Mafia Game

Hosting a pitboss game isn't too difficult, all you need is the software for it. However you do have to have it running on your computer all the time unless you can host it somewhere else.

BCLG100 said:
Well what do you have to do to host a pitboss game? i dunno whether i could or not.
A computer that is connected to the internet 24 hours a day, and the pitboss program.

EDIT - looks like rodi beat me...

Don't you also need to have civ4 on the computer to be able to play pitboss? I have one old comp that is always connected to the net.

Yeah. Think of it as a multiplayer game with day long simultaneous turns. You log on once a day, connect to the game, play your turn and then log off. It's all done through the built in civ4 multiplayer. Only the computer hosting the game needs the pitboss program.

What I meant was doesn't the comp with pitboss also need civ4? I could try to start a pitboss game, but I am not sure if my old comp can install civ4.

Could we play an MP game with simultaneous turns with a turn timer? just have people logging on at a specific time each day?

You can also have it hosted on a server independant of your computer, however you have to pay for that.

I am in...PBEM, pitboss..what ever...

I'm happy to play either, but a pbem might be a little easier to set up.

Ok well then maybe a smaller number would be best for PBEM?

Maybe 4 maximum? We could also try perhaps a 2 v 2 locked war, maybe with 1 from each team on seperate continents, anyways what are all your ideas for it?

Well what sort of interest do we have..lets start a new thread and try to get everyone who wants to play to post. We could do a mini tourny ment type deal or even a ladder.

I am starting teh thread

Top Bottom