Inciting revolution

lindsay40k

Emperor
I'm trying to improve my game when it comes to forcing a rival to switch ideology.

I've dropped a load of GMs on my biggest rival. Beatlemania has made my culture Dominant. But, despite them having a giant empire including many puppets, their -91 revolutionary wave, it's not enough to overthrow the bourgeoisie/fascist pigs/bureaucrats.

Would a couple of dozen XComs jumping up and down on their luxuries be likely to push their head underwater and hold it down until they recant their misguided views? They seem to have a big army, I don't think my paratroops will survive long.

at -91 happiness his cities should be rebelling and joining other empires every turn and he should be generating dozens of rebel military units per turn.

Just keep it up and his empire will tear itself apart

His NET unhappiness is around -5. His unhappiness PENALTY for rebellion is -91. Despite getting Dominant and refusing to export luxuries, I've not made things *unmanageably* bad for him. I'm wondering if anyone's ever waged war with an objective of attacking their happiness, forcing them to make the decision to switch ideologies.

The ideology penalty for happiness doesn't matter at all. His net unhappiness has to be below -20 for rebellion. I've gotten below -100 before and no problem. Good luck doing that with high difficulty AI. Usually can only happens when there is a world ideology different than his, you can force the entire world to hate him to stop AI trading lux, and also declare war yourself to pillage his lux. Watch out for his rebel units when he's below -10 as they usually are strong barbarians in the same era's unit as his.

I think luxury pillaging is the way to go. If they have Liberty break the roads around the capital for some more happiness. Try to push for -20

His NET unhappiness is around -5. His unhappiness PENALTY for rebellion is -91. Despite getting Dominant and refusing to export luxuries, I've not made things *unmanageably* bad for him. I'm wondering if anyone's ever waged war with an objective of attacking their happiness, forcing them to make the decision to switch ideologies.

It's largely pointless. It's a diversion from your real task, which should be winning the game.

However, if you want to do it quickly, get yourself a nice 20+ pop city and sell it to him. He'll pay you money to go into pretty significant unhappiness while it's in unrest. The city may even flip back to you in the process.

Top Bottom