Leman Russ Battle Tank - Unit Preview

I turn my back a minute and he's done, what 8 spanking new units?

You're getting very good, very fast! Might slow down a wee bit. I'm worried for your health!

Unit-wise: good, listen to these guys. They know what they want.

[edit] I think the normal size would be best, since you're titans wouldn't fit with the tanks if they would be larger. And if you're doing those massive tanks suggested by Kal-el, they'd be even more out-sized. I always thaught the standard tank was quite big to begin with.

zulu9812 said:
That looks great! Although...the cannon in the middle of the hull is actually a laser cannon. Additionally, is it possible to do different explosion FX for the different guns?
The gunflashes are just really simple objects with a key-colour that tells a post-production gizmo in OpenFX to make it glow (just look at their shadows) :) I can only do red or blue 'glow' but that's fine for gunflashes and plasma.

As for the lascannon ... that's how I'm animating lasers :p In real life they would be multi-spectrum lasers using wavelenghts outside the visible spectrum - so would be invisable ... but that's boring

Klyde182 said:
though I do have a request for you...it is the Mars pattern Leman Russ with a Ryza turret. If you notice it has a heavy Bolter instead of the lascannon in the front hull. if you could use this chassis for the Exterminator I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks Klyde :worship: :salute:
EIGHT LEMAN RUSS TANKS ARE NOT ENOUGH?!?!?! :wow:

We'll see. I've done half the animations so far but I've got the hard stuff to do yet :coffee:

I might cut and paste bits of various tanks and cut and paste the model into an existing animation.

... If anyone else requests another Leman Russ I'm gonna send in the bananas! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

you have been warned! :D

Looking Positievely AWESOME, Muffy! I love the World War I Tank :D I really need it, too. Sweet!

Goldflash you do realise that a German, British, French, and American WW1 tanks have been made? Or are you one of those types who can't be bothered to look? ;)

:nuke: Cheers Thorgrimm :nuke:

I need a generic, Thorgrimm. You obviously ca't be bothered to look at what I've said previously in the post.

Well lets see what you stated,
Goldflash wrote:
Muffy! I love the World War I Tank I really need it,
Now as far as i know WW1 Tank is not generic, you specified an era. Which IS covered by the British tank, which the Russ was based on, but i would not expect a snot nosed kid like you to know his history. :rolleyes: Or the meaning of sarcasm. Sheesh.

Cheers Thorgrimm

That simply rocks. Even more so in the animations than in the stills, because the movement seems very realistic. The camo is a bit more flashy than I care for but that's WH40k for you - excellent job.

I'd love to see what you could do with the models Kal-el posted up. Seen'em before and they struck me as just cool. Could potentially be used for things other than WH40k too, and more tanks is always good.

Keep up the fine work!

Thorgrimm said:
Goldflash you do realise that a German, British, French, and American WW1 tanks have been made? Or are you one of those types who can't be bothered to look? ;)

Really? I count the Renault FT17 for the French, the MkIV for the British and the A7V for the Germans. Where's the American one?

zulu9812 said:
Really? I count the Renault FT17 for the French, the MkIV for the British and the A7V for the Germans. Where's the American one?

It's in WOTW. So dl that. :)

zulu9812 said:

By my count, FT17s have been done by both ripptide and Kinboat.

An upgunned (American?) FT17 called an FT18 was done by ripptide.

A Mark VIII (IIRC both British and American) was done by Hunter.

There are also 3 (?) early 20th century armored cars floating around (Austin Mk2, Lancia, Russo-Balt)

-Oz

muffins said:
Got your autocannons right here :D

That's good, but can wee see an attack animation with just the autocannon firing (preferably repeating a few times, so I can see the rate of fire)?

Top Bottom