Immortal University 67 - Stalin

Is this a save, or a scenario?
If it's a save, can I somehow change the speed to marathon?

I have been looking at stalin for some time now, agg+industrious would be a fun combination to play. Looking forward to playing this one. :)

Perhaps you can load the save, open worldbuilder, save as scenario and then start a custom scenario. Just an idea, i dont know if you can change the speed then.

I finished my Stalin game yesterday:
Spoiler :

I made my capital into a decent HR cottage capital and went the well known great lib into lib route (got marble from someone). On the way some scientists/merchants and lots of wonderful 82.5 failgold/chop from resource/trait/civic. Like PeteJ i also libed MT, then went for cuirassier into cossacks and, like one would say, "roflstomped" the world. However because of the tech situation my route was Mehmed, Monty, Alex, Justinian, Kahn, Sitting Bull. I think there were only 5 or 6 cities founded in the new world. While it wasnt on purpose i finished the game exactly like PeteJ did: 1665 Conquest. Some screens are going to follow this evening.

Knightly_

Hey,
some screens from my game (took fewer screenshots that i had in mind):

Spoiler :

Cash-in time from SoZ failure gold:

A world wonder made of wood:

1070AD after i picked MT from lib. I am currently in a golden age from Taj Mahal. About 450 bpt are from my capital, also the city on the right side is starving for gpp production:

How to mop up Mehmeds stack... it worked out pretty good. Both did annihilate most of their main stacks:

...so i could walk in and:

Then i attacked Monty (no screens from that) and the next dude. My starting odds were pretty good:

And 6 turns later he capitulated. Im in my 3rd golden age, got the free merchant from economics and switched into full war civics (free market, bureau into vassalage) for the rest of the game:

Win in 1665AD. I declared against Kahn and Sitting Bull simultaneously and gifted all techs to my vassals. I wanted them to cap Sitting Bull for me but it didnt work out until i captured a city myself. I guess war success from your vasssals does not count.

Greetings Knightly_

Perhaps you can load the save, open worldbuilder, save as scenario and then start a custom scenario. Just an idea, i dont know if you can change the speed then.
Knightly_

I tried this process, and it seemed to work, however after 500 turns (at around 400 AD?)
So something was clearly faulty.

My game:

Spoiler :
There was alot of warmongerer, so this was bound to be a slaughterfest!

Got worried when Khan was boxed in by me, but for some reason he decided to not build much troops and instead build both the great wall AND the pyramids.
I massed a army early (axes) and pacified Khan.

My economy took a great toll from this venture however, since the two cities I decided to keep was so far away from my capital.

I also had little commerce, and did not reach currency.
Got too far behind and decided to declare myself a loser.

The map was abit too roomy for my taste, was I just "lucky" to get a big chunk of land, or is the Terra mapscript biased toward more land / civ?

My short story:
Spoiler :
My first attempt ended when I didn't notice Khan's red fist as I was watching what Mehmed was doing with his war preparations. Rage quit at about 1500BC. I replayed and won conquest at 1600AD with cavs. Checking that nobody was getting astro and building colonies was the only thing that made this different to a pangea.

@GenerallyGreat

Spoiler :
Colonies? Why build colonies? You get more pop/land from cities that are yours instead of a vassal's.

Spoiler :
Oh no I meant looking out for AI that might start a colony requiring boat building to kill off. That would suck as it could possibly slow down conquest.

Spoiler :
Oh no I meant looking out for AI that might start a colony requiring boat building to kill off. That would suck as it could possibly slow down conquest.

Spoiler :
That makes much more sense. Thanks for the clarification.

I tried this process, and it seemed to work, however after 500 turns (at around 400 AD?)

There is a line in the WB file that has "MaxTurns" or something to that effect. It gets saved to 500 if the WB file is saved from a Normal save. Set it to 1500 for Marathon, or 0 so that it's compatible with any speed, and then re-save it.

Try looking at This guide and the accompanying video.

There, I think I got it now! :)

I'm attaching a save for maraton speed, just in case someone else also want to play.

Attachments

• IU 67 Stalin BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    36.7 KB · Views: 33
I think I have troubles balancing units and tech in this game.

First I tried a few aproaches by getting stonehenge in my second village toward the border against
Spoiler :
Memed

That was a good idea... I think. However, I had troubles with barbarians.
When I ignored stonehenge, I had a better time, built a bunch of warriors and spawnbusted heavily.

I went AH first, and it seems like there is lightyears to fare from AH -> BW when you then need to fill upp with pottery and writing. :(

Top Bottom