Limited touch controls

Wop

Chieftain
Hi!
I have a Windows 8 tablet (Acer W500 to be exact) which can run Civ5 on lowest settings. But for some reason when using touch controls the 2-finger gestures don't work.
I can click with one finger, drag units with one finger and bring up the menu with 3 fingers, but when trying do zoom or pan the view, the game does not respond.
I am sure that the tablet has multitouch support, because of various other apps that use it.

I'd like to know if anyone has the same problem and possibly knows how to fix it.

I have noticed that it is a little tricky. Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity for the two finger touch?

I have noticed that it is a little tricky. Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity for the two finger touch?

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean in Windows or somewhere in-game? I failed to find such a setting.

I checked into it, and there is no sensitivity. The sensitivity is the tapping. As long as you hold the first finger (without tapping) you can place the next one down without tapping also and still move the screen.

You can adjust the tap and the press and hold settings in windows. I think that if one concentrates on getting two fingers down at the same time, it may be going about it wrong. The key is hold the first finger until the next finger touches. Then without pulling either finger back just slide them over the screen. To zoom, move the fingers away from each other. To pan move them in the same direction.

I have a windows tablet and the controls seem pretty decent. Sometimes I notice lag on the controls when playing with the touchscreen, but otherwise I don't really see many issues with panning and zooming. I can generally pan by tapping my index and middle finger together, and swipe in the pan direction. To zoom, I usually tap with my index & thumb and either spread them to zoom in or together to zoom out. I think you need to make the motion in a generally vertical direction; seems when I do it horizontally it doesn't work as well. But the touchscreen in general is pretty nice, except that my fat fingers sometimes seem to big for the screen buttons. Really, the only major problem I have is I cannot type when trying to name a save file (I can't seem to get the on-screen keyboard to come up in fullscreen mode), but otherwise, it's really nice. I just bought the tablet, and can't wait to try it with multiplayer hotseat mode.

Top Bottom