Interview with Christopher Tin

Cool! I want to hear the entire track, but I`m really digging what I've heard so far. It sounds exciting and just right for the game. Can´t wait for the 21st.

damn that tease

now I want to see the whole intro and hear the whole song

also Baba Yetu still gets me when I hear it I get a shiver down my spine and something in my throat

Very nice! People are talking about what civ and strategy they're going to play as first - personally, I think I'm going to be idling on the main menu for a good 10 minutes before doing anything else :)

I do wish he hadn't described Sogno di Volare as 'eurocentric' though, that's fuel to the flames around here

I'm not going to watch this, simply because I am hoping not to hear it before I load the game up for the first time

I do wish he hadn't described Sogno di Volare as 'eurocentric' though, that's fuel to the flames around here

I'm surprised they allowed him to use the word / didn't cut this part :rotfl:

But I personally don't mind. The song seems amazing, I really like it.
And had he made it "ethno" again, everybody would just say it's the same as "baba yetu".

I'm surprised they allowed him to use the word / didn't cut this part :rotfl:
Why would they? The people associated with Firaxis are in general pretty liberal if you look at what they say on twitter. I would be surprised if they'd shy away from that topic.

Not that there is any reason to remove that part anyway. It is obvious that he's talking about the musical themes, and in that context, the word is not controversial in the slightest.
It's just when people desperately looking for confirmation of their biases that they start interpreting his comment on the musical theme as a comment on the game as a whole and imagine everybody shares their rather one-sided view on the topic that the term becomes toxic.

Last edited:

Not sure why people are making such a big deal about this. The game has plenty of non-European civs. But Civ6 is being made by Firaxis which is an American company and Europe had a huge influence on the founding of America. So a lot of Americans are going to have a Eurocentric perspective since that is our cultural heritage for many of us. So it is not surprising that the lead designer, Ed B, was inspired by the European Age of Exploration which in turn would give the game a Eurocentric flavor.

I'm not going to watch this, simply because I am hoping not to hear it before I load the game up for the first time
This, exactly. I don't wanna see wondermovies, victory-sequences, natural wonders and so on! You have to keep some surprises to yourself, don't you? ;)

Top Bottom