Mafia Wars game thread

In this game, a roleblocker is worth waaay more than a limited doctor or a politician.

Preventing someone else from performing a night action -- in this game, almost everyone had a night action -- is worth infinitely more than a limited doctor or a politician. The doctor would be wounded if his protection was successful -- but there's a 50% chance someone getting attacked will be wounded, anyway! A roleblocker can stop a kill, and the blocker doesn't get hurt, and information is collected.

I'm just baffled why everyone decided to get rid of their roleblocker. Makes NO sense.

Because, unlike you, we didn't know the set-up of the game from the start. :p

godfather only had "first time injured" (if I am reading this right, as in VERY first time or just the first of each night? I was attacked myself I guess 3 times, assuming two hitmen did hit me second to last night). So if luck went the right way a godfather could have died to 50%.

Only very first attack was automatically a wound, each subsequent could kill godfather

As for politician... I suppose that in this particular game, with so small voting activity, good played politician could be really really powerful - in fact, he would control more than half lynches, I suppose,

As for doctor and roleblocker
I started with "full protector" - preventing one attack without cost for himself, and with roleblocker that would not know if he actually blocked someone. But then, I thought no-one will choose roleblocker! So I buffed a corruptor and nerfed a bodyguard

This.

Also, it's unclear whether a corruptor would negate a Godfather's survival ability...it's unlikely. Politicians use their ability during the day, so the roleblocker can't stop them. So the only ones the roleblocker could in fact work against was a hitman or another roleblocker. Why hope to block the hitman when you can block one of his possible targets?

Bah!

Politicians use their ability during the day, so the roleblocker can't stop them. So the only ones the roleblocker could in fact work against was a hitman or another roleblocker. Why hope to block the hitman when you can block one of his possible targets?

Because protecting someone injures you. A person has a 50-50 chance of being injured anyways, without protection. A successful roleblock wounds no one, and it gives you information. Protecting someone doesn't give you any information.

Yet Zack has a point, you should keep your options open and having one hitman, one roleblocker, one doctor is a balanced mix.

What's hard to figure out is what alignment I should count people as in a game like this. The most straightforward thing to do is to count everyone but ATPG mafia and ATPG a town, but how can I count someone as town when they were on a one-man faction that was more neutral, and how can I count everyone as a mafia?

This question remains unanswered.

Also, don't blame me- I thought I was less valuable than the roleblocker, too and I wanted to kill people, but my family decided to make classical the hitman instead.

I think that you should count almost all players as mafia. But it would be better if you ask someone who is doing this (Romanic?) for advice; it is only my personal opinion

Maybe atpg was more of a Serial Killer in that he was a one-man factio who had to eliminate everybody else.

I guess I could also count everyone as neutral like I did for It's A Long Story and Court of the Momus, which makes sense in some ways and no sense in others.

I think I'll call Romanic.

Tell 'im you want to talk to Mr Jazz, first name Hugh.

Top Bottom