Lord of the Rings

ispanets

Warlord
Hi! We have started working on the CIV VI LOTR scenario. Have some progress even. Do you want to join? We really need:

- Designers (2D & 3D)
- Modders (XML/SQL)

If you want to join us, please send me and email to lotr.sg@gmail.com or here by private message. Thanks!

Some maps screenshots (thanks to @Ewok-Bacon-Bits)

(Update: see progress / screenshots on the posts below)

Last edited:
I don't want to sound harsh - every fantasy or Sci-Fi mod is a good thing in my book, but why has it always to be LOTR? There are myriads of Fantasy worlds out there (and you can also crate a unique one by yourself) lots of them lengths better and more interesting than Middle Earth. Why not try something different for a change?

Well, there are many other Fantasy Worlds, and many other modders. So I propose doing what each of one likes the most, and we will have all of them. In my case, I choose LOTR, because I don't know anything about other Fantasy Worlds. I leave that work to other modders.

And the LOTR lore, landscape, ethnicity, balance power, etc... is kind of a classic. I'm not invested enough in Civ's modding [yet!] to help, but I sure will try it! Civ5's version was fun to play, thank you for your work ispanets!

War Chicken, nothing stops someone else to make a Riftwar Sage's overhaul. Let the modders do something they are interested in, that's how we get good and creative mods. Modders won't work on something they are not interested in.

Ewon-Bacon-Bits and I have already started working on this. We have a great map, we are already working on Civilizations, and lots of ideas :) So guys, if anyone wants to join, write here or to lotr.sg@gmail.com

Im looking at making a fantasy total conversion of my own fantasy setting, but id love to help out here too however i can. Collaboration makes everything go faster and smoother :D

@ispanets I think so, but I'd like to create a non-scenario version as well. can we chat on steam sometime this weekend? Is there a time during the day that works for us to do that? I'm in the Pacific Time Zone.
Edit: I thought we were friends on steam, but I didn't see you on my list. I also couldn't find your mods on the workshop. Did you take them down or is there some other reason I can't see them?

Last edited:
I took them out because I could not keep them up to date and with the game updates they started to have HUGE bugs. Yes, let's chat there. My user name is ispanets (I think), I remember you too. I will send you a message.

Screenshot of work on governments or Leagues now. Keep in mind this it is subject to change, thanks to JFD for his religion mod which has helped save time!

Spoiler Government Screen :
Leagues.png

Subject to change but here is a look at the civic UI. The Icons are not done yet until we have access to the SDK for now, the plan thus far is too make the UI kinda look different for each civilization or cultural group we shall see :) So here is a potential look for Gondor and Lothlorien.

Spoiler CivicScreenExamples :
GondorExample.png
LothlorienExample.png

Top Bottom