Leman Russ Battle Tank - Unit Preview

zulu9812 said:
That's a really good idea! I don't think anyone's done that yet - cool. But rather than it melting flat like that, could it melt irregularly into slag? If that's too much work, don't worry - what you've got is fine.

Nope no one has ever done a melting death before. That is one awsome death muffins :eek:

muffins said:
I might just modify the textures so that they are not quite so bright. If you look closely at the tank-killa Russ, one of the side doors swings open in the death but you can hardly see it 'cos of the dark texture :(

Yeah noticed it. It's got great little details. Sorted!

I was doing a final size check on the tanks when I noticed a big error that I made ... I made all the previews too big. As it stands, the units will be far too big in game so I'm asking again what size everyone wants the tanks (sorry :p )

all the previous previews were at 180x135 - which is two sizes larger than the biggest one in the below pic

I'm not doing any rendering until I know what people want because I'm not going to re-do any rendering once I've done it (rendering will take an entire night and is very, very boring).

I'll give it a day or so, so that people can say what they want, which will give me time to scale the textures properly.

@marinecorps - You're going to see a thread next week that says "EIGHT Leman Russ Tanks!" :D

I would say 120. Big enough to be noticable but not too big. 123's good too though, either one of those.

The melting death is damn fine, BTW. A question though: the side sponsons, why not make the tips civ colored like the rest instead of red? Or is that just another civ color palette option?

I have to agree with oz, 123's good :D, although 126 is good to :)

BTW you can always reduce the size in SBB much easier than re-rendering everything!!! :eek:

Here you go, Muffs.. the Sand Rat. You take take several liberties with the design and colors. Infact, you can take the tread covers off if you want. I dunno. Just rmember that it is low to the ground and most of the machienry, including the engine is in the turret. The thing in the back is an exhaust pipe!

Well, its a fictional Tank Muffs. I'll try to make a better one, but I'm no artists.

A Baneblade? Most bodacious. I predict these Leman Russes will be most triumphant. (Just watch Bill + Ted on Comedy Central... :crazyeye: )

Top Bottom