Mad Scientists Diplomacy

New message from MS:

Again, our deep apologies for the delayed response. We tried to get one out on the same day, but not enough voices had weighed in before now.

We agree that we should work together on tech, but, as you noted, since neither of us has Alphabet yet that makes current trades impossible. Our immediate priority is domestic affairs. As such we don't plan on researching Alphabet any time soon. But after Calendar, perhaps we will, at which point we can nail down some trades.

Have you already approached Kazakhstan regarding the trade for MC and Archery?

Death To SANCTA!!
Mad Scientists
So, they're not willing to research Alphabet anytime soon. Then again, Kaz have just offered it...

Edit: Wah Parkin beat me to it. Oh well, I like how we've solved our alphabet problem! Hopefully we'll be able to have good trades with these guys. We'll have Alphabet on them at least. :p

Sent a quick private message to DaveShack in the hopes of confirming certain techs MS has in the next few hours, informing him that we might have Alphabet soon and don't want to double up with what they have. (I figured we didn't have the time to take days to get through their bureaucratic message reply system, so hopefully this will work. :) )

Dave says he's fairly sure MS has Maths, Iron Working and Sailing.

What about techs like Code of Laws or Monarchy? I wonder what we'll have to offer to trade, other than Alphabet of course...

He didn't say anything about those ones, and I doubt I could get any more out of him. It doesn't matter anyway, as we can't do anything about the techs we already have. :)

No one thinks that it's important that they hate SANCTA? ;)

It is definately important info. However currently there aren't much we can do with it. We shouldn't choose our side yet.

Are we sure they are anti-SANCTA? I mean, this reminds me of Diplomacy. They could easily be playing us.

It doesn't really matter that much at the moment anyway. We'll reserve our judgment on SANCTA until we can meet them and talk to them for ourselves. ;)

However, I don't see anything to make me suspicious that MS are trying to "play us" with their anti-SANCTA comment. I'd be more cautious of Kaz or Cav claiming they were anti-SANCTA, since with their tech arrangements in the past that'd be a lot harder to believe.

Okay we should probably work towards sending an email to them so we can get the tech trading process rolling, eh? ;)

We have...
- Archery (60:science:)
- Alphabet (300:science:)
- Code of Laws (350:science:)
- Feudalism soon (700:science:)

They have...
- Masonry (80:science:)
- Polytheism (100:science:)
- Sailing (100:science:)
- Mathematics (250:science:)
- Calendar soon (350:science:)

I had this suggestion in the Turn tracker thread:

Assuming MS is going for calendar I would suggest:

1st CoL or alpha to all cheap techs (masonry, sailing and polytheism)
2nd col or alpha to calendar after we got maths

Beakerwise this is quite well in balance,but assuming that calendar will be monopoly tech when they get it they might not like this. In case of further negotiations are needed I would offer Archery and possibility to get all techs before they give calendar to us.

Only issue is if we don't get maths from them, it's going to be a long time before we finish Feudalism and get Mathematics. Guess we don't have much choice though, hmm.

I agree that alphabet or code of laws for the three cheap techs is a good idea.

I think Alphabet. Doesn't really matter if they get it, everyone they know has it already which makes it not so valuable. And that'll prevent any other team sending it to them.

Proposed message:

Greetings Mad Scientists,

As you may have noticed, we finally managed to obtain Alphabet! As such, we would like to propose a multi-part tech exchange to you. Hopefully this will be the first of many such exchanges between our two nations!

Part 1: Alphabet (448:science:) for Masonry (119:science:) + Polytheism (149:science:) + Sailing (149:science:)
Part 2: Code of Laws (522:science:) for Calendar (522:science:)

This deal is 31:science: in your favour, so we hope you will be agreeable. Please let us know what you think! :)

Regards,
Lord Parkin of Saturn
I'll send this in about 12 hours if no-one has any problems. :)

Once again, only problem is that it'll be like 16 turns before we get mathematics for calendar. :p

Maybe we should just trade with them for Maths? Don't worry about Kaz? :p

Maybe we could ask them why 'DEATH TO SANCTA!'?

in my opinion we can do without maths for another 15 turns. Unless changing our deal with kazs is very cheap to change or MS provides it very cheap I would consider hurrying.

Top Bottom