Internal Affairs

Good to have you back. I pray Sherry, Anna and E-Train are doing well.

You've been through this before, but my best advise is be prepared for 3 months of very little sleep. Oh, and pick up the house and read Anna her stories before bed. Both will endear you to Sherry with the ultimate goal of more uninterrupted Civ time in the future ;)

OK, it's that time again, we get BW next turn, so what are we going to research? Pottery seemed popular, and considering we're not chasing religions at the moments, maybe the wheel and archery are two other options.

The other point I noticed in the save was the possibility of land further east. Just above the incense the is a square of land jutting out into the water; it may be nothing, but then again it might be the gateway to the promised land. We do have to explore west, but there is a warrior due about 2 turns after the 4 turns for the worker, and it will take about 5 turns for Bubba to get back to London.

Given the land around the capitol Pottery can wait, but roads will help Timing Pottery for the settler heading west looks like the best play.

So the sequence would be finish the worker, warrior, warrior, settler, and maybe another worker(?) then a lighthouse for the capitol.

How fast will we grow to three after the worker? That is the key as I think citizen assignments should be fishing boat, corn, then a mined hill, then fishing for everybody after that.

Aren't we already at 3?? Agreed, roads first,then pots. Archery.. some time. As for citizens, if we get corn farm in asap it will help for settler/worker, and then the mine to help lighthouse, we should be flying along.

Bede said:
Given the land around the capitol Pottery can wait, but roads will help Timing Pottery for the settler heading west looks like the best play.

So the sequence would be finish the worker, warrior, warrior, settler, and maybe another worker(?) then a lighthouse for the capitol.

How fast will we grow to four after the worker? That is the key as I think citizen assignments should be fishing boat, corn, then a mined hill, then fishing for everybody after that.

Suggested build order after worker finishes:
warrior->warrior->settler->worker->lighthouse

Worker actions: farm the corn, mine a hill.

Research: Wheel->?

Comments or queries?

The save is in and has to be handed back by 11:30AM EDT Monday, 5/29, so we have a little time here.

sounds good to me.

I haven't been too active lately mainly because I have limited time at home to do stuff online and at work they've blocked all imageshack stuff, so I've been in the dark. If people could post them as attachments I think that I can see them. In Sweetacshon's latest turnlog, I'm able to see that picture. I'm not sure how it was uploaded though.

Nothing special there, I just uploaded through manage attachments in the so callled advanced post section, and the shots were straight from the cIV screens folder.

No copper in sight. Bubba is heading north to find some. Looks like a landbridge thataway.

Now researching wheel due in 7, worker due in 3. Did not adopt Slavery.

well, without copper nearby, we need to think about AH so we can locate horses or, alternatively, go for IW.

So far, we have researched Sailing and BW, right?

yeah I think that is correct graham. I'd lean more towards AH than IW.

Duh, :wallbash:, and here I was thinking we started with Agri. Need to change to AGRI next turn, I think

Agree with switching to Agri.

Also, I lean toward AH.

I thought we had agri too!!! :(
I was thinking about an early wonder ... we have no good resources for this nearby, but what are the chances of other teams also having none? Are we better of just concentrating on getting some big fat cities on the rich land to the west, or risking a wonder?

:rotfl:

The blind leading the blind.....so is it going to be wheel or animals....I like wheel

Top Bottom