Just got my CIV V Strategy Guide!

Companion's are brutal. :king:

Stronger, Faster, more GGs which means early wars will grant greater game-spanning military benefits. Or earlier Golden ages attained through conquests.

Greece are an ancient era powerciv.

Powerful companion cavalry, better defence with hoplites. Basically with greece, you want to do a bit of warmongering right at the start of the game.

China are going to have a very powerful economic edge with the papermaker, and England seem very balanced and defensive - extra range on longbows makes land battle and defense much easier, and they have powerful navies so naval superiority is a must for them.

I've been chomping at the bit to see anything on the Iroquois UU and UB, and to see what the Special Ability looks like now. The suspense is killing me!

I think the -1 culture from the tomb is far less worrisome than the bonus for plundering the city. A UB ability that benefits the enemy and not you? Yay? >.>

Jaguar looks weak as hell. Again =/

To the nice guy writing this stuff up: I'd like to know what the secret unit is. Use spoiler tags for people who are that way >.>

I think the -1 culture from the tomb is far less worrisome than the bonus for plundering the city. A UB ability that benefits the enemy and not you? Yay? >.>

Yea, basically when you play Egypt, you will be wonder spamming with lots of free happiness......

And everyone else is going to want to capture all of your effort :x

Jaguar looks weak as hell. Again =/

Yeah they're early game, and yeah they kinda become obsolete quickly, but an aggressive player will be able to REALLY use these to hinder their opponent in the early game. Remember that pretty much every unit past this requires some kind of resource to really build. I think the spear man might be the exception to that, and some unique units.

Getting a 50% bonus in certain areas right off the bat is really strong, and it has durability. Very good for establishing an early empire.

We already know that longhouse is +1 production to any forest tile.

Wow lucky you. And lucky us for having someone as generous as you sacrificing time to share :)

Thanks! Like others before me, I'd like to ask if there's anything about Babylon.

Babylon is not mentioned anywere i have read in the guide yet, probably because they are only available through DLC through Steam. If I see anything I will be sure to post it

Thanks ltarmstrong! I suppose it makes sense that the guide doesn't have anything about Babylon, given how much they seem to want to keep it a secret.

Is there by any chance any detailed information about the various difficulty levels, and how the AI scales in resource bonuses / intelligence?

To the nice guy writing this stuff up: I'd like to know what the secret unit is. Use spoiler tags for people who are that way >.>

I am not familiar with what Secret Unit means, I have looked through all of the unit charts in the guide and didn't see anything out of the ordinary

So cool. Hey if your got a few seconds what does the United Front social policy do? It's under the order tree.

I think that's the only one we lack.

What do you think that "-1 culture from the Eygptian tomb" represents historically? Why minus one culture, other than game balance?

mate... im persian and i kept waiting for you to get to persia... you do most and then stop at them... GHAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

please could u at least let me know what their UB does?

edit: I'd also like to know if jaguar warrior is just 50% bonus in jungle or is it jungle/forest like the Iroquois UU. Because I can't imagine jungles would be THAAAAAT common, which would really suck - making their bonus just be +2 life per kill... much less interesting; especially since they only have 1 UU.

Is there by any chance any detailed information about the various difficulty levels, and how the AI scales in resource bonuses / intelligence?

Not much, but then no prior purchased guide ever really has, the best thing i have ever seen for this was dj anion's BTS guide posted in pdf on this website, best described as a companion more than a guide as it has all the importand hard numbers for BTS. I really want him to make the same thing for CIV V, so everyone bug him till he does!!!:satan:

Thanks kindly for posting the information TC. Most interesting thing so far for me is how many UB's don't overwrite another building. Seems like they really could add a lot compared to UU's, especially if their effect lasts throughout most of the game. Instead of having a more powerful unit for one age, you have a slightly more subtle force over your entire history!

What do you think that "-1 culture from the Eygptian tomb" represents historically? Why minus one culture, other than game balance?

It can be argued that the tombs weren't built as places of worship like most other temples are.

I foresee Iriqious being productive powerhouses... Longhouse + lumbermills, plop cities by huge swaths of forests and they'll be greatly defendable by your armies as well.

I also like how apparently, forests function as roads for trade routes too.. Which I imagine means you could place a city on one end of a forest, while having another city on the opposite end... and you wouldn't need to build a road for any reason; saving worker turns AND upkeep.

I like their SA.

Ah, so that's what the achievement

Arab Trader
Trade a luxury resource to another Civ that you earned through a city with a Bazaar.

was talking about. The Bazaar sounds interesting, especially as it further separates the warmongers vs. the peacemongers: a building that provides absolutely no benefit, unless you play nice with the neighbors (in which case it sounds like it'll be awesome).

mate... im persian and i kept waiting for you to get to persia... you do most and then stop at them... GHAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

please could u at least let me know what their UB does?

edit: I'd also like to know if jaguar warrior is just 50% bonus in jungle or is it jungle/forest like the Iroquois UU. Because I can't imagine jungles would be THAAAAAT common, which would really suck - making their bonus just be +2 life per kill... much less interesting; especially since they only have 1 UU.

O.K. but only because you are in agony! Persian UB is Satrap's Court, replaces bank, +25% gold like bank but adds +2 happiness empire wide.

Jaguar is 50% jungle only, no forest bonus

Top Bottom