least and most aggressive civs in Brave New World

Imperatori

Chieftain
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum, however, I have played civilization for years. I believe I am more of a pacifist kind of civ leader and I enjoy more playing the growth and development side of the game. Civ 5 and its first expansion were not really cool for my playing style. I was always attacked by more than one civ once I started to win in any given game. Having said that, I must say I really like Brave New World. For those who, like me, prefer to play in a quiet setting, without aggressive civs, I have some information.

On another site, (1) I accessed some webpages that include a wide range of information about the leaders in civ 5 Brave New World. As a quick analysis exercise I ranked the civs according to their aggressiveness level. In short, I made an aggressiveness score which is the sum of scores of the following variables:

-Willingness to Denounce
-Meanness
-Offensive Unit Production
-Military Training Buildings Production
-Ranged Unit Production
-Likeliness to Declare War
-Likeliness to be Hostile
-Conquest of City States

Based on the scores gathered, I summarize the aggressive score, and rank for the civs (in decreasing order):

What are the most aggressive leaders?

Ashurbanipal,53,1
Genghis Khan,53,2
Moctezuma,53,3
Askia,50,4
Boudica,49,5
Alexander,48,6
Augustus Caesar,48,7
Nebuchadnezzar,47,8
Harald bluetooth,46,9
Suleiman,46,10
Elizabeth,45,11
Napoleon,45,12
Catherine,43,13
Dido,43,14
Gaja Mada,40,15
Ahmad al Mansur,38,16
Ramesses,38,17
Washington,36,18
Pocatello,35,19
Maria Theresa,35,20
Harun al Rashid,35,21
William van Orange,35,22
Haile Sassie,33,23
Gandhi,33,24
Enrico Dandolo,32,25
Darius,32,26
Hiawatha,30,27

If you don't like this approach, you can take the dislikes warmongers as a unit of analysis. In this way, the results are ranked as follows:

Who dislikes warmongers the most?

Haile Sassie,8
Elizabeth,7
Maria Theresa,7
Gandhi,7
Washington,7
Darius,7
Hiawatha,6
Ramesses,6
William van Orange,6
Pocatello,5
Ahmad al Mansur,5
Catherine,5
Gaja Mada,5
Enrico Dandolo,5
Harun al Rashid,5
Ashurbanipal,4
Boudica,4
Harald bluetooth,4
Genghis Khan,4
Askia,4
Nebuchadnezzar,4
Augustus Caesar,4
Suleiman,4
Dido,4
Napoleon,3
Alexander,2
Moctezuma,1

I am going to try a peaceful game, 10 civs, standard size, pangea, on noble level and will let you know how many wars there will be in my game.

(1) http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Washington_(Civ5)

Shaka isn't in these rankings. I'm guessing he's at the top though.

I'm a bit shocked to see Hiawatha so low though. He's always pretty aggressive in my games. He also tries to buy city states though, so maybe he just wants to compete with me over those, and has more of a reason to go to war with me than most.

I'm a bit shocked to see Hiawatha so low though. He's always pretty aggressive in my games. He also tries to buy city states though, so maybe he just wants to compete with me over those, and has more of a reason to go to war with me than most.

Hiawata also usually expands so much that your own units within your own terrtory are seen as a threat by him.

Nice. Can you do a "religious aggression" ranking too, I'm sure that'd be interesting :)

(who will ALWAYS send prophets/missionaries etc)

Same here. Likes to beat up his neighbors, gets cranky if you build wonders he also started, and really likes to take your territory... altho, he can be loyal ally if you befriend him sometimes, but he's no stranger to backstab either (I guess it depends on the game)

Nice. Can you do a "religious aggression" ranking too, I'm sure that'd be interesting :)

(who will ALWAYS send prophets/missionaries etc)

my guess is Arabia, Ethiopia, Egypt (BNW) and Celts are high on the list. All four are pretty aggressive when it comes to religion, altho, Celts are probably the only one who will not prophet-nuke your cities if you have religion... but other three, they will do it if they get the chance (gets higher if they are pretending to be friendly or if they want to DOW you in the next few turns) ... Spain can also get pretty aggressive with religion if she has one.

LOL, Montezuma is the least person who dislikes warmongers! Two people just alike :)

Top Bottom