Kublai Khan

Dimensions won't cause a file to not be read...file name would be.

The scene is an entirely different error not related to "texture not found". Not having a scene will most likely crash the game.

There is also the thing that you didn't make a xml description of the leader's "scene" so he wouldn't appear on the leader diplomacy screen, despite appearing during the "Dawn of Man".

I am in the process of changing the dimensions.... but this part that I have quoted I don't really understand. I am kind of a mod idiot so can you "dumb it down" please?

New file uploaded with "correct" Civ5 dimensions and the case-sensitive thing changed.

Now what was it about a "scene"?

And the file with issues right now is "yuan.dds" with a texture error. Does anyone know what to do?

Dimensions won't cause a file to not be read...file name would be.

Yeah, I thought as much... But the file was being read from what I understood, but the reading was failing.

The scene is an entirely different error not related to "texture not found". Not having a scene will most likely crash the game.

He has a scene, it is Ramesses'. What I meant is that his custom image wouldn't show up at the diplomacy screen (Ramesses would, naturally).

The only issue I can see is the one of dimensions (the map dds dimensions should be 360x412, and you have them as 267x189).

Well how can I change that?

He has a scene, it is Ramesses'. What I meant is that his custom image wouldn't show up at the diplomacy screen (Ramesses would, naturally).

Then how can I change that to make it mine? If I can't, I would at least like it to be Genghis Khan.

Well how can I change that?

By "redimensioning" the dds, for instance with the program PAINT.NET.

Then how can I change that to make it mine? If I can't, I would at least like it to be Genghis Khan.

I would first worry about solving the issues you already have, and then adding the scene.

But anyhow: you would have to create a file called "Kublai_Scene.xml" or something of the sort, and put in it the following contents:

Code:
<LeaderScene FallbackImage="kublai.dds">
</LeaderScene>

And then change Kublai Khan's <ArtDefineTag> from it's Ramesses setting that it is right now to:

Code:
<ArtDefineTag>Kublai_Scene.xml</ArtDefineTag>

Ok, thank you.

By repositioning the dimensions of yuan.dds do you think it will stop the texture error?

EDIT: yuan.dds loaded!! Thank you Androrc!

Now, the texture error is on kublai.dds, I assume I must create the scene now.

EDIT 2: Copied and pasted your coding into a file now called Kublai_Scene.xml.
Now, I have to import in the .modinfo file. If I'm correct, what "code" should I put for it?
(When I say code, I mean that random bunch of numbers and letters with quotes around it right after the <File md5= and right before the import="0")

It actually did stop the texture error.

My new idiot question is what code do I need to use in the .modinfo file for the "Kublai_Scene.xml" file?

I know that, but before each file, there is a giant "code" of letters and numbers. What "code" would I need to use for this file?

For example, the "code" for the kublai.xml file in the .modinfo file is "0D7C101DB8DA0E8B6E2C75692E6E68C2"

it's the MD5 cheksum of the file, you can get it with programs like WinMD5

it's the MD5 cheksum of the file, you can get it with programs like WinMD5

Thanks. Do you know of any other way to get it? I am on a Mac so WinMD5 would not be a program I could download.

EDIT: nevermind, my brother uses a Windows and got the code. Testing it right now.

@Androrc the Orc: I did what you instructed, the "scene" xml file. This is what I have for it.

Spoiler :
<LeaderScene FallbackImage="kublai.dds">
</LeaderScene>

Anything else I need in it? Because right now with this, the texture error on the kublai.dds file is still there.

Did you redimension the kublai.dds to be 1600x900 already?

But anyhow, yes, that's all that should be in it. For instance, in the 1066 scenario, these are the contents of the scene file for William the Conqueror (who uses a static .dds image):

Code:
<LeaderScene FallbackImage="Conqueror.dds">
</LeaderScene>

I am pretty sure I did, in the program I use to create LHs, the rendering image I used I change the dimensions to 1600x900.

I changed the dimensions, and still got a texture error. I am uploading a new version of the mod now to this thread so anyone can look at the issue.

That code is an md5 used to check data integrity.

I made a utility program called ModBBF that can add files to a mod if the mod already exists with a .modinfo file. It will generate md5's and add things to the Files section with include=1, which is all you need to do for added art files (dds, etc). You could use it for other files but you would have to edit modinfo manually to get them "added correctly" (e.g., as OnModActivated). It was never meant to be a replacement for ModBuddy, just a complement (ModBuddy gets terribly slow with many big art files). But it may be your only choice.

It's written in PERL which is available for Mac. The only specific issue I can think of that would be a problem are path names, which are different (in some way I don't understand) in Mac. But you could possibly figure this out with some effort, or maybe it won't be a problem.

By the way, I'm a fan of Macs because you can type Éa with a standard US keyboard. Or at least I remember doing that back in 1992 or so. It's 20 years later and I still can't do that in Windows (not without memorizing a 3 digit code).

Top Bottom