1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Limited City Growth

Discussion in 'Other Sid Meier Games' started by techiedude39, Jan 17, 2007.

1. techiedude39

techiedude39 Chieftain

Jan 15, 2007
    It appears your cities can only grow so big. I was hoping to get some cities so big that they blended with their neighboring cities.
    Does anybody know if that's possible?

Also, how can you tell exactly how many of whatever resource a particular city is demanding, actually needs?
    If city A requires food, how do I know to send it one carload or eight?
  2. Snoopy55

Snoopy55 Chieftain

Nov 4, 2006
    Centralia, Il
    You might be able to get them larger by playing with the RRT_Cities file. That controls the number of buildings.

As far as how much of what, just pack it in there, They'll take all you can give them.
  3. Krupo

Krupo Old-time newsgrouper

Jan 1, 2006
    There's no limit; they'll buy as much as you want to ship.

In theory the more you ship the less you earn *per-car*, but I've never seen this to be an issue; ship as much as your trains can haul!

... oh, I see your other thread - your cities will end up consuming everything you deliver over time - I'll mention more in the other thread.