder, but still missed it.
In civ 4, the player will always get the wonder when no more hammers are required, but not in civ 5.
Instead of getting a small amount of gold, I would like to get my Great Engineer back, but I'm not allowed to use him to rush another world wonder in the future.

In civ 4, the player will always get the wonder when no more hammers are required, but not in civ 5.

Are you 100% sure on Civ 4? I thought that if the AI completes the wonder between your turns you will fail it, no matter whether hammers are required or not - I imagine that it happened to me when I whipped a wonder. Otherwise, what happens to the AI wonder that is completed before your turn?

Are you 100% sure on Civ 4? I thought that if the AI completes the wonder between your turns you will fail it, no matter whether hammers are required or not - I imagine that it happened to me when I whipped a wonder. Otherwise, what happens to the AI wonder that is completed before your turn?

It's possible to screw this up in Civ4, but you can always make 100% sure that you'll get it before wasting a GE or whip it.

Production is done at the end of your turn, before the AI gets its turn. That's why you can whip out an archer and it will be there when it's the AIs turn.

Imagine that at T100 you're building a wonder, still a few turns left. You press end turn and now it's AIs turn(AIs T100). The AI then finishes the wonder.

Now it's T101 but the wonder will still be in your queue! Chopping, GE, whipping or whatever is too late now. The wonder is already built on the previous turn. But you can still press End turn with the wonder in your queue.

First on T102 will you get the notification that the city no longer can work on that wonder an the hammers are converted into gold.

There is a solution here. On T101, if you go into the wonderlist the game will tell you that the wonder is already built. If the wonder is not on the list you can rush it and you'll be certain to get it.

I only reload if I miss the Oracle. It's a huge setback to research the prereq techs without getting anything out of it.

Top Bottom