Kick back to the civil war, Total War

Infested-Jerk

Chieftain
Total war was a concept that was started back in the civil war. William Tecumseh Sherman, a General in teh war had led his troops on a march to Atlanta georgia, he soon captured teh city and started a march north through south carolina. He persuaded his higher up in command to allow him to try a new type of war- Total war. In his plan his soldiers would live off the land and then destroy every thing in sight. As they went through south carolina they cut a path of destruction 50 miles wide. They killed crops and animals, destroyed improvements. Sherman said that:
"We are not only fighting hostile amies, but a hostile people, and must make old and young, rich and poor, feel the hard hand of war."
So how does this factor in civ3?
In my current game, I'm persia, against Iroquois (Spelling) Babylon, and Egypt. I'm playing continents and I ended up with two large land masses. Me and Mr. Iroquois are on the west one, Egypt and Babylon is on the east. Well, Now that I've practicly stomped my neighbor off my great continent, I'm going to cripple him further with my blitzing MAs.
First, i'll build up troops and insert them in his terriorty, as I go to war I will start to pillage everything in sight. The three goals are:
1: Detroy roads/railroads. This stops fast retaliation. (Speed is the essence of war- Sun Tzu)
2: Cut off resources they need to get units to counter your attack. This keeps them easy to kill
3: Totaly trashes the land if your but happens to get whooped.
4: (Okay, I lied.) To keep there cities starving in pain as you bring their good infastructure down around their ears.

Ways to pillage
The pillage command:
This just removes all improvements. (Duh)

Artillery (Ship and land)
If you bombard a space with a improvement on it, you ahve a chance of destroying it.

Nukes.
Nukes will ring a city with pollution and remove all terrain improvements. (It does downgrade terrain right?)

Anyways, so once you start pillaging they will probably get really mad. So keep fight but continue to destroy their great old system of roads and irrigation. If you do this long enough, their shields will suffer and they will stop producing units and imporvements so fast. Their food will plumate and they will lose their people. In the final step of this, ring their land city with stacks of units They will be the one city left, impossible to do anything, so have fun with their leader!
How does it look?

Top Bottom