Is this possible?

SomeoneLikeHim

Supersonic Scientist
I was playing a game with a friend yesterday when this happened. Only after I placed the city did I realise that the game shouldn't have let me do it. There are only two tiles between the cities. Am I missing something?

I did not know that, thanks! Could they be 1 tile apart as well then?

I didn't know that either! That could make for some very heavy coastal fortification. Just plop down 2 extra cities very near to the other and limit them to size 1. :D

I didn't know this for a VERY LONG TIME. I think the problem is that in-game it will always tell you that it has to be 3 tiles apart and it does not tell you about this exception.

Also, even if they are on different landmass, two cities still need to be 2 tiles apart. You can't have city-seatile-city arrangement.

So if 2 cities (on two different landmasses) were made by two different civs and only 1 tile apart, could they bombard each other?

So if 2 cities (on two different landmasses) were made by two different civs and only 1 tile apart, could they bombard each other?

No, they can't. Some vanilla modded games have cities in such prerequisite locations (and they still work in G&K). I've had games where I technically could shoot from one city to another, but the game did not gave such an option.

Top Bottom