Looking for European and Winter terrain packs..

Smellincoffee

Trekkie At Large
I've done several searches on the site, and the library only links to preview images. Are they ANYWHERE to be found besides the PTW disc? :(

Originally posted by Smellincoffee
Are they ANYWHERE to be found besides the PTW disc? :(
no, well the Conquest disc, but you have to wait then;)

The European Terrain changes the graphic of the cattle resource, makes it better IMHO. But what's weird about the Sn00py (and I don't remember about the Warpstorm) terrains is you can't enter it into the scenario search paths, the only way to incorporate them into the game is download off of a site like this. Sorry I can't be of any help, Smellincoffee. Although the terrains are on the C3C preorder disc, but I thought someone said that you need PTW to have the CD work, but that wouldn't make any sense with the Warpstorm and Sn00py terrain packs.

Originally posted by Packer-Backer
The European Terrain changes the graphic of the cattle resource, makes it better IMHO. But what's weird about the Sn00py (and I don't remember about the Warpstorm) terrains is you can't enter it into the scenario search paths, the only way to incorporate them into the game is download off of a site like this.

That's totally untrue. You can enter their path into scenario search path, or you can copy them into your mod folder. You don't have to download them at all.

Sorry I can't be of any help, Smellincoffee. Although the terrains are on the C3C preorder disc, but I thought someone said that you need PTW to have the CD work, but that wouldn't make any sense with the Warpstorm and Sn00py terrain packs.

Warpstorm and Sn00py packs are not "CD work", they're fan made so they are avaialble on CD only as a bonus. Euro and Winter terrain are Firaxis made, that's why you can't download them.

I know for a fact that you can use my and Sn00py's terrain with scenario search paths. In fact, the PTW help file shows you how to this.

Added scenario path searching to Scenario Properties. This path is searched prior to the default scenario folder (the name of the scenario). Each folder in the path must be separated by a semi-colon (no spaces) and must be contained in the root of the scenarios folder. For Example: If your mod is called MyMod.bix and your search path is "..\extras\World War II\; Warpstorm Watercolor Terrain" the game will look for the assets in the following order

..\extras\World War II\
Watercolor Terrain
My Mod
CivPTW
Civilization III

You'd almost think I wrote that ;)

Top Bottom