Just Another Religion Mod (BtS / Modular)

Well, my impression allways was, that the files are only downloaded to rip the unique buildings in the mod. But more important is my lack of material. I don't want to reskin the same unit models again to create new missionaries and so on.

It'd be great if you can bring more stuff into the mod, but if not, that's understandable too. I'm sure many modders will use the stuff you already have, anyhow. Certainly I myself will stuff in a bit of the material here into WoL in the far future. Thanks a lot for your work, anyways.

You did an awesome job :goodjob:
But there is one thing id like to change.
I founded the egyptian Religion and everytime i built a missionary, the religion sound was played. How can i stop it,so the sounds are only played after founding&building religious buildings?
i was too stupid to find it in the xml.
Thx

dear JustATourist and Refar,

this mod is just great... one question tho, is it possible to have more than 7 religions in the same game? if so, how do I edit the .ini or python files to do so?

ps: i dont plan to take credit for your work or anything, just want to have more fun in the game
thanks

btw, if you're interested, i can help with translation to Spanish . .if it isnt complicated to do it of course haha, anyway, in case you're all still interested in updating the mod

To get more than 7 religions in a game you need not to edit any python or ini or such but to edit techs. In the base game, there are 7 techs giving religions, you just need to create more of them.

To get more than 7 religions in a game you need not to edit any python or ini or such but to edit techs. In the base game, there are 7 techs giving religions, you just need to create more of them.

how do i do that? i mean, edit them so they can feature a religion?

So I've downloaded JARM, unzipped the titular folder into MODS, loaded the JARM mod in the game, and selected Choose Religions. No effect. I also got a rather long string of errors when I loaded the JARM mod to the effect that it couldn't find the resources related to the new religions.

Hmm, no, I haven't. I'm still on 3.13. I thought I'd installed the latest patch. Thanks for pointing it out! I'll give it a try.

Okay, I installed it. It took me a while because of power outages and work backlogs, which meant that real life impinged on my game time. I've filed a restraining order.

Anyway, the update didn't do a thing for the JARM module.

Then check your JARM folder.
In your JARM folder, there should be another folder, called assets. If this is the case, then everything is right.
But i guess you'll see another JARM folder in your JARM folder. If this is so, move everything from the second folder into the first folder, and it should work then.

I took 4 religions from your mod and tried to merge them with mine. Problem is, religion icons in "Religions" section does not show up (pink squares). dds paths in "CIV4ReligionInfo" are correct, and modular xml loading is 1. What am I doing wrong?

I concluded that these new religions don't have a monochrome image to be shown. You know, before they're found. After you find the religion, relevant image shows up instead of the pink square. So it's not a big deal, but I need to find where those monochrome images held (for original religions). So I can add new ones.

Is there a WoC version of this?

Is there a way to lower the volume of the sounds that play when a missionary or religious building is built or when the religion spreads to a new city? The sounds from the new religions seem much louder than other sounds in the game. The "ODIN!" yell is especially loud.

Top Bottom